Crows 2016

Talk on the national game

Re: Crows 2016

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:39 pm

stan wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Laird is a big out. It's no secret when he misses out our decision making and disposal from half back goes to shit.

Not good I hope it's only 1 week. Many other blokes will need to step up in his absence.

I think you will still be fine, fi you can't get past Collingwood with only Laird out then Heaven help you. I think you'll still be far to good, minimum 6 goals.

I think you're right and I still would expect to win, but he is critical to the teams best performances.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 748 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Stumps » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:35 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:
stan wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Laird is a big out. It's no secret when he misses out our decision making and disposal from half back goes to shit.

Not good I hope it's only 1 week. Many other blokes will need to step up in his absence.

I think you will still be fine, fi you can't get past Collingwood with only Laird out then Heaven help you. I think you'll still be far to good, minimum 6 goals.

I think you're right and I still would expect to win, but he is critical to the teams best performances.

Agree, the big reason Im confident of a crows win is I cant see who will kick the pies goals. Talia on cloke should mean cloke is covered, fasolo is out who I don't like but can play and is dangerous, Moore can play but lever should match up well. Who else? Varcoe, blair....meh!
Stumps....
Stumps
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:28 pm

Don't forget the mercurial Jesse White
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:36 pm

Brodlach wrote:Don't forget the mercurial Jesse White

Careful, he's worked us over before... All be it in a much better side.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:47 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Don't forget the mercurial Jesse White

Careful, he's worked us over before... All be it in a much better side.

Maybe I was being serious
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:48 pm

Tell you what Rucc is still tooting the horn of Hurley joining Adelaide next year, dreaming I reckon.

I'd be pretty bloody happy if the club picked up Rockliff and Hurley during the off-season however I reckon I would have more of a chance picking up 60 possies and slotting 6 straight tomorrow....
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:15 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Tell you what Rucc is still tooting the horn of Hurley joining Adelaide next year, dreaming I reckon.

I'd be pretty bloody happy if the club picked up Rockliff and Hurley during the off-season however I reckon I would have more of a chance picking up 60 possies and slotting 6 straight tomorrow....

Until Hurley commits with us there is always a chance he could join anyone and that includes Adelaide. Would cost you 2 first round draft picks and by all reports Jenkins has re-signed on very big coin so I can't see the club having a spare $850-900k to sign Hurley aswell.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3571 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby bennymacca » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:13 pm

Jim05 wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Tell you what Rucc is still tooting the horn of Hurley joining Adelaide next year, dreaming I reckon.

Until Hurley commits with us there is always a chance he could join anyone and that includes Adelaide. Would cost you 2 first round draft picks and by all reports Jenkins has re-signed on very big coin so I can't see the club having a spare $850-900k to sign Hurley aswell.

its possible they have the space - they would have lined up a million for danger i reckon. gore would be on nothing.

Jenkins probably doubled his contract though, but they could still have a bit left. Reckon he would be close to our highest paid if he stays. The only other one near him would be walker.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Jim05 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:20 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

its possible they have the space - they would have lined up a million for danger i reckon. gore would be on nothing.

Jenkins probably doubled his contract though, but they could still have a bit left. Reckon he would be close to our highest paid if he stays. The only other one near him would be walker.

Would leave it very tight and wonder if it would affect player harmony if a guy new to the club became the highest paid player or close enough to it. For us the Crows would be one of the worst outcomes as even 2 first round picks would more than likely be both in the 14-18 range
Jim05
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:49 pm

The way Lever is coming along, he looks like a potential all australian. And Hartigan has had a very good season imo. Plays his role well.

Not really sure we need him to be honest. especially at his pricetag
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:17 pm

bennymacca wrote:The way Lever is coming along, he looks like a potential all australian. And Hartigan has had a very good season imo. Plays his role well.

Agree, Crows just doesn't look like a good fit for me.
He would be better suited to GWS, Sydney or Hawthorn who all need a key defender
Jim05
Coach

Postby Grahaml » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:34 am

Jim05 wrote:

Because Essendon have such a strong bargaining position? Not so sure they'll be able to command that much. Would be pretty easy for him to just walk out on Essendon and get nothing. Or if he'd be able to leave as a free agent, would cost Adelaide nothing. Would Essendon then get pick 2 or 3 for him as compensation? Would be better than 2 late first rounders IMHO.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby Jim05 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:19 am

Grahaml wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Because Essendon have such a strong bargaining position? Not so sure they'll be able to command that much. Would be pretty easy for him to just walk out on Essendon and get nothing. Or if he'd be able to leave as a free agent, would cost Adelaide nothing. Would Essendon then get pick 2 or 3 for him as compensation? Would be better than 2 late first rounders IMHO.

He is still contracted for a year and the whole walk out thing is a myth.
Would have to go to a AFL appointed Grievance Tribunal which is not guaranteed that he would win especially as the CAS decision found the players guilty of doping and laid a fair percentage of blame with them.
General consensus is he is worth a Top 5 pick or 2 later first rounders and most clubs would happily part with that for him.
Jim05
Coach

Postby carey » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:03 am

bennymacca wrote:The way Lever is coming along, he looks like a potential all australian. And Hartigan has had a very good season imo. Plays his role well.

F**k me how many AA you got now 13-14??????

Wow
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Corona Man » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:21 am

carey wrote:

F**k me how many AA you got now 13-14??????

Wow

Why not give them the entire 21 spots.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1285 times
Been liked: 3503 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Brodlach » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:43 am

Reckon he meant in years to come not this year.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:14 am

Hartigan whilst improved still leaks too much and his disposal is average at times. Lever is a dead set gun in the making.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:38 am

Brodlach wrote:Reckon he meant in years to come not this year.

Of course I meant in the years to come, not my fault the red tins have fried Carey's brain
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Grahaml » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:32 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Grahaml wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Would have to go to a AFL appointed Grievance Tribunal which is not guaranteed that he would win especially as the CAS decision found the players guilty of doping and laid a fair percentage of blame with them.
General consensus is he is worth a Top 5 pick or 2 later first rounders and most clubs would happily part with that for him.

Would go to a tribunal armed with the fact that the club were found to be in breach of workplace laws. The general consensus is that such a tribunal would be a near slam dunk. No doubt Adelaide would come to the table, but I wouldn't presume that they would pay too much more than they need to with the option might be there. Still, all a moot point until such a time as Hurley decides he wants out, if such a thing eventuates. But the strike rate of the media with these things is irritatingly good.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby Jim05 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:16 pm

Grahaml wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Grahaml wrote:
Jim05 wrote:[quote="LaughingKookaburra"]Tell you what Rucc is still tooting the horn of Hurley joining Adelaide next year, dreaming I reckon.

Would go to a tribunal armed with the fact that the club were found to be in breach of workplace laws. The general consensus is that such a tribunal would be a near slam dunk. No doubt Adelaide would come to the table, but I wouldn't presume that they would pay too much more than they need to with the option might be there. Still, all a moot point until such a time as Hurley decides he wants out, if such a thing eventuates. But the strike rate of the media with these things is irritatingly good.[/quote]
Only Rucci is running with story of coming to Adelaide.
Several have said he is 50/50 to stay and interestingly Barrett and Caro who everyone swears by think he is staying.
The 4 really good friends are having a ripping time OS and a club sponsor has paid for another handful to head over there next week and there will about a dozen of the banned players going on a cruise around Croatia
Jim05
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL