wubsy's Sydney thread

Talk on the national game

Re: Sydney Swans

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:03 pm

Tippett out for up to 6 weeks...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3039 times
Been liked: 2407 times

Postby MW » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:19 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Tippett out for up to 6 weeks...

you'd take that after hearing the description, they normally are 8-10 with a torn tendon
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2656 times
Been liked: 1882 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:14 pm

Some good news regarding Ted Richards

http://m.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2016-0 ... red-future
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:32 pm

Tippett undergoes surgery
Sydney Swans Media
17 June 2016 1:24 PM

Swans ruckman Kurt Tippett has undergone a procedure after further investigation of the injury he suffered in Round 12.

Tippett injured his semitendinosus tendon during the match against the Giants and the initial recommendation was six weeks on the sidelines with carefully managed rehabilitation.

However, General Manager of Football Tom Harley says after further research and consultation, Tippett met with a surgeon in Melbourne.

“We wanted to ensure the best possible outcome for Kurt, so our medical team conducted extensive consultation and research on the best way to heal this type of injury,” Harley said.

“The decision to operate was made yesterday and Kurt underwent surgery in Melbourne last night to have a procedure on his tendon.

“The surgery was a success and we’re hopeful Kurt will be ready to return in eight weeks."

Fellow ruckmen Toby Nankervis and Sam Naismith have been named in an extended 25-man squad for Sunday’s match against Melbourne.
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:42 pm

Laidler to miss Melbourne clash
Sydney Swans Media
17 June 2016 1:32 PM

Sydney Swans defender Jeremy Laidler has been withdrawn from the 25-man squad to face Melbourne at the SCG on Sunday.

Laidler will miss the clash with a knee injury.

Midfielder Harry Cunningham comes back into the side with a final 22 to be named at 5pm.
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:50 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Tippett undergoes surgery
Sydney Swans Media
17 June 2016 1:24 PM

Swans ruckman Kurt Tippett has undergone a procedure after further investigation of the injury he suffered in Round 12.

Tippett injured his semitendinosus tendon during the match against the Giants and the initial recommendation was six weeks on the sidelines with carefully managed rehabilitation.

However, General Manager of Football Tom Harley says after further research and consultation, Tippett met with a surgeon in Melbourne.

“We wanted to ensure the best possible outcome for Kurt, so our medical team conducted extensive consultation and research on the best way to heal this type of injury,” Harley said.

“The decision to operate was made yesterday and Kurt underwent surgery in Melbourne last night to have a procedure on his tendon.

“The surgery was a success and we’re hopeful Kurt will be ready to return in eight weeks."

Fellow ruckmen Toby Nankervis and Sam Naismith have been named in an extended 25-man squad for Sunday’s match against Melbourne.

I had Sydney as my flag favorites, after last weeks loss and Tippett's injury I think they might have slipped back to the pack a bit.

Sydney/Geelong/GWS/Bulldogs in front for mine and impossible to split.
Hawthorn/Adelaide next.
North/West Coast the least likely I think.

Once Adelaide are out I reckon this will be a very enjoyable finals series.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7543 times
Been liked: 10874 times

Postby MW » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:03 am

Once Adelaide are out, I don't give a rats about the rest. Probably hope for another Hawks win to be honest
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2656 times
Been liked: 1882 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:20 pm

MW wrote:Once Adelaide are out, I don't give a rats about the rest. Probably hope for another Hawks win to be honest

**** that shit.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1710 times
Been liked: 1826 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:10 am

Long-term list for Tippett
Sydney Swans Media null
23 June 2016 1:17 PM

Sydney Swans ruckman Kurt Tippett has been placed on the long-term injury list.

Tippett underwent successful surgery last week to repair the hamstring tendon he injured in the Club’s Derby against GWS.

Sydney Swans General Manager of Football Tom Harley said Tippett is expected to return to the field in Round 22.

“After consultation with our medical and conditioning team, it has been decided that Kurt Tippett will be placed on the Club’s long-term injury list,” Harley said.

“Kurt will continue his rehabilitation with the plan to be available for the Club’s Round 22 fixture.

“At this stage, Kurt’s spot on the primary list will not be replaced by a promoted rookie.”
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:15 am

At the end of 2014 we had 40,126 members and currently this season we have a record 56,117 members. And I reckon when we won the flag we had mid 30k members. Great work for a club in a non football state.
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:25 am

woodublieve12 wrote:At the end of 2014 we had 40,126 members and currently this season we have a record 56,117 members. And I reckon when we won the flag we had mid 30k members. Not bad for a club considering 7.5 million people live in the state.

There. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:33 am

Booney wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:At the end of 2014 we had 40,126 members and currently this season we have a record 56,117 members. And I reckon when we won the flag we had mid 30k members. Not bad for a club considering 7.5 million people live in the state.

There. ;)

And majority follow rugby and soccer or don't even know what footy is!!! Piss off boon

;)
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby MatteeG » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:33 am

Rik E Boy wrote:
MW wrote:Once Adelaide are out, I don't give a rats about the rest. Probably hope for another Hawks win to be honest

**** that shit.

regards,

REB

:lol: :lol:
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:36 am

MatteeG wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:

**** that shit.

regards,

REB

Gee I'd love it if we could book end the Hawks Trilogy.
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:55 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
Booney wrote:

There. ;)

And majority follow rugby and soccer or don't even know what footy is!!! Piss off boon
;)

So over 5 million people follow rugby and soccer? Gee whiz, not many go to the games if that's the case.

Even so.....it's still 2.5 million to win over, can't be doing that good a job.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Spargo » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:31 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
MatteeG wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:

**** that shit.

regards,

REB

Gee I'd love it if we could book end the Hawks Trilogy.

Ease up wubbsy, we're bearly into round 15...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5597 times
Been liked: 5199 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:57 pm

Don't worry spargo, I am certainly not getting ahead of myself. Just wishful thinking.
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:03 pm

Booney wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
Booney wrote:

There. ;)

;)

So over 5 million people follow rugby and soccer? Gee whiz, not many go to the games if that's the case.

Even so.....it's still 2.5 million to win over, can't be doing that good a job.

You do realise that Sydney is probably the hardest market and a fair chunk of those members would be from Melbourne... I believe the swans have outdone rugby and soccer easily.

I do recall port making a massive deal when they reached 50k but I guess that's ok though?

Should we bring up how a team who plays in a state where footy is number 1 by a mile had to bring out tarps? ;)
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:24 pm

What has this got to do with Port? FFS.....it can be a serious downfall on this site, people struggle to identify a subject matter and discuss it as a stand along topic without introducing the mentality ( or lack of ) "What about your side!"....makes me ******* laugh, I tell you. :lol:

Makes it worse, you've got 7.5 million people, which you note the "majority" of don't follow footy, so that leaves 2.5m ( or thereabouts ) and most of your members are from Melbourne? :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:34 pm

Booney wrote:What has this got to do with Port? FFS.....it can be a serious downfall on this site, people struggle to identify a subject matter and discuss it as a stand along topic without introducing the mentality ( or lack of ) "What about your side!"....makes me ******* laugh, I tell you. :lol:

Makes it worse, you've got 7.5 million people, which you note the "majority" of don't follow footy, so that leaves 2.5m ( or thereabouts ) and most of your members are from Melbourne? :lol:

You bag my side, I bag your side. Isn't that how it works? Isnt that how banter works?

Swans are probably one of, if not the best ran club in the AFL... your population argument is ridiculous. The fact they are continually running at profit in their market is exceptional (insert cola joke here if you want Boon).

Shouldn't half the people in south Australia follow port going by your theory?
woodublieve12
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL