If I had what he has waiting at home for him,I'd never leave! :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10815 times

Postby Blue Boy » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:19 am

Booney wrote:If I had what he has waiting at home for him,I'd never leave! :lol:

dont think he is with her any more - some one else is pretty lucky I reckon
Blue Boy
Veteran

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby RustyCage » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:23 pm

Only made him captain because they want him to stay in WA.
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby MW » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:17 am

Bad move...can't see it helping his game. I know Ben Cousins won a brownlow as a captain but I think it will affect Judd in a negative way as a player.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2633 times
Been liked: 1862 times

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:22 am

MW wrote:Bad move...can't see it helping his game. I know Ben Cousins won a brownlow as a captain but I think it will affect Judd in a negative way as a player.

How and why?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby blink » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:40 pm

I think the only reason that Judd took the captaincy is because he was basically forced into it. He has a regular column on the WCE website that I have sometimes read, and in one of his articles he has said that he does not want to be viewed in the public as a role model, only as a good footballer.

You would think that a captain would want to be seen as a role model, not only in the eyes of the public, but also in those of his team mates. He has also been quoted before saying that he never really has aspirations of becoming captain.

Will be very interesting to see if it does affect his performance. I don't think it will, he is a class act.
blink
League - Best 21

Been liked: 0 time

Postby MW » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:13 pm

Booney wrote:
MW wrote:Bad move...can't see it helping his game. I know Ben Cousins won a brownlow as a captain but I think it will affect Judd in a negative way as a player.

How and why?

Can't put my finger on it Booney but I just get the feeling it might affect him negatively. He seems a little too media shy for it. I don't know...just a hunch I suppose.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2633 times
Been liked: 1862 times

Postby Adelaide Hawk » Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:45 pm

Judd has already peaked as a footballer. Once he loses that turn of pace he will be just another player. I think the time is perfect for him to develop a leadership role.
Adelaide Hawk
Coach

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Blue Boy » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:00 am

Adelaide Hawk wrote:Judd has already peaked as a footballer. Once he loses that turn of pace he will be just another player. I think the time is perfect for him to develop a leadership role.

Big Call Hawk - did you see the Grand Final last year - the last real AFL game played. He nearly won the game for the weagles and he deserved the Norm Smith Medal to go along with the brownlow he won the year before. For mine he is the best player in the competition .
Blue Boy
Veteran

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:17 am

Blue Boy wrote:
Adelaide Hawk wrote:Judd has already peaked as a footballer. Once he loses that turn of pace he will be just another player. I think the time is perfect for him to develop a leadership role.

Big Call Hawk - did you see the Grand Final last year - the last real AFL game played. He nearly won the game for the weagles and he deserved the Norm Smith Medal to go along with the brownlow he won the year before. For mine he is the best player in the competition .

Best player in the competition?? Did you see the Grand Final last year? The missed goal, the missed targets?? The only reason the Norm Smith medal wasn't awarded to the real best player on the ground, Leo Barry was because there was a WA judge on the panel. Judd's disposal is crap plain and simple and the maggots love him and give him twice as much time to get rid of the pill as anyone else in the league and when you are as quick as he is that is a huge advantage.

I reckon Hawk is right on the money here and that Judd badly needs to learn how to hit a target before he loses that legspeed or Garry Lyon's fat will go down. The best player in the comp is Warren Tredrea..although it gives me no joy at all to say this.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1699 times
Been liked: 1819 times

Postby Blue Boy » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:14 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
Blue Boy wrote:

Best player in the competition?? Did you see the Grand Final last year? The missed goal, the missed targets?? The only reason the Norm Smith medal wasn't awarded to the real best player on the ground, Leo Barry was because there was a WA judge on the panel. Judd's disposal is crap plain and simple and the maggots love him and give him twice as much time to get rid of the pill as anyone else in the league and when you are as quick as he is that is a huge advantage.

I reckon Hawk is right on the money here and that Judd badly needs to learn how to hit a target before he loses that legspeed or Garry Lyon's fat will go down. The best player in the comp is Warren Tredrea..although it gives me no joy at all to say this.

regards,

REB

No doubt that Tredrea is PA's best player and is the best CHF in the competition which also gives me no joy in saying but for me not my number 1 player in the competition.

WA judge on the panel the reason for Judd winning the Norm Smith - What The
G.Bond 3AW A.Buchanan 3 C.Judd 2 L.Roberts-Thomson 1
D.Reed West Australian C.Judd 3 B.Kirk 2 L.Barry 1
M.Robinson Herald Sun C.Judd 3 B.Kirk 2 D.Wirrpanda 1
M.Rucci Adevertiser N.Fosdike 3 B.Cousins 2 C.Judd 1
S.Quatermain Channel 10 N.Fosdike 3 C.Judd 2 A.Buchanan 1

Total Judd 11 Fosdike 6 Kirk 4 Buchanan 4 Cousins 2 Roberts-Thomson 1 Barry 1 Wirrpanda 1

With out WA judge C.Judd Still gets 8 votes and only fosdike could of won it and L.Barry wouldnt of got a vote

Sydney Best players as per in order from The AFL record 2006 as follows Roberts-Thomson - Crouch - Kirk - Fosdike - Barry - J.Bolton - Buchanan.

Missed goal - so did some of his team mates. Missed targets - A bit tough considering there was a fair bit of that all day from both teams

Judd had 29 touches - tried his guts out and looked dangerous at all times - only spent 4 minutes on the bench.

Judd wins the hard ball better than any one in his team ( had 113 hard ball gets for the year 2005 and the next closest was Kerr 79 in his team and it was double of Cousins ) had 30 less receives than Cousins as well. Second in tackles to Chick by 5. Second in his Clubs Best and Fairest as well.

His Skills C#%@ - I think he is a finisher unless you have the proof to back that up. Once again he breaks games open, carrys the ball, gets the ball and will continue to do so.

Would you not have Judd in a Geelong jumper Reb.

I would surley have him in a crows jumper.
Blue Boy
Veteran

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:33 pm

My point is that Judd is overrated. Yeah, he's a good player but not worth half the fats that he creates in the media, who not surprisingly gave him the Norm Smith. Watch that grand final again instead of looking at the bloody stats sheet. Barry was supreme and Judd's disposals were often ineffective. Yeah, he tried his guts out..name one player on the field who didn't that day? FWIW, I thought that Kerr looked more dangerous, despite being injured on the day.

Of course you would have Judd in your team, my point is that a lot of people overlook his often shoddy disposal just because he can run fast. Against my mob it is Ben Cousins who has hurt us more and would be my pick as the Eagle I'd like to see in a Cats jumper.

Cheers,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1699 times
Been liked: 1819 times

Postby Blue Boy » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:57 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:My point is that Judd is overrated. Yeah, he's a good player but not worth half the fats that he creates in the media, who not surprisingly gave him the Norm Smith. Watch that grand final again instead of looking at the bloody stats sheet. Barry was supreme and Judd's disposals were often ineffective. Yeah, he tried his guts out..name one player on the field who didn't that day? FWIW, I thought that Kerr looked more dangerous, despite being injured on the day.

Of course you would have Judd in your team, my point is that a lot of people overlook his often shoddy disposal just because he can run fast. Against my mob it is Ben Cousins who has hurt us more and would be my pick as the Eagle I'd like to see in a Cats jumper.

Cheers,

REB

I thought you said that he won the norm smith because "there was a WA judge on the panel" now its everyone in the media ???

Agree that everyone tries there guts out and even more so on GF day.

Kerr did play well and my hat is off to him for the courage he showed to come back on and he did give them a lift.

Have watched it and will go and watch it right now again - will be back soon
Blue Boy
Veteran

Postby JK » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:25 pm

Might be right Hawk, but it will be quite some time before he loses that speed ... Sorry Rikkesteamboat, but I'm inclined to agree with BB's valuation of Judd as being the best in the comp, if not he's certainly top 5 imho ... As for the Norm Smith medal, I personally believed it needed to come from Fosdike, Robert-Thompson or Buchanan
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:30 pm

Impossible to single out one player as the best in the comp,make it your top 5 and the educated ones will shine through.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Blue Boy » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:25 pm

Blue Boy wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:My point is that Judd is overrated. Yeah, he's a good player but not worth half the fats that he creates in the media, who not surprisingly gave him the Norm Smith. Watch that grand final again instead of looking at the bloody stats sheet. Barry was supreme and Judd's disposals were often ineffective. Yeah, he tried his guts out..name one player on the field who didn't that day? FWIW, I thought that Kerr looked more dangerous, despite being injured on the day.

Cheers,

REB

I thought you said that he won the norm smith because "there was a WA judge on the panel" now its everyone in the media ???

Agree that everyone tries there guts out and even more so on GF day.

Kerr did play well and my hat is off to him for the courage he showed to come back on and he did give them a lift.

Have watched it and will go and watch it right now again - will be back soon

Just watched it - havent changed my mind sorry.

Judd - Fosdike - Roberts-Thompson for me.

Judd had a couple of clangers - but wasnt the only one ( some clangers from good players and some easier missed shots form other players ). He was fantastic in close though.

I enjoyed watchin it again
Blue Boy
Veteran

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:20 am

Fair enough Blue Boy. Cheers.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach