It's over for Wangas

Talk on the national game

Postby JK » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:24 pm

One of the greatest players I've seen in my 25 odd years of watching footy ... Wouldn't mind getting down to AAMI for his farewell, all the best to him in whatever he chooses from here ...
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4464 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:58 pm

MW wrote:
Booney wrote:
MW wrote:Riiiigggghtio then..... :shock:

Your attempt at humour or discussion?

:?

Using emoticons as a response is a fair indication you have nothing intelligent to say,nothing to back up your point of view...
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7513 times
Been liked: 10808 times

Postby MW » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:19 pm

I thought I did back it up.

Cheer up Booney, the world is not going to end with my opinion of Wangas champ. Take a couple of deep breaths and relax.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2632 times
Been liked: 1862 times

Postby Booney » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:24 pm

Backed it up really well,with some one else's comments.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7513 times
Been liked: 10808 times

Postby MW » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:26 pm

Booney wrote:Backed it up really well,with some one else's comments.

o·pin·ion ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-pnyn)
n.
A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof: “The world is not run by thought, nor by imagination, but by opinion”
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2632 times
Been liked: 1862 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:29 pm

Constance_Perm wrote:One of the greatest players I've seen in my 25 odd years of watching footy ... Wouldn't mind getting down to AAMI for his farewell, all the best to him in whatever he chooses from here ...

Connie. Let me get this straight. You wan to go to Girlee Stadium..an atmosphere free venue far away from beer to say 'farewell' to Gavin Wanganeen?

HE

PLAYS

FOR

PORT

I worry about you sometimes :wink:

try this way

GAV: SEE YA!

Works for me!

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1819 times

Postby JK » Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:18 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
Constance_Perm wrote:One of the greatest players I've seen in my 25 odd years of watching footy ... Wouldn't mind getting down to AAMI for his farewell, all the best to him in whatever he chooses from here ...

Connie. Let me get this straight. You wan to go to Girlee Stadium..an atmosphere free venue far away from beer to say 'farewell' to Gavin Wanganeen?

The Audi's not a bad bar for an ale mate, and with a ready made excuse/explaination for the other half like "I have to go to Wanganeen's farewell match", I simply trot out to the terrace, clap for a good 2 minutes, then spend the next 3 hours on the gas ... Sounds pretty logical to me bud! :wink:
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4464 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby spell_check » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:05 pm

Pseudo wrote:
Magpiespower wrote:Would have had to play in a wheelchair.

Would be great for Port's opponent too! :D

Surely they could do a "Scruff Hanna" with him: let him sit on the bench for three quarters, then prop him up in a forward pocket when the result is beyond doubt and give him a soft free in front of goal.

That would be the right idea, but Port would need to have done this where their position wasn't in doubt eg. they knew they were minor premiers in the last round or two, or they had the double chance but couldn't get top spot etc. (From a Port coaching staff point of view)
spell_check
Coach

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 178 times

Postby Rushby Hinds » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:31 pm

I wonder if anyone else can claim to be @ Scruff Hanna's last game AND at Wanganeen's last game? :)
Rushby Hinds
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:22 pm

Constance_Perm wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:

The Audi's not a bad bar for an ale mate, and with a ready made excuse/explaination for the other half like "I have to go to Wanganeen's farewell match", I simply trot out to the terrace, clap for a good 2 minutes, then spend the next 3 hours on the gas ... Sounds pretty logical to me bud! :wink:

I stand corrected. =D>

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1819 times

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL