SMA - Adelaide Oval Update

Talk on the national game

SMA - Adelaide Oval Update

Postby Booney » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:38 pm

Dear Member,

As you would be aware, the Stadium Management Authority (SMA) – which is in charge of the Adelaide Oval redevelopment project – has today released its latest design concepts.

The SMA design team consists of leading architects, engineers and urban planners. Their collective expertise includes projects such as Etihad Stadium, the MCG redevelopment, The GABBA, Melbourne rectangular stadium, SUNCORP Stadium, Wembley Stadium (UK) and Eden Park (NZ).

The concepts released today, which are still being refined, include:

a 50,000 seat capacity,
roof coverage for 77% of stadium seating (compared to just over 40% at AAMI Stadium), and
an on-site undercover event area with the capacity to hold more than 3,000 members/supporters before and after matches.
To see the design concepts released today, please click here.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/ptv/ta ... fault.aspx

It must be remembered that the redevelopment is still at the proposal stage, however the proposed Oval designs and how they link with a revitalised North Terrace precinct are very exciting. With the addition of the new footbridge across the river, the Oval will effectively be twice as close to the city centre as the MCG is in Melbourne.

The SMA is following a structured process to meet a State Government design deadline of 31 August 2010. As part of that process, the SMA has committed to keep the clubs, and through us our members, updated. We look forward to doing that as this exciting development unfolds.

Yours sincerely

Mark Haysman
Chief Executive Officer
Port Adelaide Football Club
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Re: SMA - Adelaide Oval Update

Postby 85 WAS A GOOD YEAR » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:15 pm

That link wasn't working when I just tried it, but this link was posted on Adelaide FC FB Group page today:

:arrow: http://www.sanfl.com.au/sma/

Not sure if its the same one seeing as I couldn't see Booney's
85 WAS A GOOD YEAR
League - Best 21

Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Barto » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:05 pm

I'll still believe it when I see it. Adelaide has one thing in common with Perth: artist impressions and it's frustrating.
It's all the SANFL's fault.
Barto
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Tassie Blues » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:12 pm

As if they can ever get the Torrens that blue!
Tassie Blues
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby stampy » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:16 pm

i am sick of all this crap relating to the redevelopment, just bloody get on with it :twisted:
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 334 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Mad Mat » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:42 pm

I still can't believe they are not going to encompass the whole ground with stands. If they leave the northern end like the picture suggests then we will be a laughing stock (if we aren't already). Swallow your pride Rann/Foley, admit the whole concept was a knee jerk reaction to the proposed roofed city stadium. Spend an extra $200 million and give us something WE want, not what you tell us.
Mad Mat
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Ian » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:48 pm

Tassie Blues wrote:As if they can ever get the Torrens that blue!

North Adelaide F C : Champions of Aust 1972 : Premiers 1900, 02, 05, 20, 30, 31, 49, 52, 60, 71, 72, 87, 91
Ian

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby smac » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:00 pm

Mad Mat wrote:I still can't believe they are not going to encompass the whole ground with stands. If they leave the northern end like the picture suggests then we will be a laughing stock (if we aren't already). Swallow your pride Rann/Foley, admit the whole concept was a knee jerk reaction to the proposed roofed city stadium. Spend an extra $200 million and give us something WE want, not what you tell us.

Not everyone thinks retaining the mound at the Northern end is a bad thing. The 5,000 people who sit on it at the cricket (and those who sit their at any footy matches at the ground) for starters. Rann/Foley aren't designing the stands, just paying for it. The SMA are designing in line with the wishes of the future possible tenants. I'm looking forward to an agreement and some action in the near future.
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Tassie Blues » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:21 am

Ian wrote:
Tassie Blues wrote:As if they can ever get the Torrens that blue!

need a sh** load more than 60 mls to make the torrens blue :) to much bull sh** going in to it from the big building up the road
Tassie Blues
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Squawk » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:28 am

Mad Mat wrote:I still can't believe they are not going to encompass the whole ground with stands. If they leave the northern end like the picture suggests then we will be a laughing stock (if we aren't already). Swallow your pride Rann/Foley, admit the whole concept was a knee jerk reaction to the proposed roofed city stadium. Spend an extra $200 million and give us something WE want, not what you tell us.

If the World Cup comes to Australia in 2022 then the Mound will go - FIFA require all-seated stadiums.
Steve Bradbury and Michael Milton. Aussie Legends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRnztSjUB2U
Squawk
Assistant Coach

Been liked: 3 times

Postby Squawk » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:29 am

Friday 18 June 2010

SACA MEMBERS' WEEKLY UPDATE

Latest design concepts, video and fact sheets now posted on the SACA website.
The Stadium Management Authority (SMA) has today released to the media the latest design concepts for a redeveloped Adelaide Oval.

I am pleased to be able to share these proposed concepts and design details with you via the SACA website at: http://www.cricketsa.com.au/content.aspx?p=457

The concepts, which are still being refined, show the project has so far achieved or exceeded the design brief with elements such as a 50,000 seat capacity, roof coverage for 77 per cent of stadium seating.

There will be a football fan facility similar to the "Crows Shed" and the "Hanger" at AAMI Stadium. It will be of equal size and will have equivalent facilities to the new Crows Westpac Centre with the capacity to hold more than 3,000 patrons. This facility will be located within the stadium and will also accommodate a new state-of-the-art indoor training facility and gym for cricket.

The SMA design team consists of leading architects, engineers and urban planners. Their collective expertise includes projects such as Etihad Stadium, the MCG redevelopment, the GABBA, Melbourne rectangular stadium, SUNCORP Stadium, Wembley Stadium (UK) and Eden Park (NZ). I am confident that you will be impressed by the design work that has been done thus far.

All SACA Members should now have received a copy of the information pack inviting them to attend an information session about the proposed joint venture between SACA and the SANFL.

The meeting will be held in the Pavilion at Adelaide Oval on Wednesday 7 July 2010 at 6pm.

Many of the design team will be on hand to provide a step-by-step overview of the design concept and principles.

As you know, the 50,000 seat redevelopment of Adelaide Oval is still at the proposal stage and the SMA is following a structured process to meet the State Government deadline of 31 August 2010.

This meeting forms part of this process and I again re-emphasise to members that the meeting is an information night only and that no agreement will be made regarding the proposed joint venture with the SANFL prior to consultation with SACA Members.

Ian McLachlan SACA President
Steve Bradbury and Michael Milton. Aussie Legends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRnztSjUB2U
Squawk
Assistant Coach

Been liked: 3 times

Postby Dutchy » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:31 am

So the new Shed will be the indoor cricket centre, what puzzles me is when do cricketers need the indoor cricket centre? Footy season! what a pain in the arse...
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 3505 times

Postby Wedgie » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:19 am

Don't blame me, I voted Liberal.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Barto » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:50 am

smac wrote:

Not everyone thinks retaining the mound at the Northern end is a bad thing. The 5,000 people who sit on it at the cricket (and those who sit their at any footy matches at the ground) for starters. Rann/Foley aren't designing the stands, just paying for it. The SMA are designing in line with the wishes of the future possible tenants. I'm looking forward to an agreement and some action in the near future.

Building those new stands pretty much kills the uniqueness that is AO anyway. Aren't the National Trust thinking of de-listing it?
It's all the SANFL's fault.
Barto
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Dog_ger » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:03 am

We are being led to believe the answer to all our football troubles depends on Crows & Power re-locating to Adelaide Oval.

Once in a lifetime opportunity..?

It is a once in a lifetime opportunity that the SA Government will waste our taxes on an upgrade to Adelaide Oval for sure.

But I do not think this will make the Crows or the Power leading contenders in the AFL?

I think this will save cricket in SA whom have been bottom of the shield table for so long I can hardly remember any different. :roll:

There is so much money in the AFL brought about by TV rights that no club will die, no matter where they end up playing. $5M given to Port.

What could be done to Football Park with the same amount of funds. Remembering Adelaide oval was about to fall down anyway via termites... :roll:
Smile :)

It's only Money $$$ :)

What is happening to our SANFL guys...
Dog_ger
Coach

Been liked: 19 times

Postby smac » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:37 am

Barto wrote:
smac wrote:

Building those new stands pretty much kills the uniqueness that is AO anyway. Aren't the National Trust thinking of de-listing it?

The National Trust are a bunch of hypocrites. Didn't they sign off on the current redevelopment before it went ahead? They should be made to pay the SACA $15m, the cost of retaining the arches/brick wall at the back of the stand.
smac
Coach

Postby Psyber » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:20 am

smac wrote: The National Trust are a bunch of hypocrites. Didn't they sign off on the current redevelopment before it went ahead? They should be made to pay the SACA $15m, the cost of retaining the arches/brick wall at the back of the stand.
I think the Rann government was pressuring everybody to pay lip service to it being a done deal, and maybe promises of cash were involved?
I'd favour keeping it all at West Lakes and putting a fraction of the money into further transport upgrades rather than moving the congestion into the CBD and North Adelaide.
The Liberal option was at least off to one side of the city, and likely to be less disruptive.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby smac » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:10 pm

Government had nothing to do with the current redevelopment, SACA have self funded the project (as they have with every project to date at Adelaide Oval).
smac
Coach

Postby Dog_ger » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:03 pm

:oops: :oops:

I mis-understood smac :oops:

Like many South Australians. :D
Smile :)

It's only Money $$$ :)

What is happening to our SANFL guys...
Dog_ger
Coach

Been liked: 19 times

Postby stan » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:41 pm

Dog_ger wrote::oops: :oops:

I mis-understood smac :oops:

Like many South Australians. :D

Mate its hard to follow at times whats happening.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1254 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Next

Board index   Football  AFL