Power Captaincy decided

Talk on the national game

Postby stan » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:04 pm

dinglinga wrote:good to see Norwood supporters still resent Port Adelaide. Must hurt that Norwood will NEVER make the AFL.
Must hurt to see them lose 2 out of 3 weeks. Must hurt your administraton is a shambles.

Suppose when given the oppurtunity of gaining entry into the VFL back in 84-85 never went through. ( thats right you also tried going through the back door)

As a current port player said to Brett James "you obvouisly wouldnt know what success is and the tradition this club has""

yes our supporters are different

maybe we might find that Norwood will merge sooon ... and will be call "Payneham-Norwood "

Payneham-Norwood Union?

Maybe when Port go broke they can merge with ethelton, Riverside, Alberton United (Cant remember the teams here but you know where im going)......Hang on a second already have.
Well then Port can merge with Port District or Portland.........
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby stan » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:06 pm

dinglinga wrote:no u dont see many port supporters here today .... maybe they have a life on weekends
they dont sit in front of their computer screens.. maybe were down at the new marina in port adelaide were even u bay ppl
want to live now.

Built already. Thats was quick.

P.S Guys enjoy attacking each other and eating the others bones but dont get carried away. We dont really want have to moderate anything. Also REB. Like I said before. "It appears as if you have your form back".

Cheers
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:21 am

I barrack for the Cats and such are not that worried that Norwood did not make the AFL but no doubt plenty of my fellow Legs' fans would disagree with me. Norwood in the AFL as the 'Bluelegs' would be about as true red and blue as the current 'Port' Power team is black and white. Have a look at the Poower dingaling, that side is becoming more and more like the Cows every season.

Also, good to see that you have a life and you don't need to post in this forum. Welcome btw and as I always say to the amusing posts I read..thanks for the belly laugh old chap.

regards,

REB

PS - Stan. WTF??
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby JK » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:59 am

Agreed MP, he's great to watch even if u don't follow the Power so here's hoping ur right ... Actually with a little extra luck than last year on the injury front, I reakon the wharfies might well surprise a few people this season ...
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby The_Bay_Boy » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:45 pm

dinglinga wrote:... bay boy would u talk to ur mates about 90,92,94 suppose u couldnt talk about post 2000 maybe wooden spoons would be ur speciality. maybe what would hurt is to relise even chris mcdermott has port blood in him

yeah your right.. Us bay fans haven't had a lot of joy lately. But every team has it's day and ours will come again.

and when our day comes it will mean so much more to the supporters who have done the hard yards through many struggling seasons.

"...Done the hard yards..." (There's another cliche to add to the phrases and cliches thread)
The_Bay_Boy
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby The_Bay_Boy » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:47 pm

Gilly wrote:
The_Bay_Boy wrote:.....But then i remembered, they don't own computers out at the port, and even if they do, they don't know how to turn them on :D

Bay Boy, they do own computers, it's just that they are sitting in Cash Converters until their dole cheques come through and those that don't own them "acquire" them.........

mmm......mmm.....mmmm..... acquire them they do gilly, acquire them the do! :)
The_Bay_Boy
Rookie

Postby Magpiespower » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:07 am

Constance_Perm wrote:Agreed MP, he's great to watch even if u don't follow the Power so here's hoping ur right ... Actually with a little extra luck than last year on the injury front, I reakon the wharfies might well surprise a few people this season ...

The prophets of doom have us tumbling down the ladder this year but I think they might be surprised.

Confident we'll have a much better year in 2006.

Though the lack of grunt in the midfield is still a worry.

Be interesting to see how Motlop fares.
Magpiespower
Coach

Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:18 am

The Power will make the eight but will be making up the numbers. Where is the improvement going to come from for Port this year Mappa? As for Motlop, he would want to do well to cover for a Norm Smith medalist who made opposition players look sideways at times.

Port had two worries in 2005. A lot less agression and hunger. I reckon the hunger will return in 2006 but losing Choppy so soon after the loss of Hardwick and Carr means that Port will be fairly light on for mongrel..never thought I'd be writing THAT.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:24 am

dinglinga wrote:good to see Norwood supporters still resent Port Adelaide. Must hurt that Norwood will NEVER make the AFL.
Must hurt to see them lose 2 out of 3 weeks. Must hurt your administraton is a shambles.

Suppose when given the oppurtunity of gaining entry into the VFL back in 84-85 never went through. ( thats right you also tried going through the back door)

As a current port player said to Brett James "you obvouisly wouldnt know what success is and the tradition this club has""

yes our supporters are different

maybe we might find that Norwood will merge sooon ... and will be call "Payneham-Norwood "

Port PEWR has tradition??? Dont get me started on that debate

Perhaps the PEWR/ PNU would have some merit. The PNU committe might learn how to run a football club properly. U wanna see an administration shambles... (did I say that out loud??)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby The_Bay_Boy » Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:52 pm

dinglinga wrote:

Was this port player refering to Port Power or Port Magpies????

because Port Power have NO tradition...They are only 8 years old aren't they? and success... 1 Flag.

he better not be refering to port power like they are 100 odd years old and have won 30 odd premierships because thats bull 5hit!!!!!
The_Bay_Boy
Rookie

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:22 pm

Here here Bay Boy...

I am a Port MAGPIES fan, and cant stand the PEWR... and theres nothing worse than bandwaggoners trying to claim the 36 odd premierships as their own.
:evil: :evil: :evil:

It would be like Hawthorn trying to claim any flags they won in their respective league before they entered the VFL

The late messrs Williams and McLean would be turning in their graves.
We should start this as a new thread and see what sort of response we get...has it been done??
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Magpiespower » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:43 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:The Power will make the eight but will be making up the numbers. Where is the improvement going to come from for Port this year Mappa? As for Motlop, he would want to do well to cover for a Norm Smith medalist who made opposition players look sideways at times.

We're still blessed with a strong nucleus of players that mean we don't have to extensively rebuild just yet.

I'm banking on the expected improvement from our promising youngsters who've shown glimpses over the past few years but now really need to stand up.

Also banking on a return to form of a number of senior players who suffered a letdown last year.

Hopefully the coaching panel won't let misplaced loyalty to senior players cloud their judgement at the selection panel as they did this year.

All in all, I reakon we're good for 13-14 wins, might pinch one or two more.

Port had two worries in 2005. A lot less agression and hunger. I reckon the hunger will return in 2006 but losing Choppy so soon after the loss of Hardwick and Carr means that Port will be fairly light on for mongrel..never thought I'd be writing THAT.

In the three years Choppy was at Alberton, he played good footy for about half-a-season (2003) and one absolutely brilliant game in 2004.

This year was an absolute write-off.

He won't be missed anywhere near as much as people think.
Magpiespower
Coach

Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby The_Bay_Boy » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:24 am

Falcon Chick wrote:
I am a Port MAGPIES fan, and cant stand the PEWR... and theres nothing worse than bandwaggoners trying to claim the 36 odd premierships as their own.
:evil: :evil: :evil: ....

Hats off to you Falcon. Now, i'm not a port fan at all. But it's great to hear from a fan that has some perspective on there team. Port Magpies... sure they have tradition and success, i can accept that.

But not port power. If they can claim there premierships as port power premierships, Well then the Adelaide Crows can clain all the other flags that other SANFL clubs have won.

I wonder what the port power fans would say if crows fans started doing that???
The_Bay_Boy
Rookie

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL