Port's junk mail

Talk on the national game

Port's junk mail

Postby westside » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:58 pm

I see on Big Footy that two people were sent Port Adelaide membership brochures and sign up forms. One member jokingly remarked that they were both West members and old Doug is selling info to the power. It's got me interested though - just how exactly is Port getting people's details?

Have you gotten sent this crap? If so, which club (AFL/SANFL) are you a member of?
westside
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Wedgie » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:03 am

I only got stuff from the Crows and Port when I used to be a SANFL member, haven't had anything since and Ive been a member of North for years.
Surely SANFL clubs wouldn't onsell their members list? Would it be legal?
Having said that, I know a few years ago when a group I was with (Roosters Against Merger) were having a stoush with the board that we got access to the entire members list, ie names and addresses, the club was bound to give them to use if we asked but I remember they would only let us view them at the club. We were getting the details for a mail out and a possible challenge to the board at that stage but as the merger fell through we obviously didn't progress.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3893 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Board index   Football  AFL