Open Mike

Talk on the national game

Re: Open Mike

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 24, 2018 9:44 am

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
I dunno, maybe the most controversial footballer in Australia at the moment, so I will be interested

I think it should be reserved for retired AFL players, this one should be exclusive to A current affair or other poop like that.

It will make interesting viewing, moreso as I'd like to hear Hannah's reasoning on why he/she thinks they should be allowed to play, I think there should be a transgender comp now or a gender neutral thing or whatever some like to class themselves as.

Surely there isn't a call for that, not yet anyway?

As for Mouncey I'm on Chris Judd's side of the debate. Transgender man > woman has a decided physical advantage over women they would compete against, especially in a contact sport.

I hated typing it but it's trending, parents are declaring their kids as "gender neutral" as early as 4 years of age, it's insane.

I applaud Chris Judd for speaking out on it when everyone else wants to dance around it and only speak their true minds at the bar with their mate.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Brodlach » Thu May 24, 2018 9:46 am

We have just started a League for a section of the community that has nearly 50% of the population which is ‘struggling’ and now a transgender competition for about 0.05% of the population. Doubtful
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Booney » Thu May 24, 2018 10:04 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
I dunno, maybe the most controversial footballer in Australia at the moment, so I will be interested

I think it should be reserved for retired AFL players, this one should be exclusive to A current affair or other poop like that.

It will make interesting viewing, moreso as I'd like to hear Hannah's reasoning on why he/she thinks they should be allowed to play, I think there should be a transgender comp now or a gender neutral thing or whatever some like to class themselves as.

Surely there isn't a call for that, not yet anyway?

As for Mouncey I'm on Chris Judd's side of the debate. Transgender man > woman has a decided physical advantage over women they would compete against, especially in a contact sport.

I hated typing it but it's trending, parents are declaring their kids as "gender neutral" as early as 4 years of age, it's insane.

I applaud Chris Judd for speaking out on it when everyone else wants to dance around it and only speak their true minds at the bar with their mate.

My wife is an early educator and some of the mumbo jumob bollocks they see/hear is unbelievable.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10774 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 24, 2018 10:10 am

Brodlach wrote:We have just started a League for a section of the community that has nearly 50% of the population which is ‘struggling’ and now a transgender competition for about 0.05% of the population. Doubtful

No one said it has to be endorsed by or bear the AFL logo.

Where do they play, it's currently mens or womens, there would be uproar in whatever the rules decided.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 24, 2018 10:13 am

Booney wrote:
My wife is an early educator and some of the mumbo jumob bollocks they see/hear is unbelievable.

It sickens me that parents get into the kids minds before they can even develop their own interpretations, how about you focus on manners and etiquette, let the schools focus on literacy, mathematics etc. and let the children be children while they can and are.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Thu May 24, 2018 10:25 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Brodlach wrote:We have just started a League for a section of the community that has nearly 50% of the population which is ‘struggling’ and now a transgender competition for about 0.05% of the population. Doubtful

Where do they play, it's currently mens or womens, there would be uproar in whatever the rules decided.

Understand what you are saying but you he numbers of players would be far too low to begin a competition.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Booney » Thu May 24, 2018 10:37 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

It sickens me that parents get into the kids minds before they can even develop their own interpretations, how about you focus on manners and etiquette, let the schools focus on literacy, mathematics etc. and let the children be children while they can and are.

Yep, kids are sexualised far too early in life now.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 24, 2018 10:43 am

Brodlach wrote:Understand what you are saying but you he numbers of players would be far too low to begin a competition.

It's ok for cricket I guess, they can bat for both teams.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby stan » Thu May 24, 2018 10:45 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

The problem you have is that you are a he or a she. Its biology and essentially answers the question about where someone should play.

I am of the opinion that there are only 2 genders. You can gay if you want, thats fine but there are only 2 genders.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 24, 2018 10:49 am

stan wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

The problem you have is that you are a he or a she. Its biology and essentially answers the question about where someone should play.

I am of the opinion that there are only 2 genders. You can gay if you want, thats fine but there are only 2 genders.

In mine and your world's "yes", not in the eyes of the new generation it seems, it's crazy.

Sexual preference's are personal to the individual and I have no qualms with anyone's choices, this however I can't wrap my head around, maybe I'm just old and stubborn.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Thu May 24, 2018 11:02 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

More importantly I respect Judd's comments even more as he has shown great leadership in being respectful with his commentary around this by meeting her face to face to discuss the issue and not just been played out in the media. Something that is sadly lacking in the current day of social media reporting.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 24, 2018 11:04 am

Dutchy wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

More importantly I respect Judd's comments even more as he has shown great leadership in being respectful with his commentary around this by meeting her face to face to discuss the issue and not just been played out in the media. Something that is sadly lacking in the current day of social media reporting.

I'm yet to see that but yes, it's certainly admirable.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu May 24, 2018 11:07 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

I'm yet to see that but yes, it's certainly admirable.

Judd angered some people with his comments on Footy Classified some weeks ago. Since then an acquaintance of his and Mouncey's arranged a meeting of the two. Judd spoke about it on Classified last Monday night.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu May 24, 2018 11:08 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
stan wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

In mine and your world's "yes", not in the eyes of the new generation it seems, it's crazy.

Sexual preference's are personal to the individual and I have no qualms with anyone's choices, this however I can't wrap my head around, maybe I'm just old and stubborn.

The whole idea of gender fluidity is puzzling for many people, young and old.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 24, 2018 11:14 am

Booney wrote:The whole idea of gender fluidity is puzzling for many people, young and old.

Trying to explain it to my 12 year old son and his response was "Oh yeah, what's for dinner?"
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu May 24, 2018 4:16 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:The whole idea of gender fluidity is puzzling for many people, young and old.

Trying to explain it to my 12 year old son and his response was "Oh yeah, what's for dinner?"

I don't think any of us really understand it that well. Plenty seem to have strong opinions though
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:03 pm

There's no dicking about on Open Mike tonight, as much as I'll put it in the CBF'd category I know I'll feel compelled to watch it.......well mainly because my sportsbet account is empty.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:06 pm

Some of the girls my daughter plays against are scary enough and that’s in div 3. Wouldn’t be keen on her lining up on the one in question.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3485 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:46 pm

I'd have my hard earned on no. 23 for West Croyden in a head on with Hannah Montana.
Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:04 pm

Just an observation:

I've noticed it's seemingly only men, at least on social media and similar channels, who have an issue with her playing. I'm on Twitter and follow many female football fans and reporters and haven't seen many, if any at all, offer an opinion on this issue. The few I have seen are cheerleaders for women's footy and would rarely go against a narrative of inclusivity. However, most of the male commentary, often in a terrible fashion, have been quite critical.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL