Open Mike

Talk on the national game

Re: Open Mike

Postby saintal » Wed May 01, 2019 11:10 am

Have watched a few of this years.

If you couldn't previously warm to Brendon Goddard this interview wouldn't have helped greatly. Wasn't bad viewing though, but Mike, as he often does, spent far too long dwelling on one particular issue (in this case the change of clubs and contractual situation with St K).

Have been slowly working through the SEN podcasts of This is Your Sporting Life with Peter Donegan. Big fan of Peter's work.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed May 01, 2019 1:11 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:Open Mike is still going, Brad Ottens was on last night and I found it pretty boring. Ottens doesn't seem like much of a talker and it felt like Mike needed to really extract answers out of him. Rocket Eade was on last week and he was much better to listen too.

Was Will Minson a special guest???
Hahaha no but he did talk about his colourful relationship with Will and Brian Lake.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed May 01, 2019 7:11 pm

Love the Big O and tuned in. Liked the anecdote about kicking four on Scarlo in a quarter, I reckon he would have got some mileage with that at Catland. But maybe if someone brings up bollocks and broomsticks that might end the convo!

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed May 01, 2019 7:15 pm

FlyingHigh wrote:
Dutchy wrote:And lives in a hotel these days....

I found it quite interesting, he is quite humble these days, has turned himself into a very successful businessman by making some tough calls, a bit like Kane Im not a huge fans of his but I do like listening to his opinion even if I don't agree with it.

Find it hard to warm to the opinions of people like Hutchy, Tony Jones and Sam McClure. Just some sort of smarminess about them.
Hasn't been as bad this year as previous years on Footy Classsified, but when there was Lyon, Carro and Lloyd it was like Hutchy was the smaller kid trying his best to impress the bigger kids to fit in, but those with the real cred knew he was lower in the food chain.

Being lower on the food chain that Gary ******* Lyon. **** doesn't get much lower than that.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed May 01, 2019 8:30 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:But maybe if someone brings up bollocks and broomsticks that might end the convo!

regards,

REB

That was a bizarre story that freaked me out a bit!
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL