Open Mike

Talk on the national game

Re: Open Mike

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:22 am

Booney wrote:Interesting how many comments made about "We shouldn't judge". We're human, it's built into us to judge, you're kidding yourself if you think you don't judge other people.

We are all judgemental, some express their judgements, some don't.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:31 am

bennymacca wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:Just an observation:

I've noticed it's seemingly only men, at least on social media and similar channels, who have an issue with her playing. I'm on Twitter and follow many female football fans and reporters and haven't seen many, if any at all, offer an opinion on this issue. The few I have seen are cheerleaders for women's footy and would rarely go against a narrative of inclusivity. However, most of the male commentary, often in a terrible fashion, have been quite critical.

It’s a decent point. The people that have to be ok with her playing are teammates and opponents

Women say they are ok with it in an open forum but if push came to shove and they had to vote on it would they have the same opinion then?
I suspect not.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:32 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:Interesting how many comments made about "We shouldn't judge". We're human, it's built into us to judge, you're kidding yourself if you think you don't judge other people.

We are all judgemental on here.

EFA ;)
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Q. » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:42 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Dutchy wrote:I watched it and still had many questions running through my head after it, one thing I got out of it though was that she isn't doing this to "buck the system" or to be deliberately controversial, she seems pretty level headed and firm with her beliefs, just cause they don't marry up with many of ours doesn't mean we should automatically judge.

I'm basing my opinion with a bit of bias as my 15 year old daughter goes alright at footy and could possibly playing in the AFLW in a few years. Hannah is a solid well built human who would knock my girl into next week, if the floodgates open for Hannah who knows what lies around the corner?
So, you want height and weight restrictions for women's football?
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Booney » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:43 am

Q. wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Dutchy wrote:I watched it and still had many questions running through my head after it, one thing I got out of it though was that she isn't doing this to "buck the system" or to be deliberately controversial, she seems pretty level headed and firm with her beliefs, just cause they don't marry up with many of ours doesn't mean we should automatically judge.

I'm basing my opinion with a bit of bias as my 15 year old daughter goes alright at footy and could possibly playing in the AFLW in a few years. Hannah is a solid well built human who would knock my girl into next week, if the floodgates open for Hannah who knows what lies around the corner?

Careful LM, that question is loaded and ready to fire.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:04 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

I highly doubt there is a flood of transgender women wanting to play footy (and it wouldn't surprise me if there already was other transgender women playing that don't have the profile because they aren't built like a brick shithouse)
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:12 am

Q. wrote:So, you want height and weight restrictions for women's football?

Na, just narrowing it down to playing against women who were born female will suffice.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:13 am

Booney wrote:

All good mate, I'm married and know this drill well.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:13 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Q. wrote:So, you want height and weight restrictions for women's football?

Na, just narrowing it down to playing against women who were born female will suffice.

Can of worms anyone? :lol:
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:14 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

Yep shut your mouth, take a step back and walk away quietly......................... :lol:
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:20 am

amber_fluid wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

Yep shut your mouth, take a step back and walk away quietly......................... :lol:

Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:25 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

so if you had a son that was skinny short wingman and he was KO'd by a ruckman whats the differece? would you prevent your son form playing? That same risk is in the male game and is a poor example imo
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:31 am

mighty hounds wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

so if you had a son that was skinny short wingman and he was KO'd by a ruckman whats the differece? would you prevent your son form playing? That same risk is in the male game and is a poor example imo

The debate is a transgender playing in a women's comp.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:32 am

mighty hounds wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Does the ruckman have a dick or a pussy?
Just asking...........................
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby stan » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:09 pm

Havent you guys worked it out.

Dick vs Dick = ok
Pussy vs Pussy = ok
Dick vs Pussy = Not ok or currently up for debate.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby MW » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:10 pm

stan wrote:Havent you guys worked it out.

Dick vs Dick = ok
Pussy vs Pussy = ok
Dick vs Pussy = Not ok or currently up for debate.

My how society has changed... NTTIAWWT
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:59 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

I highly doubt there is a flood of transgender women wanting to play footy (and it wouldn't surprise me if there already was other transgender women playing that don't have the profile because they aren't built like a brick shithouse)

Exactly, this is quite isolated and don't think any floodgates will open with TS's everywhere playing AFLW
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:06 pm

Dutchy wrote:Exactly, this is quite isolated and don't think any floodgates will open with TS's everywhere playing AFLW

Everywhere? Where is the line in the sand drawn? What will constitute allowable vs disallowed?

It's cut and dry as it is and should be left that way.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby tigerpie » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:46 pm

Q. wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

The fact is she has an unfair advantage of having 18 or so years of testosterone developing a males physique.
The other girls dont.
Its similar to an athlete taking steroids competing against one that doesn't in my opinion.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Q. » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:49 pm

tigerpie wrote:
Q. wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

The fact is she has an unfair advantage of having 18 or so years of testosterone developing a males physique.
The other girls dont.
Its similar to an athlete taking steroids competing against one that doesn't in my opinion.
I've discussed this previously and so did she on the show. What do you think happens to a body when you switch testosterone levels for oestrogen levels?
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL