Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

Talk on the national game

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

Postby dedja » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:17 pm

Will have goods crowds for a couple of rounds until people get stung by the parking nazis at Adelaide City Council.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 996 times

Postby kickinit » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:26 pm

the joker wrote:
Squids wrote:Fact is crows crowds are on a massive decline
crowds were on decline at aami as people were waiting for Adelaide Oval. Crowds will be up 10 to 15 thousand this year

I'm pretty sure port had better crowds last year compared with 2012.

After looking at the figures port's 2013 crowds where the best since 2007.
Last edited by kickinit on Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby kickinit » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:28 pm

dedja wrote:Will have goods crowds for a couple of rounds until people get stung by the parking nazis at Adelaide City Council.

I think you'll find a lot more people will be going in by train.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Squids » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:47 pm

kickinit wrote:
dedja wrote:Will have goods crowds for a couple of rounds until people get stung by the parking nazis at Adelaide City Council.

Lol the 500m walk will be too far for some people
Squids
Coach

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 205 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby JK » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:24 am

Squids wrote:
kickinit wrote:

Not the skinny ones, those 45 should be able to make the walk.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4461 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Psyber » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:51 am

Squids wrote:
kickinit wrote:

Hmm no trains from where I live.
The nearest a normal bus would get me is Currie Street.
Will there be special buses like there were for West Lakes?
(Could I be bothered going for a showdown if there were?)
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby kickinit » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:55 am

Psyber wrote:
Squids wrote:
kickinit wrote:

Hmm no trains from where I live.
The nearest a normal bus would get me is Currie Street.
Will there be special buses like there were for West Lakes?
(Could I be bothered going for a showdown if there were?)

Haven't heard anything about a bus. Surely there would be a train station between you and the city. I will still have to drive to my train station but saves having to pay the $15 for a carpark, not to mention the headache to get out after the game.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Psyber » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:05 am

kickinit wrote: Haven't heard anything about a bus. Surely there would be a train station between you and the city. I will still have to drive to my train station but saves having to pay the $15 for a carpark, not to mention the headache to get out after the game.

No passenger trains go through the Adelaide Hills - only freight. Passenger trains seem to be confined to west of ther CBD
My nearest passenger train station would be Goodwood, which is almost as far from Stirling as Adelaide Oval.
(The tram stop on King William Rd, Hyde Park, near Greenhill Rd, would be not much better when you consider the extra time for travel.)
Psyber
Coach

Postby Rams52 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:31 am

The trains should still go up to Belair Pysber, reckon that'd be fairly close for you?
Rams52
Under 16s

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 20 times
Grassroots Team: Nairne-Bremer

Postby Psyber » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:33 am

Rams52 wrote:The trains should still go up to Belair Pysber, reckon that'd be fairly close for you?

Its about a 20 minute drive to go via Crafers and across Waverley Ridge and Upper Sturt Roads.
I can hit the Tollgate at the bottom of the freeway in 11 minutes and Goodwood station in 20 minutes and shorten the train ride.

When you add waitjng at the station, the train ride, and the walk to the ova,l it doesn't compare well with being able to probably hit Adelaide Oval inside 30 minutes going the most direct route by car.

With the special buses to West Lakes I could in theory drive to near the Aldgate depot and hop the direct bus.
(Although I never did get around to bothering to do it.)
Psyber
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:41 am

Spargo wrote:Any truth in this rumour I heard today;

A port player was allegedly out on the town, allegedly got into a blue and sufferered a possible broken jaw.
Allegedly assault charges have been laid against said player for his part in the fight also.
Allegedly tried to hide this from the club who of course found out.
Now the club are in damage control and trying to keep this out of the media.
I do know who the player allegedly is and I'm pretty sure he has had off field issues previously.

Collar bone, rookie listed player, nothing to see here, move along.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:57 pm

Booney wrote:

A port player was allegedly out on the town, allegedly got into a blue and sufferered a possible broken jaw.
Allegedly assault charges have been laid against said player for his part in the fight also.
I do know who the player allegedly is and I'm pretty sure he has had off field issues previously.

How is Jared Polec going?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby valleys07 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:03 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Booney wrote:

From all reports- quite well.

Spots for rebounding defenders will be well and truly earned for port this season.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Booney » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:12 am

daysofourlives wrote:
Booney wrote:

Watched a couple of session after Christmas, he has that laconic look about him. Even though he was in the front 20-30% of most running drills he looked like he could have been pushing himself more. Perhaps he was flat out and just looked that way.

I'm more interested in the short term prospects of White, he's much more solidly built than I thought. Might just have been the guernsey he was wearing, hardly flattering for anyone.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Spargo » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:22 pm

Booney wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Booney wrote:

Watched a couple of session after Christmas, he has that laconic look about him. Even though he was in the front 20-30% of most running drills he looked like he could have been pushing himself more. Perhaps he was flat out and just looked that way.

Is he currently training on the track?
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5487 times
Been liked: 5126 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Failed Creation » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:29 pm

From www.portadelaidefc.com.au:

PORT Adelaide’s 2014 Family Day has been confirmed for Saturday 8 February at Alberton Oval.

Gates will open at 3.30pm with a combined Power/Magpies internal trial game at 4.30pm. It will be the first chance for Port Adelaide supporters to see new recruits Jared Polec and Matt White in a competitive game, along with all the new draftees and players from the SANFL League pool.

The new players to the club will have their guernsey presented to them from a Member and following the match will be the always popular player signing session, where supporters can get their guernseys or posters signed and photos taken with the players.

There will also be giveaways, kids activities, Thunda and Murray appearances and food and drink available to purchase.

2014 Port Adelaide Football Club Family Day
Date: Saturday 8 February, 2014
Time: 3.30pm gates open, 4.30pm combined Power/Magpies internal trial game starts
Price: Gold coin donation
Entertainment: trial match, kids activities, player signing session, giveaways, Thunda and Murray, food and drink
The views in this article are those of the author and not necessarily those of the AFL or its clubs

Exclusive to portadelaidefc.com.au

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2 ... february-8
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby valleys07 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:26 pm

Failed Creation wrote:From www.portadelaidefc.com.au:

PORT Adelaide’s 2014 Family Day has been confirmed for Saturday 8 February at Alberton Oval.

Gates will open at 3.30pm with a combined Power/Magpies internal trial game at 4.30pm. It will be the first chance for Port Adelaide supporters to see new recruits Jared Polec and Matt White in a competitive game, along with all the new draftees and players from the SANFL League pool.

The new players to the club will have their guernsey presented to them from a Member and following the match will be the always popular player signing session, where supporters can get their guernseys or posters signed and photos taken with the players.

There will also be giveaways, kids activities, Thunda and Murray appearances and food and drink available to purchase.

Time: 3.30pm gates open, 4.30pm combined Power/Magpies internal trial game starts
Entertainment: trial match, kids activities, player signing session, giveaways, Thunda and Murray, food and drink
The views in this article are those of the author and not necessarily those of the AFL or its clubs

Cheers for the info FC.

Looking forward to getting along and embracing the day. The club is on a high after adding Energy Australia, joining Renault as a major partner for 2014 and now it's up to Ken and the boys to take over from Keith and Kochie's pump up on 5AA on friday.

I can't help myself watching fox re-runs of the 2013 season and watching some players, and thinking "Gee it will be tough for him to get a regular gig this season"- which isn't necessarily a bad thing for the club as a whole. It is going to create intense competition for spots in the powers 22, and really strengthen the magpies group. I'm not for one second saying this group is anywhere near experienced or as talented, but I haven't seen squad depth quite like 2014, since 2007-8.

Players i'm really looking forward to seeing in action come saturday:

Ben Newton- The lad has been on our list for 3-4 seasons now and is yet to debut. You don't keep a lad on your list this long without a senior game unless there is some talent there. Has reportedly been burning up the track this pre-season, and could really stake a claim as part of our growing midfield group.

Tom Clurey- Jackson Trengove's injury has opened the door for this lad- another one who has reportedly been training the house down. Some stiff competition with Hombsch, and even Westhoff, capable of filling the void, however another lad who I expect to debut in 2014.

Jarman Impey- I'll be honest- I wasn't happy when with pick 21, we went with this lad over Trent Dumont, especially given what I had seen of Dumont over the 2013 sanfl season. This lad is all the rage at PAFC at the moment, and is someone who could really bring cleanliness, astute decision making and plenty of excitement to our back 6. Super skills, one who could really put the likes of Japser Pittard or Tom Logan under pressure for a spot. For mine- a round 1 debutant.

Jared Polec- Has the fuss been worth it? Has the chasing yielded us a key component in our press for a top 4 spot, and ultimately a premiership? Have we wasted our time and given the tingles fans another reason to laugh it up? This game and the NAB challenge will answer these questions. Posters here believe he is a little laconic with his footy, but supremely talented. Hugely important to the make up of our side. I believe our midfield group is made up of quality users of the ball, but our back 6 lacks this a little. Get Impey and Polec in the back 6 and all of a sudden, our movement of the footy will be swift upfield- hopefully creating plenty of 1 on 1 contests for Schultz, Gus, Wingard and co.

Matt White- Love watching blokes with pace- this bloke has it. IMO- the x-factor for us. We saw early on last year, what Neade could do with a bit of space, hopefully White brings something similar to the table- yet another string to our bow in terms of forward movement. A round 1 lock- how much impact will he have?

Anybody heading down- give me a hoy. Happy to catch up for a beer, should be a great day for it.

Footy is almost here and I can't wait!!
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Failed Creation » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:53 pm

valleys07 wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:From www.portadelaidefc.com.au:

Cheers for the info FC.

Looking forward to getting along and embracing the day. The club is on a high after adding Energy Australia, joining Renault as a major partner for 2014 and now it's up to Ken and the boys to take over from Keith and Kochie's pump up on 5AA on friday.

I can't help myself watching fox re-runs of the 2013 season and watching some players, and thinking "Gee it will be tough for him to get a regular gig this season"- which isn't necessarily a bad thing for the club as a whole. It is going to create intense competition for spots in the powers 22, and really strengthen the magpies group. I'm not for one second saying this group is anywhere near experienced or as talented, but I haven't seen squad depth quite like 2014, since 2007-8.

Players i'm really looking forward to seeing in action come saturday:

Ben Newton- The lad has been on our list for 3-4 seasons now and is yet to debut. You don't keep a lad on your list this long without a senior game unless there is some talent there. Has reportedly been burning up the track this pre-season, and could really stake a claim as part of our growing midfield group.

Tom Clurey- Jackson Trengove's injury has opened the door for this lad- another one who has reportedly been training the house down. Some stiff competition with Hombsch, and even Westhoff, capable of filling the void, however another lad who I expect to debut in 2014.

Jarman Impey- I'll be honest- I wasn't happy when with pick 21, we went with this lad over Trent Dumont, especially given what I had seen of Dumont over the 2013 sanfl season. This lad is all the rage at PAFC at the moment, and is someone who could really bring cleanliness, astute decision making and plenty of excitement to our back 6. Super skills, one who could really put the likes of Japser Pittard or Tom Logan under pressure for a spot. For mine- a round 1 debutant.

Jared Polec- Has the fuss been worth it? Has the chasing yielded us a key component in our press for a top 4 spot, and ultimately a premiership? Have we wasted our time and given the tingles fans another reason to laugh it up? This game and the NAB challenge will answer these questions. Posters here believe he is a little laconic with his footy, but supremely talented. Hugely important to the make up of our side. I believe our midfield group is made up of quality users of the ball, but our back 6 lacks this a little. Get Impey and Polec in the back 6 and all of a sudden, our movement of the footy will be swift upfield- hopefully creating plenty of 1 on 1 contests for Schultz, Gus, Wingard and co.

Matt White- Love watching blokes with pace- this bloke has it. IMO- the x-factor for us. We saw early on last year, what Neade could do with a bit of space, hopefully White brings something similar to the table- yet another string to our bow in terms of forward movement. A round 1 lock- how much impact will he have?

Anybody heading down- give me a hoy. Happy to catch up for a beer, should be a great day for it.

Footy is almost here and I can't wait!!

We'll have to catch up for a brew or softy sometime.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:32 am

Port Adelaide family day. Watch out for 35 year old grandmothers. :)

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby Booney » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:35 am

Rik E Boy wrote:Port Adelaide family day. Watch out for 35 year old grandmothers. :)

regards,

REB

GMILFs. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL