Batista?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Re: Essendon

Postby JK » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:39 am

Aaron Francis taking some time away from the game whilst trying to deal with mental health issues. Jayden Laverde to miss about 10 weeks with a bad Hammy injury. Best of luck to both lads on their path to recovery.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl ... 1293a67116
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4460 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby MW » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:53 am

JK wrote:Aaron Francis taking some time away from the game whilst trying to deal with mental health issues. Jayden Laverde to miss about 10 weeks with a bad Hammy injury. Best of luck to both lads on their path to recovery.

possibly the hard stance they took on him wanting to come home in the trade period will backfire...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2609 times
Been liked: 1849 times

Postby valleys07 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:54 am

MW wrote:
JK wrote:Aaron Francis taking some time away from the game whilst trying to deal with mental health issues. Jayden Laverde to miss about 10 weeks with a bad Hammy injury. Best of luck to both lads on their path to recovery.

possibly the hard stance they took on him wanting to come home in the trade period will backfire...

Sadly for the lad, this is Cam McCarthy Mk II in every sense.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby MW » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:55 am

yep
MW
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:26 pm

MW wrote:

Utter BS
He was showing signs of homesickness and depression last year as he was becoming frustrated at the amount of niggling injuries he was getting. He sat down with the club before trade period and the club floated the idea of him moving back here. There was zero interest and I mean zero interest from either of the Adelaide clubs for him and his manager came back to the club and advised that Aaron would like to stay and that his brother was moving over to Melbourne to help him settle in. Even now he has decided to stay in Melbourne and has some more family and friends over there supporting him rather than return home
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby MW » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:51 pm

So keeping him hasn't backfired? He's not playing anytime soon...and Essendon as you said knew of his homesickness.
I guarantee you Adelaide would of made an offer. It would not have been the offer Essendon wanted, but they would of made an offer on an intercepting back man when we were losing one ourselves.
MW
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:16 pm

MW wrote:So keeping him hasn't backfired? He's not playing anytime soon...and Essendon as you said knew of his homesickness.
I guarantee you Adelaide would of made an offer. It would not have been the offer Essendon wanted, but they would of made an offer on an intercepting back man when we were losing one ourselves.

have to agree with this - you cant say the crows wouldnt have offered a 5th rounder for him.

having said that, i hope he gets his mind and body right and has a good crack at it
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Spargo » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:19 pm

Most unlike Essendon to be ridiculously stubborn & unrealistic re player trades...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5485 times
Been liked: 5124 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:24 pm

Adelaide spent the first few days immersed in the Lever deal and the last few in the Gibbs deal, both of which would have been plan "A".

Port, well, we were just busy full stop.

From memory Essendon were pretty clear he was contracted and required...
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Postby Jim05 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:32 pm

MW wrote:So keeping him hasn't backfired? He's not playing anytime soon...and Essendon as you said knew of his homesickness.

Yet to see if it has backfired. He signed an extension last year and at trade time the club received nothing from Port and the Crows had other priorities on their plate and advised us that if those deals were done early enough they would consider having a chat to us but it never eventuated. His manager then returned to us and said he was happy to stay so it never got any further. By all reports he is still happy with the club and there is no guarantee that moving to an Adelaide club would of fixed his issues. Essendon has given him an extended break and permission to head home and at this stage he has chosen to stay in Melbourne
Jim05
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:34 pm

Spargo wrote:Most unlike Essendon to be ridiculously stubborn & unrealistic re player trades...

We are stubborn at times I agree but this never even got to that stage.
Jim05
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:23 pm

Jim05 wrote:
MW wrote:

Utter BS
He was showing signs of homesickness and depression last year as he was becoming frustrated at the amount of niggling injuries he was getting. He sat down with the club before trade period and the club floated the idea of him moving back here. There was zero interest and I mean zero interest from either of the Adelaide clubs for him and his manager came back to the club and advised that Aaron would like to stay and that his brother was moving over to Melbourne to help him settle in. Even now he has decided to stay in Melbourne and has some more family and friends over there supporting him rather than return home

Incorrect Jim, Adelaide wanted him, Port showed interest but had already picked up enough for less.

100% he tried and wanted to come home but Essendon wanted way too much which considering the draft pick he went for they were entitled to get a decent return. Had the Cameron deal gone through earlier he would be in Adelaide now. Needs to home with his family
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Jim05 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:37 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
MW wrote:

Utter BS

Incorrect Jim, Adelaide wanted him, Port showed interest but had already picked up enough for less.

100% he tried and wanted to come home but Essendon wanted way too much which considering the draft pick he went for they were entitled to get a decent return. Had the Cameron deal gone through earlier he would be in Adelaide now. Needs to home with his family

Talks never even got serious between the two clubs so people are only guessing what we wanted for him. He could of gone done the McCarthy route and refused to play or train to force a move but instead he has done all the pre season up until last week and he actually returned back to training ahead of schedule. The club has given him an extended break for however long it takes and have given him permission to go home and be with his family but at this stage he has declined and is staying in Melbourne. My understanding is the club is trying to help him anyway possible
Jim05
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:05 am

I know Essendon are doing everything they can for him, I’m not debating that.

My source on talks between Aaron’s management, Essendon and Adelaide is impeccable
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:41 am

Brodlach wrote:I know Essendon are doing everything they can for him, I’m not debating that.

My source on talks between Aaron’s management, Essendon and Adelaide is impeccable

Fair enough then but at the end of the day if he did really want to get home he would of. These days 95% of players get to their destination of choice. He could of chosen to force the issue but didn’t and arrived back at training early and in in good nick. He is staying in Melbourne currently which flys in the face of him having to be home urgently
Jim05
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:08 am

He is a loyal, respectful bloke who once a trade wasn’t organised “just got on with the job”
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:02 pm

Brodlach wrote:He is a loyal, respectful bloke who once a trade wasn’t organised “just got on with the job”

Turned back up at training last week in ripping nick and is training with the main group today and is a sneaky chance to play this week.
He spoke to the players early last week and is thankful for all the support he has had especially from Heppell who has helped him through this tough period
Jim05
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:03 pm

That is great news, he really is a ripper of a lad.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby MW » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:26 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:He is a loyal, respectful bloke who once a trade wasn’t organised “just got on with the job”

Turned back up at training last week in ripping nick and is training with the main group today and is a sneaky chance to play this week.
He spoke to the players early last week and is thankful for all the support he has had especially from Heppell who has helped him through this tough period

If you were a listed player on the verge of being selected, and find out a player who has been out of the club for quite some time (yes, understand it is for mental health reasons...) gets a spot without being around...that would p1ss you off greatly.
MW
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL