Essendon

Talk on the national game

Re: Essendon 2014

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:35 pm

If Hird was at any other club he would have been gone a long time ago. I'm guessing Hird will be turning up for a pay check. Nothing else. No matter how bad he coaches, he will still get the cash.
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:37 pm

I'm not saying the way my club has acted in the last 2 years is acceptable but **** how could you as a player respect this bloke and his wife. Continually acting bigger than the club and seriously just can't keep their mouths shut.

Even if Vlad did make the bloke aware it would have been for the best intentions of Hird and then they leave Vlad out to dry. How could you as a club trust this family. I seriously hope for the good of the club they have intentions of pissing this bloke off.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:41 pm

Caroline Wilson was right. The cult of hird
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Postby Turbo » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:58 pm

The Sleeping Giant wrote:Caroline Wilson was right. The cult of hird

It's been suggested it's a club with next to zero credibility until he is gone
Turbo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 38 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby kickinit » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:02 pm

Essendon could also just be waiting until the ASADA investigation is over. I'd be guessing they would know what is coming. Sack him now and have to pay him a extra 2 years or wait until he is suspended and pay him nothing. The Hird's could also be playing the game and trying to get him sacked to grab as much cash as they can.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:42 am

Love to hate Caro but far more often than not her sources are spot on. She reckons there is no chance Hird will ever coach again....
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby stan » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:23 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Love to hate Caro but far more often than not her sources are spot on. She reckons there is no chance Hird will ever coach again....

All comes back to that 2 year extension (back handed slap to the AFL) that essendon fans were so pleased and well arrogant about. Its come back to get you a bit now. If he wasnt signed up for a few more years you would not have this mess now.

At the end of the day Hird and his camp just need to take there whack and shut up for a bit. You are not bigger than the club. Let the club be, let the players have there time.

Now back to football.

Sent from my GT-I9197 using Tapatalk
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Ted E Bear » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:34 am

All a Hird cash grab. Bad luck Essendon. What a stuff up
Ted E Bear
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:58 am

All this talk about Hird this and Hird that. What's done is done. I was prepared and actually really excited at maybe, just maybe Bomber may get the full - time gig. Ah well maybe he will or maybe he wont.

All I have to say about the whole Hird ideal is that its taking its toll amongst the supporters and we just want someone who is willing to put the club first before his own ambitions. Im over the whole media crap about him. Let it go. Move on and lets all just concentrate on this year ahead. Especially i feel sorry for the players again to have to wait til the end of the season to find out if any sanctions shall fall upon them. Which I hope they do not.

I can see how people outside of Essendon can percieve the whole Hird issue here. Most of the Essendon supporters just want the media attention and all the bad issues to stop so we can move on as a whole and concentrate on 2014. Especially with the list we have on the park atm. Dont want another repeat of last year when we kinda gave up knowing we werent playing finals.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby Booney » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:06 am

Turbo wrote:
The Sleeping Giant wrote:Caroline Wilson was right. The cult of hird

It's been suggested it's a club with next to zero credibility until he is gone

It sure is. Can't really see it any other way.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Fricky » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:18 am

Bombers4EVA wrote:All this talk about Hird this and Hird that. What's done is done. I was prepared and actually really excited at maybe, just maybe Bomber may get the full - time gig. Ah well maybe he will or maybe he wont.

All I have to say about the whole Hird ideal is that its taking its toll amongst the supporters and we just want someone who is willing to put the club first before his own ambitions. Im over the whole media crap about him. Let it go. Move on and lets all just concentrate on this year ahead. Especially i feel sorry for the players again to have to wait til the end of the season to find out if any sanctions shall fall upon them. Which I hope they do not.

I can see how people outside of Essendon can percieve the whole Hird issue here. Most of the Essendon supporters just want the media attention and all the bad issues to stop so we can move on as a whole and concentrate on 2014. Especially with the list we have on the park atm. Dont want another repeat of last year when we kinda gave up knowing we werent playing finals.

According to Damian Barrett on the Footy Show, ASADA have given the 15th of April as the dead line for their final decisions. Hopefully this is the case.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby JK » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:38 am

Bombers4EVA wrote:All this talk about Hird this and Hird that. What's done is done. I was prepared and actually really excited at maybe, just maybe Bomber may get the full - time gig. Ah well maybe he will or maybe he wont.

All I have to say about the whole Hird ideal is that its taking its toll amongst the supporters and we just want someone who is willing to put the club first before his own ambitions. Im over the whole media crap about him. Let it go. Move on and lets all just concentrate on this year ahead.

It had quietened down but it was Hird himself that revived the attention.

I kinda admire his missus for defending her hubby, but Hird should have just completely hidden away until the season is finished imho and both the sport and club would have had a much better opportunity of putting the distraction on ice.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:16 am

You haven't heard the stories from when James was still playing? It's about money JK.
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:17 am

All I have to say about the whole Hird ideal is that its taking its toll amongst the supporters and we just want someone who is willing to put the club first before his own ambitions. Im over the whole media crap about him. Let it go. Move on and lets all just concentrate on this year ahead.[/quote]

It had quietened down but it was Hird himself that revived the attention.

I kinda admire his missus for defending her hubby, but Hird should have just completely hidden away until the season is finished imho and both the sport and club would have had a much better opportunity of putting the distraction on ice.[/quote]

I totally agree with ya there mate. Whether or not Hird is guilty or innocent. He has accepted the punishment. So he and his wife should just stay away from the entire club and issue until his suspension is lifted. Ok she stuck up for her husband. Which in nearly all cases any husbands wife would. But what good has it done?? Its just drawn Essendon and James back into more un-wanted spotlight.

All in all Hirdy, sit back, enjoy the paid holiday and see what you can do to improve your reputation as it now hangs by a thread. Its what he does now that will reflect on the future.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Essendon 2014

Postby Jim05 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:54 am

Most people are missing the point that Hird was forced into accepting the punishment. The threats of Essendon losing blockbuster games or even de-registration were very real. The deal given to him by Essendon of an extra 2 years was a sweetner to him for him accepting the punishment. I still dont know if he is guilty or not and everyone deserves their day in court if they feel injustice has been served but he shouldnt be doing this whilst on the club books. If he wants to clear his name then he needs to step down and go through the correct avenues
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:55 am

So the threats should be real. Are you saying essendon did nothing wrong?
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Postby JK » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:04 pm

The Sleeping Giant wrote:You haven't heard the stories from when James was still playing? It's about money JK.

I have no doubt that the Hird's have exercised strategies to force the be$t result for themselves mate
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby JK » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:05 pm

Jim05 wrote:Most people are missing the point that Hird was forced into accepting the punishment.

No he wasn't. He could have fought it if he wanted. Sure it probably would have been a risk financially with the cost involved, but he still had a choice.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:05 pm

Don't like it when wifey gets involved in hubby's battles though. ;-)

Usually ends with the problem exploding.
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:08 pm

The Sleeping Giant wrote:So the threats should be real. Are you saying essendon did nothing wrong?

Not at all, I have no doubts some things were done poorly.
And yes he should be punished
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL