wubsy's Sydney thread

Talk on the national game

Re: Sydney Swans 2015

Postby stan » Fri May 08, 2015 11:34 am

I believe the Harvey and Fletcher examples are different to Goodes. At the moment Goodes has Franklin and Tippett down there.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 08, 2015 12:30 pm

stan wrote:I believe the Harvey and Fletcher examples are different to Goodes. At the moment Goodes has Franklin and Tippett down there.

Should be easier for Goodes to just float around and be the 3rd or 4th tall.
I have loved what he has brought to the game and his highlights reel would be very entertaining but he's definitely stayed past check-out.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby marbles » Fri May 08, 2015 5:25 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
stan wrote:I believe the Harvey and Fletcher examples are different to Goodes. At the moment Goodes has Franklin and Tippett down there.

Should be easier for Goodes to just float around and be the 3rd or 4th tall.
I have loved what he has brought to the game and his highlights reel would be very entertaining but he's definitely stayed past check-out.

drew petrie is worse. goodes will come in handy quite soon. theyve just got him in cotton wool for second half of season

ignorant media having a field day feasting on goodes at the moment
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon May 11, 2015 8:47 am

Heeney looking to have roughly 6 weeks off with his knee :( , hopefully hannebery will be ok.

positives from the weekend, Mitchell continues to get plenty of touches. franklin getting 22 touches, he is going to on the hunt for goals this week :lol: . Tippett 4 goals. Kennedy continues to prove he is elite.

Frustrating that we didn't finish them off, but i am happy with the win...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon May 11, 2015 4:44 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Heeney looking to have roughly 6 weeks off with his knee :( , hopefully hannebery will be ok.

positives from the weekend, Mitchell continues to get plenty of touches. franklin getting 22 touches, he is going to on the hunt for goals this week :lol: . Tippett 4 goals. Kennedy continues to prove he is elite.

Frustrating that we didn't finish them off, but i am happy with the win...

Dan will be good to go this week
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue May 12, 2015 9:31 am

One of my faves and love or hate the swans you have to respect this bloke...

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2015-05-12/ ... ate-leader
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed May 13, 2015 1:39 pm

Sydney vs Geelong (ANZ) 7.20pm

This would have been a good game a few years ago.

Geelong are still good, the Pies found that out the hard way, but they’ve still got key injuries and they’re definitely a step off the pace of Fremantle, Sydney and a fully stocked Hawthorn.

Why this is at ANZ Stadium is beyond me. It’s a terrible ground both for atmosphere and surface, oh and it’s a pain to get to.

The Swans are right to be getting out of there over the next few seasons, although it’s been a more difficult exit than leaving Afghanistan.

Sydney to win this one but it will be fun to watch.
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed May 13, 2015 1:39 pm

woodublieve12
Coach

Postby gossipgirl » Wed May 13, 2015 1:44 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Sydney vs Geelong (ANZ) 7.20pm

Geelong are still good, the Pies found that out the hard way, but they’ve still got key injuries and they’re definitely a step off the pace of Fremantle, Sydney and a fully stocked Hawthorn.

Why this is at ANZ Stadium is beyond me. It’s a terrible ground both for atmosphere and surface, oh and it’s a pain to get to.

The Swans are right to be getting out of there over the next few seasons, although it’s been a more difficult exit than leaving Afghanistan.

I wouldn't writeoff the Swans quite yet and I think they still can make a game of it with the cats and you never know that Tippett is due for a good game :)
Adelaide Crows World champions 2017 - Crows 4.11 to Lions 4.5
gossipgirl
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1433 times
Been liked: 57 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed May 13, 2015 1:50 pm

gossipgirl wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Sydney vs Geelong (ANZ) 7.20pm

I wouldn't writeoff the Swans quite yet and I think they still can make a game of it with the cats and you never know that Tippett is due for a good game :)

this is a titus o'riley preview... Not sure he wrote of the swans, unless i missed something :)
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon May 18, 2015 4:03 pm

Sydney (120) v Geelong (77)

The surface at ANZ stadium looked liked a crop had just been sowed but the AFL decided to play a game there anyway quicker than you can say ‘massive conflict of interest.’

This game was entertaining until late, when the Swans finally got on top of a very impressive Geelong side.

The Cats are better than a lot of people predicted at the start of the year. They’re a step of the pace of the top few teams but not that far off and there is talent coming through.

This game was really about Luke Parker. The young midfielder had an amazing game. Just look at these advance metrics I’ve found after intensive analysis: five goals and 31 possessions.

That’s really good! He tackles too, which I reckon is a good habit in a footballer.
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby stan » Mon May 18, 2015 5:05 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Sydney (120) v Geelong (77)

The surface at ANZ stadium looked liked a crop had just been sowed but the AFL decided to play a game there anyway quicker than you can say ‘massive conflict of interest.’

This game was entertaining until late, when the Swans finally got on top of a very impressive Geelong side.

The Cats are better than a lot of people predicted at the start of the year. They’re a step of the pace of the top few teams but not that far off and there is talent coming through.

This game was really about Luke Parker. The young midfielder had an amazing game. Just look at these advance metrics I’ve found after intensive analysis: five goals and 31 possessions.

That’s really good! He tackles too, which I reckon is a good habit in a footballer.

Yeah but too bad he missed last years grand final ;)
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon May 18, 2015 9:13 pm

Bit like west coast missing the last 8? :)
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed May 20, 2015 12:59 pm

i wish i was as confident as titus

Hawthorn vs. Sydney (MCG) 7.20pm
The rematch of the Grand Final Sydney never had. There are still missing posters up at the MCG for many of the Swans players from last year and they’ll want revenge.
Of course beating Hawthorn in a round seven match hardly makes up for missing out on a premiership but it’s a start I suppose.
Hawthorn gets back Jordan Lewis but still no Luke Hodge and Brian Lake is still questionable.

I’m hearing Eddie McGuire is thinking of appealing Hodge’s sentence to allow him to play.
The Hawks have been very un-Hawk like for parts of this season and I don’t think belting Melbourne means anything.
I actually like the Swans in this one. For me, it’s been them and Fremantle who have shown the most this year.
The Hawks will come good for the sharp end but they’re a bit unsettled at the moment.
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed May 20, 2015 1:16 pm

SUMMARY
The football world has had to wait eight rounds for the Grand Final rematch, but it could hardly have come at a more appealing juncture. After crushing Melbourne, the Hawks need to get their up-and-down season on track by winning consecutive games for the first time. The reigning premiers should be boosted by the return of Jordan Lewis, Isaac Smith and, perhaps most importantly, Brian Lake to tackle one of the Lance Franklin or Kurt Tippett. The Swans have run into a solid patch of form with consecutive wins and it will be fascinating to see how they respond to their 63-point loss in last year's season-decider.

WHERE AND WHEN: MCG, Saturday, May 23, 7.20pm AEST

LAST FIVE TIMES
GF, 2014, Hawthorn 21.11 (137) d Sydney Swans 11.8 (74) at the MCG
R18, 2014, Hawthorn 15.14 (104) d Sydney Swans 13.16 (94) at the MCG
R8, 2014, Sydney Swans 15.17 (107) d Hawthorn 13.10 (88) at ANZ Stadium
2QF, 2013, Hawthorn 15.15 (105) d Sydney Swans 7.9 (51) at the MCG
R23, 2013, Hawthorn 17.10 (112) d Sydney Swans 16.4 (100) at ANZ Stadium

THE SIX POINTS
1. The Swans' midfielders, in particular, will be desperate to atone for last year's dismal Grand Final performance, when their team was smashed 442-298 in disposals. Hawks stars Luke Hodge, Jordan Lewis and Sam Mitchell dominated with a combined 105 touches.

2. Hawthorn is ranked No.1 for marks inside 50, averaging 15.9 per game this season. Despite the Swans' potent tall timber they only average 10.4 (ranked 12th in the AFL).

3. The Swans will have to find a way to stop Hawthorn's scoring machine if they are to cause an upset. The Hawks average a league-best 114 points per game, compared to the Swans' 88.

4. Both teams have found plenty of the ball this season and are ranked top-two in disposals, with the Hawks collecting 402 possessions per game and the Swans 390.

5. Heavily in Hawthorn's favour is its 10-5 record against the Swans at the MCG. The Hawks have won 19 of their past 21 games at the venue.

6. After a quiet start to the season, Hawks spearhead Jarryd Roughead has climbed six places and back into to the top 10 of the Official AFL Player Ratings after his 30-disposal, 10-mark and four-goal haul against Melbourne.

IT'S A BIG WEEK FOR …
Dan Hannebery. He was no lone soldier in a midfield that had its collective colours lowered in the Grand Final, but the proud 24-year-old will be determined to erase some of the pain from that game. Hannebery was targeted by the Hawks with a physical barrage and had little impact with his 20 disposals. Has bounced back early this year and is averaging 30 possessions per game.

PREDICTION: Hawthorn by 13 points
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby MatteeG » Wed May 20, 2015 3:52 pm

I'll be at this game WUB. Should be a good one. I agree with Titus- you are a lot more settled than us.

10 minutes in you'll be able to tell which 2015 hawks team has rocked up. If you are 5 goals up it is the switched off/unmotivated version :)
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby helicopterking » Wed May 20, 2015 5:59 pm

Huge game for both teams. Sydney win and they go 2 games up on Hawks. Could be the difference between who hosts who come finals time.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu May 21, 2015 10:47 am

couple of years old, but just found it...

woodublieve12
Coach

Postby JK » Thu May 21, 2015 11:39 am

Oddly enough I think both teams are capable of stepping up their game, and I'd expect that at least one of them will here. Leaning toward Sydney, but can never ever write the Hawks off.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu May 21, 2015 12:47 pm

Not overly confident about saturday night... Our best will/should get the job done, our worst is extremely poor. Showed that in last years GF... Saying that, it wouldn't have mattered who the hawks played in last year in the GF, the result would have been the same! Best team effort in a grand final i have ever seen!!! Yes better than 2007. Ruthless.

I'll obviously be happy if we get the win, but i won't be entirely happy this season til we either win a flag or get knocked out the finals having a red hot crack (i'll still be pissed but i could somewhat accept that)!!!!
woodublieve12
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL