wubsy's Sydney thread

Talk on the national game

Re: wubsy's Sydney thread

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:41 pm

At least he will try and get them to score.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 54288
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 6431 times
Been liked: 9524 times

Re: wubsy's Sydney thread

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:47 am

Rumour has it we may be going after Jesse Hogan.... I hope it's just a rumour

Image
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
User avatar
woodublieve12
Coach
 
 
Posts: 16594
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:48 pm
Has liked: 2906 times
Been liked: 2256 times

Re: wubsy's Sydney thread

Postby DOC » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:43 am

Another one of lifes dropkicks.

Serial time waster.
User avatar
DOC
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14821
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:15 pm
Has liked: 501 times
Been liked: 1603 times

Re: wubsy's Sydney thread

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:40 pm

Elijah Taylor has been sacked.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
User avatar
PatowalongaPirate
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4301
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:31 am
Location: Tiger Land
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 975 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: wubsy's Sydney thread

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:54 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:Elijah Taylor has been sacked.

Didn't see that coming.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 47851
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 3918 times
Been liked: 6932 times

Re: wubsy's Sydney thread

Postby Spargo » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:00 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:Elijah Taylor has been sacked.

Didn't see that coming.

Neither did his girlfriend at the time...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14312
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:42 pm
Location: Printing the t-shirts
Has liked: 4592 times
Been liked: 4462 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: wubsy's Sydney thread

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:20 pm

Spargo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Didn't see that coming.

Neither did his girlfriend at the time...

She did in the hub.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 47851
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 3918 times
Been liked: 6932 times

Re: wubsy's Sydney thread

Postby Mr Beefy » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:05 pm

Sydney coach John Longmire has confirmed AFL superstar Lance Franklin suffered another injury setback last week.
The key forward had been making progress in the Swans’ rehabilitation group in recent weeks before a minor calf muscle injury stopped him in his tracks.
“His calf tightened up a little bit on Friday, about halfway through the session,” Longmire told SEN radio.
“(It) is to be expected that little bumps will pop up every now and then.
“That was only Friday and has probably put him back about a week, and we’ll get him going next week.”
Longmire said Franklin’s focus is on strengthening his core - specifically his groin, hamstrings and adductors - before a planned comeback during the 2021 season.
User avatar
Mr Beefy
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4836
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:18 pm
Has liked: 396 times
Been liked: 601 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Re: wubsy's Sydney thread

Postby Booney » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:11 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:Sydney coach John Longmire has confirmed AFL superstar Lance Franklin suffered another injury setback last week.
The key forward had been making progress in the Swans’ rehabilitation group in recent weeks before a minor calf muscle injury stopped him in his tracks.
“His calf tightened up a little bit on Friday, about halfway through the session,” Longmire told SEN radio.
(It) is to be expected that little bumps will pop up every now and then.
“That was only Friday and has probably put him back about a week, and we’ll get him going next week.”
Longmire said Franklin’s focus is on strengthening his core - specifically his groin, hamstrings and adductors - before a planned comeback during the 2021 season.


Hasn't played since August 2019. #oldmaninjury
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 54288
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 6431 times
Been liked: 9524 times

Re: wubsy's Sydney thread

Postby Spargo » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:48 pm

Booney wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:Sydney coach John Longmire has confirmed AFL superstar Lance Franklin suffered another injury setback last week.
The key forward had been making progress in the Swans’ rehabilitation group in recent weeks before a minor calf muscle injury stopped him in his tracks.
“His calf tightened up a little bit on Friday, about halfway through the session,” Longmire told SEN radio.
(It) is to be expected that little bumps will pop up every now and then.
“That was only Friday and has probably put him back about a week, and we’ll get him going next week.”
Longmire said Franklin’s focus is on strengthening his core - specifically his groin, hamstrings and adductors - before a planned comeback during the 2021 season.


Hasn't played since August 2019. #oldmaninjury


There goes finals.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14312
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:42 pm
Location: Printing the t-shirts
Has liked: 4592 times
Been liked: 4462 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: wubsy's Sydney thread

Postby Dutchy » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:50 am

Which one is wubsy?

User avatar
Dutchy
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 42689
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:24 am
Location: Location, Location
Has liked: 1897 times
Been liked: 2901 times

Re: wubsy's Sydney thread

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:02 am

They are all watching him hitting on a chick.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 47851
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 3918 times
Been liked: 6932 times

Re: wubsy's Sydney thread

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:40 am

I didn’t write this. But this is for all the sooks about the academy

I've heard it all now. Blakey is an academy player by coincidence. He was always going to play afl footy via a father/son pathway regardless of the academy. Hiscock, Foote, jack and robinson have all been delisted. Bell can't even break into the team. So we are looking at a potential strike rate of 6/2400 regular afl players. Thats including naismith who is riddled by injury and picked up in the rookie draft and Wicks who was a category B rookie too. I'd argue it's 4/2400. Let's not forget this is a team everyone tipped for bottom 4! Now you win 3 games and the rest of the footy world cries poor. No consideration for the millions of dollars the club pours into the academy. Half of the other clubs in the competition wouldn't be able to afford to fund an academy.
I don't hear Geelong complain when they pick up players on the cheap via the "go home factor". Dangerfield and Cameron headline that list.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
User avatar
woodublieve12
Coach
 
 
Posts: 16594
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:48 pm
Has liked: 2906 times
Been liked: 2256 times

Re: wubsy's Sydney thread

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:46 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:I didn’t write this. But this is for all the sooks about the academy

I've heard it all now. Blakey is an academy player by coincidence. He was always going to play afl footy via a father/son pathway regardless of the academy. Hiscock, Foote, jack and robinson have all been delisted. Bell can't even break into the team. So we are looking at a potential strike rate of 6/2400 regular afl players. Thats including naismith who is riddled by injury and picked up in the rookie draft and Wicks who was a category B rookie too. I'd argue it's 4/2400. Let's not forget this is a team everyone tipped for bottom 4! Now you win 3 games and the rest of the footy world cries poor. No consideration for the millions of dollars the club pours into the academy. Half of the other clubs in the competition wouldn't be able to afford to fund an academy.
I don't hear Geelong complain when they pick up players on the cheap via the "go home factor". Dangerfield and Cameron headline that list.

Cameron cheap? 3 first rounders, not a bunch of obscure high picks.
User avatar
Mr Beefy
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4836
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:18 pm
Has liked: 396 times
Been liked: 601 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Re: wubsy's Sydney thread

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:31 pm

Accurate
Attachments
2D162082-D3E2-4272-A6D7-98645D9B1DE0.jpeg
2D162082-D3E2-4272-A6D7-98645D9B1DE0.jpeg (121.84 KiB) Viewed 848 times
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
User avatar
woodublieve12
Coach
 
 
Posts: 16594
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:48 pm
Has liked: 2906 times
Been liked: 2256 times

Re: wubsy's Sydney thread

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:43 pm

You're the only one bringing it to our attention mate, what a fantastic win for the lads, probably rates as their best win for the past 5 years, I love seeing a bunch of kids having a red hot crack, I doubt that they'll make the finals but they'll certainly cause some damage along the way with performances like that.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 47851
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 3918 times
Been liked: 6932 times

Re: wubsy's Sydney thread

Postby whufc » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:36 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:You're the only one bringing it to our attention mate, what a fantastic win for the lads, probably rates as their best win for the past 5 years, I love seeing a bunch of kids having a red hot crack, I doubt that they'll make the finals but they'll certainly cause some damage along the way with performances like that.


I reckon their a decent chance for finals.

GWS, North Melbourne, Fremantle are junk
Adelaide, Hawthorn, Carlton, Gold Coast and Essendon will win a few odd games here and there but wont be consistent enough to win over 10 games needed.
St Kilda are a rabble at the moment, albeit they have the talent.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 24857
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 4673 times
Been liked: 2053 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Re: wubsy's Sydney thread

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:45 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:You're the only one bringing it to our attention mate, what a fantastic win for the lads, probably rates as their best win for the past 5 years, I love seeing a bunch of kids having a red hot crack, I doubt that they'll make the finals but they'll certainly cause some damage along the way with performances like that.


This is the thread where he talks too himself.
Leave him alone mate
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
User avatar
amber_fluid
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11241
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 10:18 am
Has liked: 1942 times
Been liked: 2145 times

Re: wubsy's Sydney thread

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:18 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:I didn’t write this. But this is for all the sooks about the academy

I've heard it all now. Blakey is an academy player by coincidence. He was always going to play afl footy via a father/son pathway regardless of the academy. Hiscock, Foote, jack and robinson have all been delisted. Bell can't even break into the team. So we are looking at a potential strike rate of 6/2400 regular afl players. Thats including naismith who is riddled by injury and picked up in the rookie draft and Wicks who was a category B rookie too. I'd argue it's 4/2400. Let's not forget this is a team everyone tipped for bottom 4! Now you win 3 games and the rest of the footy world cries poor. No consideration for the millions of dollars the club pours into the academy. Half of the other clubs in the competition wouldn't be able to afford to fund an academy.
I don't hear Geelong complain when they pick up players on the cheap via the "go home factor". Dangerfield and Cameron headline that list.

Cameron cheap? 3 first rounders, not a bunch of obscure high picks.


Not even high picks just half a dozen picks in the 50s and 60s, absolute disgrace.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11142
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:35 pm
Has liked: 2272 times
Been liked: 1569 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Re: wubsy's Sydney thread

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:19 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Booney wrote:Don Pyke new Sydney assistant coach.


Image



Maybe Pyke knows a bit more than you, remember the Crows were the highest scoring team in 2017 until the GF, lets hope Sydney go down the same path.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11142
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:35 pm
Has liked: 2272 times
Been liked: 1569 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DOC and 16 guests