wubsy's Sydney thread

Talk on the national game

Re: wubsy's Sydney thread

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:50 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jim05 wrote:I think it was only last year that Gil said Buddy’s wage would be on the Swans books for the rest of his contract. Similar to Tippett who retired early.
I wouldn’t be surprised though if Buddy played out his contract albeit with only 10-12 games a season

He'd be stupid not to, loyalty never seemed to be big on his agenda.


he spent 9 years at the hawks and will finish his career at a club he will spend another 9 playing at.

Pretty loyal. It's not like he is like LeBron James and plays at 5 different clubs
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
User avatar
woodublieve12
Coach
 
 
Posts: 15366
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:48 pm
Has liked: 2630 times
Been liked: 2011 times

Re: wubsy's Sydney thread

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:10 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jim05 wrote:I think it was only last year that Gil said Buddy’s wage would be on the Swans books for the rest of his contract. Similar to Tippett who retired early.
I wouldn’t be surprised though if Buddy played out his contract albeit with only 10-12 games a season

He'd be stupid not to, loyalty never seemed to be big on his agenda.


he spent 9 years at the hawks and will finish his career at a club he will spend another 9 playing at.

Pretty loyal. It's not like he is like LeBron James and plays at 5 different clubs

He left the best club going around to "apparently" help a new club, backflipped on that to chase the highest paid, longest contract in history, I see your point. I'd be pretty loyal too getting over $1M per year and not training.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 37108
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2496 times
Been liked: 4504 times

Re: wubsy's Sydney thread

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:41 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jim05 wrote:I think it was only last year that Gil said Buddy’s wage would be on the Swans books for the rest of his contract. Similar to Tippett who retired early.
I wouldn’t be surprised though if Buddy played out his contract albeit with only 10-12 games a season

He'd be stupid not to, loyalty never seemed to be big on his agenda.


he spent 9 years at the hawks and will finish his career at a club he will spend another 9 playing at.

Pretty loyal. It's not like he is like LeBron James and plays at 5 different clubs

He left the best club going around to "apparently" help a new club, backflipped on that to chase the highest paid, longest contract in history, I see your point. I'd be pretty loyal too getting over $1M per year and not training.


That's what the AFL wanted him to do....

Hard to argue he didn't deserve to be the highest paid player in the AFL...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
User avatar
woodublieve12
Coach
 
 
Posts: 15366
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:48 pm
Has liked: 2630 times
Been liked: 2011 times

Re: wubsy's Sydney thread

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:42 pm

And when people see it's a business now and not like "the good old days" the better....
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
User avatar
woodublieve12
Coach
 
 
Posts: 15366
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:48 pm
Has liked: 2630 times
Been liked: 2011 times

Re: wubsy's Sydney thread

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:23 pm

"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
User avatar
woodublieve12
Coach
 
 
Posts: 15366
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:48 pm
Has liked: 2630 times
Been liked: 2011 times

Re: wubsy's Sydney thread

Postby Jim05 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:37 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/08/21/they-still-want-him-sydney-to-be-major-players-in-the-trade-period/?fbclid=IwAR0HkFlq3k22DXDCOD1EsaPxoqUztLtLs_wNB5dx1WrIFKoD17L1KuEAb_M

Pony up
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 39900
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1053 times
Been liked: 2378 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: wubsy's Sydney thread

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:39 pm

Jim05 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/08/21/they-still-want-him-sydney-to-be-major-players-in-the-trade-period/?fbclid=IwAR0HkFlq3k22DXDCOD1EsaPxoqUztLtLs_wNB5dx1WrIFKoD17L1KuEAb_M

Pony up


2nd round pick or a very late first round draft pick.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
User avatar
woodublieve12
Coach
 
 
Posts: 15366
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:48 pm
Has liked: 2630 times
Been liked: 2011 times

Re: wubsy's Sydney thread

Postby Jim05 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:42 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/08/21/they-still-want-him-sydney-to-be-major-players-in-the-trade-period/?fbclid=IwAR0HkFlq3k22DXDCOD1EsaPxoqUztLtLs_wNB5dx1WrIFKoD17L1KuEAb_M

Pony up


2nd round pick or a very late first round draft pick.

Lol
Your first rounder would be the absolute minimum.
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 39900
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1053 times
Been liked: 2378 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: wubsy's Sydney thread

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:44 pm

Jim05 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/08/21/they-still-want-him-sydney-to-be-major-players-in-the-trade-period/?fbclid=IwAR0HkFlq3k22DXDCOD1EsaPxoqUztLtLs_wNB5dx1WrIFKoD17L1KuEAb_M

Pony up


2nd round pick or a very late first round draft pick.

Lol
Your first rounder would be the absolute minimum.


you mean for a bloke who has had a year off injured and hasn't done a great deal for 18 months???
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
User avatar
woodublieve12
Coach
 
 
Posts: 15366
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:48 pm
Has liked: 2630 times
Been liked: 2011 times

Re: wubsy's Sydney thread

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:47 pm

If he's not that good why do you want him lol?

Under contract for next year too which makes any price higher.
Inaugural JK Cup Winner 2018
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
User avatar
PatowalongaPirate
Veteran
 
 
Posts: 3512
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:31 am
Location: Tiger Land
Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 810 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: wubsy's Sydney thread

Postby Jim05 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:49 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:[quote="woodublieve12"]https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/08/21/they-still-want-him-sydney-to-be-major-players-in-the-trade-period/?fbclid=IwAR0HkFlq3k22DXDCOD1EsaPxoqUztLtLs_wNB5dx1WrIFKoD17L1KuEAb_M

Pony up


2nd round pick or a very late first round draft pick.

Lol
Your first rounder would be the absolute minimum.


you mean for a bloke who has had a year off injured and hasn't done a great deal for 18 months???[/quote]
So why do you want to pay a bloke over $1m if he isn’t any good?
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 39900
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1053 times
Been liked: 2378 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: wubsy's Sydney thread

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:49 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
you mean for a bloke who has had a year off injured and hasn't done a great deal for 18 months???

I can't see any party winning this deal.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 37108
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2496 times
Been liked: 4504 times

Re: wubsy's Sydney thread

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:53 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:If he's not that good why do you want him lol?

Under contract for next year too which makes any price higher.


I didn't say 'I' wanted him... Fair chance the Swans don't either due to Sam McClure reporting it. But for a guy who is injury prone and his price wouldn't be as high as it was 12-24 months ago. But if i did want him i certainly wouldn't give up our pick 4 for him...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
User avatar
woodublieve12
Coach
 
 
Posts: 15366
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:48 pm
Has liked: 2630 times
Been liked: 2011 times

Re: wubsy's Sydney thread

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:55 pm

I'd rather go after Tippa if he was available
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
User avatar
woodublieve12
Coach
 
 
Posts: 15366
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:48 pm
Has liked: 2630 times
Been liked: 2011 times

Re: wubsy's Sydney thread

Postby Jim05 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:57 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:I'd rather go after Tippa if he was available

Contract extension should be announced soon
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 39900
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1053 times
Been liked: 2378 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: wubsy's Sydney thread

Postby Spargo » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:05 pm

Papley on the way out ?
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 10771
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:42 pm
Location: Brighton Road Rail Yards
Has liked: 2783 times
Been liked: 3107 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: wubsy's Sydney thread

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:09 pm

Spargo wrote:Papley on the way out ?


unsure to be honest... There has been some talk, i hope not. But if he does he certainly hasn't hurt his chances of being worth a bit come trade time.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
User avatar
woodublieve12
Coach
 
 
Posts: 15366
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:48 pm
Has liked: 2630 times
Been liked: 2011 times

Re: wubsy's Sydney thread

Postby Armchair expert » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:14 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Spargo wrote:Papley on the way out ?


unsure to be honest... There has been some talk, i hope not. But if he does he certainly hasn't hurt his chances of being worth a bit come trade time.


I told you months ago he is going to carlton
User avatar
Armchair expert
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2246
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 9:18 am
Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 271 times
Grassroots Team: Solomontown

Re: wubsy's Sydney thread

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:16 pm

Armchair expert wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
Spargo wrote:Papley on the way out ?


unsure to be honest... There has been some talk, i hope not. But if he does he certainly hasn't hurt his chances of being worth a bit come trade time.


I told you months ago he is going to carlton


done, Papley for Cripps... Deal
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
User avatar
woodublieve12
Coach
 
 
Posts: 15366
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:48 pm
Has liked: 2630 times
Been liked: 2011 times

Re: wubsy's Sydney thread

Postby Spargo » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:17 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Spargo wrote:Papley on the way out ?


unsure to be honest... There has been some talk, i hope not. But if he does he certainly hasn't hurt his chances of being worth a bit come trade time.


Swap for Mason Wood.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 10771
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:42 pm
Location: Brighton Road Rail Yards
Has liked: 2783 times
Been liked: 3107 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests