Round 5 stuff

Talk on the national game

Re: Round 5 stuff

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun May 03, 2015 7:42 pm

I can't believe Robbie Gray has been allowed to have the time and space he's had in the last quarter, he's killed it. He's been involved in nearly every Port scoring opportunity
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10328 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby carey » Sun May 03, 2015 7:42 pm

bennymacca wrote:HOW THE F*CK IS THAT HOLDING THE FKING BALL AGAINST TEX

Trying to 'fend off' is deemed prior opportunity. So by the book it's holding the ball.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2803 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun May 03, 2015 7:43 pm

carey wrote:
bennymacca wrote:HOW THE F*CK IS THAT HOLDING THE FKING BALL AGAINST TEX

Trying to 'fend off' is deemed prior opportunity. So by the book it's holding the ball.

Yep took on the tackler, gone.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Sun May 03, 2015 7:44 pm

he didnt have an opportunity though. was tackled before he even stood up. not sure what he is supposed to do there. just take the tackle without putting his hand out?
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby carey » Sun May 03, 2015 7:45 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:I can't believe Robbie Gray has been allowed to have the time and space he's had in the last quarter, he's killed it. He's been involved in nearly every Port scoring opportunity

That must be the umpires fault as well. :roll:

The shit on my Mrs Facebook is laughable. Apparently umpires have favoured Port all game. Your kidding me.

Credit the crows I believe they out played us for a good 40-45 mins but didn't make it count on the horse and we did. Cracking game for 3 1/4's
carey
Coach

Postby carey » Sun May 03, 2015 7:46 pm

bennymacca wrote:he didnt have an opportunity though. was tackled before he even stood up. not sure what he is supposed to do there. just take the tackle without putting his hand out?

He clearly tried to fend off Bobby.
carey
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun May 03, 2015 7:50 pm

carey wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:I can't believe Robbie Gray has been allowed to have the time and space he's had in the last quarter, he's killed it. He's been involved in nearly every Port scoring opportunity

The shit on my Mrs Facebook is laughable. Apparently umpires have favoured Port all game. Your kidding me.

Credit the crows I believe they out played us for a good 40-45 mins but didn't make it count on the horse and we did. Cracking game for 3 1/4's

Yeah I've seen the same. Blaming umpires FFS. Some people just can't accept their team was not good enough on the day. Losing is frustrating and it hurts but sometimes you're just not good enough on the day
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Sun May 03, 2015 7:52 pm

carey wrote:

didnt see the umpires make too many bad decisions, but there was probably 7 or 8 50/50 decisions that all went ports way. and probably cost us 3 goals.

still not the reason we lost though.

carey wrote:He clearly tried to fend off Bobby.

yeah but if you get tackled the millisecond you get the ball, fend off, its still not prior opportunity
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Sun May 03, 2015 7:52 pm

Too good tonight, Crows didn't make use of the 20 odd inside 50's in their dominant patch
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun May 03, 2015 7:56 pm

Brodlach wrote:Too good tonight, Crows didn't make use of the 20 odd inside 50's in their dominant patch

Yes alot of missed opportunities by the Crows and it come back to bite them. 13 13 to 18 7, Crows had one more scoring shot but lost by 24 points so they certainly had their chances.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby RustyCage » Sun May 03, 2015 8:13 pm

bennymacca wrote:he didnt have an opportunity though. was tackled before he even stood up. not sure what he is supposed to do there. just take the tackle without putting his hand out?

Trying to fend off is considered opportunity
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun May 03, 2015 8:16 pm

Tex got a holding the ball decision his way early in the match when a port player picked up the ball and was tackled instantaneously.

not sure he had prior opportunity
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11839 times
Been liked: 3597 times

Postby bennymacca » Sun May 03, 2015 8:28 pm

doesnt make either right imo. The umpires have been good in general this year imo but they sometimes pull the trigger a little too early
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Feenix » Mon May 04, 2015 9:23 am

I think the Tex holding the ball call was right, he could have handballed rather than gone the fend off. I think the only ones that think it wasn’t holding the ball are crows fans.
Feenix
Reserves

Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 66 times

Postby HH3 » Mon May 04, 2015 9:48 am

Yeah, if he has time to put his arm out for the fend off, he had time (opportunity) to get his hand to the ball. HOLDING THE BAWWLLL!!!
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times

Postby Footy Smart » Mon May 04, 2015 9:50 am

I thought the umpiring was pretty good, a few 50/50 calls but thats footy. I thought the crows certainly had the better calls in the first half, the tex/carlisle holding the ball on the outer side wing in particular, also Young was clearly pushed in the back twice in the first 5 mins with no free kick.

The crows got skun on the outside, while we won more clearances they were rushed and relatively ineffective. While Port, when they one the clearance they had an outside runner who had an extra step to kick the ball to their FWDs advantage. That was the difference in the 2 sides IMO.

As a crows fan, its not all doom and gloom. The game clearly showed where the 2 sides are at, one clinical and efficient, the other competitive but lacking polish.

I will say, Eddie Betts and AFC copped a lot of stick when he came to west lakes. I think his game has gone to another level. Now just needs a few more blokes helping him.
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby bennymacca » Mon May 04, 2015 10:59 am

Footy Smart wrote:I thought the umpiring was pretty good, a few 50/50 calls but thats footy. I thought the crows certainly had the better calls in the first half, the tex/carlisle holding the ball on the outer side wing in particular, also Young was clearly pushed in the back twice in the first 5 mins with no free kick.

The crows got skun on the outside, while we won more clearances they were rushed and relatively ineffective. While Port, when they one the clearance they had an outside runner who had an extra step to kick the ball to their FWDs advantage. That was the difference in the 2 sides IMO.

As a crows fan, its not all doom and gloom. The game clearly showed where the 2 sides are at, one clinical and efficient, the other competitive but lacking polish.

I will say, Eddie Betts and AFC copped a lot of stick when he came to west lakes. I think his game has gone to another level. Now just needs a few more blokes helping him.

good post.

And yeah, it was a pretty fair reflection of where the two sides are at. Crows have to work really hard to match it with the top 4 sides, port can have a slightly off day but still be good enough to get the job done.

Also agree about Eddie Betts. probably the best small forward in the comp right about now.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 04, 2015 12:32 pm

Footy Smart wrote:I thought the umpiring was pretty good, a few 50/50 calls but thats footy. I thought the crows certainly had the better calls in the first half, the tex/carlisle holding the ball on the outer side wing in particular, also Young was clearly pushed in the back twice in the first 5 mins with no free kick.

Good sport, I'm the same with Eddie, he's definitely grown an extra leg since moving to West Lakes, he's delivered what the Crows thought he'd bring to the table. One of the better attempts the Crows have had at recycling a player.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Booney » Mon May 04, 2015 1:01 pm

Brodlach wrote:Schultz new name should be Donald, all he does now is duck. Umpires getting sucked in everytime

Is that how you see Schulz playing his games?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon May 04, 2015 1:20 pm

Booney wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Schultz new name should be Donald, all he does now is duck. Umpires getting sucked in everytime

Is that how you see Schulz playing his games?

he certainly got a charity goal last night because of it.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2398 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL