Round 5 stuff

Talk on the national game

Re: Round 5 stuff

Postby Footy Smart » Mon May 04, 2015 1:38 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Booney wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Schultz new name should be Donald, all he does now is duck. Umpires getting sucked in everytime

Is that how you see Schulz playing his games?

he certainly got a charity goal last night because of it.

He isnt alone in this, he did do it last night though once. Its up to the umpires to call play on and not fall for it. The players will stop doing it.
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 04, 2015 2:44 pm

Footy Smart wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
Booney wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Schultz new name should be Donald, all he does now is duck. Umpires getting sucked in everytime

Is that how you see Schulz playing his games?

he certainly got a charity goal last night because of it.

He isnt alone in this, he did do it last night though once. Its up to the umpires to call play on and not fall for it. The players will stop doing it.

I actually thought watching the replay that Schulz had his head down as he collected the ball already, copped a wayward arm to the head and then ducked his head lower as the tackler slid down towards his arm - making it look terrible by Schulz but the free kick was there in the first place.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3976 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon May 04, 2015 2:51 pm

there was one where the ball was on the ground in between he and cheney, and he just ploughed straight into him without much regard for the ball and drew the free kick. not sure if thats the same one you were talking about, there were a few dubious ones he got.

Very smart play by him, but the umpires need to look at that again
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 04, 2015 2:54 pm

bennymacca wrote:there was one where the ball was on the ground in between he and cheney, and he just ploughed straight into him without much regard for the ball and drew the free kick. not sure if thats the same one you were talking about, there were a few dubious ones he got.

Very smart play by him, but the umpires need to look at that again

Makes me wonder - what ever happened to that diving at the players legs rule? Dont see that pulled out too often anymore - or the deliberate rushed behind either now i think about it :?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon May 04, 2015 3:06 pm

Reckon players have adapted so that there isn't much in the way of deliberate rushed behind - remember it was only if they weren't under pressure.

But agree that the sliding into the legs rule seems to have fallen by the wayside too
bennymacca
Coach

Postby helicopterking » Mon May 04, 2015 3:08 pm

bennymacca wrote:Reckon players have adapted so that there isn't much in the way of deliberate rushed behind - remember it was only if they weren't under pressure.

But agree that the sliding into the legs rule seems to have fallen by the wayside too

Isn't that a good thing, shows that the rule has worked and stopped players from doing it deliberately. It happens very rarely now
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 297 times
Been liked: 666 times

Postby JK » Mon May 04, 2015 3:14 pm

helicopterking wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Reckon players have adapted so that there isn't much in the way of deliberate rushed behind - remember it was only if they weren't under pressure.

Isn't that a good thing, shows that the rule has worked and stopped players from doing it deliberately. It happens very rarely now

Still happens virtually every game, just isn't paid as often
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4432 times
Been liked: 2976 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby bennymacca » Mon May 04, 2015 3:15 pm

helicopterking wrote:

Yep that was my point.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Mon May 04, 2015 3:15 pm

I dont think the deliberate rule goes far enough. Pressure or not you should be pinged for rushing a point, nothing worse than seeing players take it over when they look like being tackled.
Did see a deliberate out of bounds paid in our game yesterday where a Saints player was pinged for kicking it 50m up the ground lol
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3533 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby bennymacca » Mon May 04, 2015 3:17 pm

An interesting point was made in the tea room at work the other day

Can you think of another game where scoring an "own goal" is not worth the full score for the other team?
bennymacca
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 04, 2015 3:28 pm

Jim05 wrote:I dont think the deliberate rule goes far enough. Pressure or not you should be pinged for rushing a point, nothing worse than seeing players take it over when they look like being tackled.
Did see a deliberate out of bounds paid in our game yesterday where a Saints player was pinged for kicking it 50m up the ground lol

That deliberate out of bounds rule is absolutely stupid! I think it's incredibly rough on a player with no options to get pinged when they kick the ball 40-50 down the ground and find the safety of the boundary!
The Bedge
Coach

Postby JK » Mon May 04, 2015 4:36 pm

bennymacca wrote:An interesting point was made in the tea room at work the other day

Can you think of another game where scoring an "own goal" is not worth the full score for the other team?

NFL
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon May 04, 2015 4:40 pm

Hehe go read my thread, it's the only one I could come up with too
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon May 04, 2015 4:46 pm

Lewis 3 games down to 2.

Jordan Lewis, Hawthorn, has been charged with striking Todd Goldstein, North Melbourne, during the first quarter of the Round Five match between Hawthorn and North Melbourne, played at Etihad Stadium on Saturday May 2, 2015.

In summary, he can accept a two-match sanction with an early plea, after the incident was classified as a three-match sanction. Media should note the MRP provided the assessment of high impact among its reasons below, based on point 4.2(b) of the Tribunal guidelines on page 9 ‘.. strong consideration will be given to the potential to cause serious injury’.

Based on the video evidence available and a medical report from the North Melbourne Football Club, it was the view of the panel the incident should be classified as careless conduct with high impact to the head. The offence was classified as a three-match sanction. The player has no applicable record. An early plea can reduce the penalty to a two-match sanction.

Hodge straight to the tribunal.

Luke Hodge, Hawthorn, has been charged with striking Andrew Swallow, North Melbourne, during the first quarter of the Round Five match between Hawthorn and North Melbourne, played at Etihad Stadium on Saturday May 2, 2015.

In summary, the incident was referred directly to the Tribunal for its determination and he cannot accept an early plea on the matter. Media should note the MRP provided the assessment of high impact among its reasons below, based on point 4.2(b) of the Tribunal guidelines on page 9 ‘.. strong consideration will be given to the potential to cause serious injury’.

Based on the video evidence available and a medical report from the North Melbourne Football Club, it was the view of the panel the incident should be classified as intentional conduct with high impact to the head. The offence was classified as required to be directly put before the tribunal. The player has no applicable bad record and cannot accept an early plea.

May ( Gc ) 3 down to 2.

Steven May, Gold Coast Suns, has been charged with engaging in rough conduct against Tom Rockliff, Brisbane Lions, during the first quarter of the Round Five match between the Gold Coast Suns and the Brisbane Lions, played at Metricon Oval on Saturday May 2, 2015.

In summary, he can accept a two-match sanction with an early plea.

Based on the video evidence available and a medical report from the Brisbane Lions Football Club, it was the view of the panel the incident should be classified as careless conduct with high impact to the head. The offence was classified as a three-match sanction. The player has no applicable bad record. An early plea can reduce the penalty to a two-match sanction.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-04/m ... round-five
Last edited by Booney on Mon May 04, 2015 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7450 times
Been liked: 10717 times

Postby JK » Mon May 04, 2015 4:47 pm

bennymacca wrote:Hehe go read my thread, it's the only one I could come up with too

It's an interesting point you raise though. I can't think of any others either.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Mon May 04, 2015 4:49 pm

Hodges incident worse than Lewis?
I officially have no idea about anything.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2009 times
Been liked: 3846 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Mon May 04, 2015 4:50 pm

Wedgie wrote:Hodges incident worse than Lewis?

You,me and 99% of the football world mate.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7450 times
Been liked: 10717 times

Postby nuggety goodness » Mon May 04, 2015 5:05 pm

Booney wrote:

And Mays' hip and shoulder has been given the same treatment as lewis' roundhouse?!? Wow!
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby helicopterking » Mon May 04, 2015 5:08 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:
Booney wrote:

And Mays' hip and shoulder has been given the same treatment as lewis' roundhouse?!? Wow!

Your right, didn't think there was a lot in May incident. Just unlucky
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 297 times
Been liked: 666 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon May 04, 2015 5:15 pm

Booney wrote:

i dunno - using elbows means it is immediately an intentional conduct thing. thats different to being extremely late and careless in a spoil
bennymacca
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL