Phil Walsh murdered

Talk on the national game

Re: Phil Walsh murdered

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:45 am

It's a question worth debating.
I didn't particularly care about it either way, but, Never Tear Us Apart is still a club theme song.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:49 am

bennymacca wrote:LOTS of people here at Adelaide oval. I would estimate between 5 and 10k here already.

This pic goes to show how people enjoy their own seats, whenever they go to a game - I remember walking past that old guy in the photo last night.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:52 am

Ha that's really cool
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:59 am

I've been told a nurse has been sacked from Flinders Hospital after she posted on Facebook that "he's on my ward" or words to that effect. Immediate dismissal. Silly, silly woman, if true.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:15 am

Dogwatcher wrote:I've been told a nurse has been sacked from Flinders Hospital after she posted on Facebook that "he's on my ward" or words to that effect. Immediate dismissal. Silly, silly woman, if true.

The son?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3495 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:16 am

carey wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Every other club has abandoned their pre-match activities yet Port still do theirs tonight?

Your for real. Your Port bashing is almost laughable, Port showed 28 images of Phil Walsh in the 60 image count down. You Idiot.

Go back to losing in your gambling thread or maybe actually post something in the peaheart thread oh sorry the Kangeroos thread.

The tribute to Walsh after the game is something I'll never forget.

Post match was excellent, was talking about the pre-match. Maybe get off the red cans before posting...
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:22 am

carey wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Every other club has abandoned their pre-match activities yet Port still do theirs tonight?

Your for real. Your Port bashing is almost laughable, Port showed 28 images of Phil Walsh in the 60 image count down. You Idiot.

Go back to losing in your gambling thread or maybe actually post something in the peaheart thread oh sorry the Kangeroos thread.

Geezus, he just asked a question and.you hit hiim with a personal attack like that? :? !

He didnt say what Port did was wrong, perhaps Port were right and the other clubs were wrong, does cancelling banners, club songs, etc really help celebrate the life of Phil Walsh? All relevent questions.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3886 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:30 am

Dutchy wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:I've been told a nurse has been sacked from Flinders Hospital after she posted on Facebook that "he's on my ward" or words to that effect. Immediate dismissal. Silly, silly woman, if true.

The son?

Yep.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:31 am

Did they run through a banner?
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:31 am

No.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby stan » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:34 am

Wedgie wrote:
carey wrote:

Geezus, he just asked a question and.you hit hiim with a personal attack like that? :? !

He didnt say what Port did was wrong, perhaps Port were right and the other clubs were wrong, does cancelling banners, club songs, etc really help celebrate the life of Phil Walsh? All relevent questions.

How about you guys take this out of this thread which is a tribute to the late Phil Walsh and not a place for attacks at clubs or people. There is a Port Adelaide thread for you Dutchy to hate on Port and Carey can thus abuse you there.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby bennymacca » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:39 am

I've got no real issue with them singing that song before the game, given the meaning of it.

If it was any other song (for instance the crows used to play the start of "black skinhead" by Kanye west) then it wouldn't have been appropriate
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:47 am

stan wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
carey wrote:

How about you guys take this out of this thread which is a tribute to the late Phil Walsh and not a place for attacks at clubs or people. There is a Port Adelaide thread for you Dutchy to hate on Port and Carey can thus abuse you there.

Are you serious?
I was actually having a go at someone for personally attacking someone in this thread!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:04 am

There was no playing of "Not giving in" by Rudamental for the players to enter the field, no pyrotechnics, no banner to run through, no playing of the club song.

If you can't see that there is some meaning to "Never tear us apart" in these circumstances then I'm astonished. 45,000 people last night thought it worthy and many of them in Collingwood colours joined in.

If you saw the closing to the night, the players, officials and support staff on the Oval during the tribute you'd hardly have reason to knock anything, ANYTHING the club did last night.

Please, continue your Port bashing though and please, let us know when normal transmission should resume.

RIP Phil.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:07 am

They could have chose a better song after the match but besides that I thought it was well done.

The showdown is going to be massive.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:16 am

Wedgie wrote:They could have chose a better song after the match but besides that I thought it was well done.

The showdown is going to be massive.

It will be indeed.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:01 pm

Booney wrote:

There was no playing of "Not giving in" by Rudamental for the players to enter the field, no pyrotechnics, no banner to run through, no playing of the club song.

If you can't see that there is some meaning to "Never tear us apart" in these circumstances then I'm astonished. 45,000 people last night thought it worthy and many of them in Collingwood colours joined in.

If you saw the closing to the night, the players, officials and support staff on the Oval during the tribute you'd hardly have reason to knock anything, ANYTHING the club did last night.

Please, continue your Port bashing though and please, let us know when normal transmission should resume.

RIP Phil.

Trying to see reason behind it as they did something every other club has chosen not to do during this sad time, discussion point only, Ive already stated the post match was excellent.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby stan » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:04 pm

I think this should be debated some place else.

Sent from my GT-I9197 using Tapatalk
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby TEX07 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:54 am

Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:

RIP Phil.

Trying to see reason behind it as they did something every other club has chosen not to do during this sad time, discussion point only, Ive already stated the post match was excellent.

I was at the game and pre match was only the song and as a neutral supporter it was done really well IMO, wasn't overboard no songs no banners just the countdown song which I even saw Collingwood people singing. The after match was a fantastic way to honour Phil Walsh, if it didn't touch you then you are not human. Port had so much history with Walsh and the way they all handled it was impressive, would have pretty tough to take the field.
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Booney » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:51 am

The son of slain AFL coach Phil Walsh is due in court today charged with murdering his father.

Cy Walsh, 26, is expected to appear before the Adelaide Magistrates Court via a video link from a psychiatric hospital.

He allegedly stabbed his 55-year-old father to death at the family's Adelaide home on July 3 this year.

Walsh has been detained at a psychiatric hospital since the killing of the Adelaide Crows coach.

He didn't enter a plea at a hospital bedside court hearing on July 4, a day after the killing which stunned Australia's sporting fraternity.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/2015/0 ... UZmWEDD.99
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL