Phil Walsh murdered

Talk on the national game

Re: Phil Walsh murdered

Postby Wedgie » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:58 am

Booney wrote:The hearing didn't hear that he was not guilty, it heard he is not criminally responsible.

Just copying and pasting what the court reporter reported:

Cy Walsh has been found not guilty of the murder of father Phil Walsh by reason of mental incompetence.

The 27-year-old pleaded not guilty to the stabbing murder of his father at the family home in Adelaide on July 3, 2015.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:08 pm

Unbelievable!
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:15 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Unbelievable!

You sound surprised.
With today's 'soft' society and the laws that reflect this, it was always going to end this way! :roll:
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2519 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:20 pm

amber_fluid wrote:

You sound surprised.
With today's 'soft' society and the laws that reflect this, it was always going to end this way! :roll:

Nah, not really surprised.. And I agree it was probably going to end like this! But I just hate how people are let off due to mental incompetence due to drug use!! You choose to take drugs and anything after that you should and must be held accountable for!
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:23 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

You sound surprised.

Nah, not really surprised.. And I agree it was probably going to end like this! But I just hate how people are let off due to mental incompetence due to drug use!! You choose to take drugs and anything after that you should and must be held accountable for!

Couldn't agree more.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:34 pm

Wasn't it written that drugs weren't the cause, rather a psychotic episode as a result of schitzophrenia?
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Wedgie » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:35 pm

valleys07 wrote:Wasn't it written that drugs weren't the cause, rather a psychotic episode as a result of schitzophrenia?

Correct
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:38 pm

Wedgie wrote:
valleys07 wrote:Wasn't it written that drugs weren't the cause, rather a psychotic episode as a result of schitzophrenia?

Correct

Yes but we are saying the drugs certainly played some part in this..... Which for some reason is being ignored by the judge.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:39 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

Correct

Yes but we are saying the drugs certainly played some part in this..... Which for some reason is being ignored by the judge.

Drawing a long bow there.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

valleys07
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:41 pm

You think it's ideal for a schitzo to be taking crazy party drugs?
I guess only he knows why he did what he did...... Mental illness or no mental illness aside!
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Gozu » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:41 pm

But he will have to spend the rest of his life in an institution or a long period of time right? It's not like they're just going to let him back out on the street?
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby Booney » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:42 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

Correct

How the actual **** would you know?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:43 pm

Gozu wrote:But he will have to spend the rest of his life in an institution or a long period of time right? It's not like they're just going to let him back out on the street?

F**kin hope not for everyone's sake.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:45 pm

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

Correct

How the actual **** would you know?

That he was taking drugs?
Or
The effect of drugs on a schizophrenic?
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:46 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

Correct

Incorrect
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Gozu » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:00 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Gozu wrote:But he will have to spend the rest of his life in an institution or a long period of time right? It's not like they're just going to let him back out on the street?

F**kin hope not for everyone's sake.

Surely? You can't have someone floating around in society who murdered their father stabbing him 20 times or whatever. What if he flips out at the postie for not bringing him any mail one day or at a random bloke walking down the street who he's sure is reading his thoughts and decides they need to go too.

I'm confused about this judgement there is no question he did it and if you're deemed insane or whatever instead of life/lengthy sentence in prison you get life/lengthy sentence in a mental institution.

I remember that guy here who thought the two guys living next door were clones trying to control his mind or something and he tried to stab them to their death but I think was unsuccessful and still had to spend a few years in an institution and I remember there being uproar about it only being a few years, surely you can't go right on with it stab someone to death and not even given some sort of sentence?

Yeah I'll try to not kill anymore people your honour
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:06 pm

He will spend the rest of his life under what is called a Limiting Term.

A Limiting Term is a court imposed period under mental health supervision which is equivalent to the jail term that a mentally well person would have received.

There is a small possibility that he will be released later in life, if it is deemed acceptable by a doctor. Should that occur, he will be released under supervision with continued treatment.

valleys07
Coach

Postby Grahaml » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:10 pm

Some people are embarassing themselves by highlighting how little they know of the case and how little they know of mental illness. The judge in this case has more experience, education and knowledge. If they come up with a different opinion to you, then I strongly suggest getting more information before disagreeing.

Not all judges get it right, but they do far better than the average forum junkie.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby Gozu » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:13 pm

valleys07 wrote:He will spend the rest of his life under what is called a Limiting Term.

A Limiting Term is a court imposed period under mental health supervision which is equivalent to the jail term that a mentally well person would have received.

There is a small possibility that he will be released later in life, if it is deemed acceptable by a doctor. Should that occur, he will be released under supervision with continued treatment.

Well that's different that's as it should be I was under the impression under supervision of a mental health person meant free but has to check in with them daily or weekly or something. Why haven't they just said he will be going into an institution until deemed acceptable to be released back into society?
Gozu
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:13 pm

Gozu wrote:
valleys07 wrote:He will spend the rest of his life under what is called a Limiting Term.

Well that's different that's as it should be I was under the impression under supervision of a mental health person meant free but has to check in with them daily or weekly or something. Why haven't they just said he will be going into an institution until deemed acceptable to be released back into society?

Because that's a given.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL