Port Adelaide 2016

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Postby MW » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:01 pm

Didn't he just have twins? Can change ones perspective for sure I would think. Pity he probably wont get another chance to see.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:04 pm

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
MW wrote:It was an honest query! I retract the statement.

Thank you, IMO Mitch Clark has made an absolute mockery of the system and should never have been allowed to go to the Cattery.

Quite the contrary, I believe the Cats should be commended for giving him another opportunity at the highest level. It's a shame his demons have taken control of his life to the extent it has changed his career path. No different for people out of the limelight of the media either. I hope he one day gets the upper hand, I'm not sure he'll ever "win", just being in front would be great for him and people close to him.

I don't see how his condition prevented him from playing for Melbourne but was able to suit up for Geelong.

I'm not a doctor nor will I pretend to know anything about his case, just from a neutral observer I didn't see it as right.

Perhaps you are right and I should keep my opinions to myself.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby heater31 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:24 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
MW wrote:It was an honest query! I retract the statement.

Thank you, IMO Mitch Clark has made an absolute mockery of the system and should never have been allowed to go to the Cattery.

Quite the contrary, I believe the Cats should be commended for giving him another opportunity at the highest level. It's a shame his demons have taken control of his life to the extent it has changed his career path. No different for people out of the limelight of the media either. I hope he one day gets the upper hand, I'm not sure he'll ever "win", just being in front would be great for him and people close to him.

I don't see how his condition prevented him from playing for Melbourne but was able to suit up for Geelong.

I'm not a doctor nor will I pretend to know anything about his case, just from a neutral observer I didn't see it as right.

Perhaps you are right and I should keep my opinions to myself.

From memory he still had 'dark' patches at Geelong. Sadly it has been other injuries that have robbed him of playing regular footy.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:24 pm

Booney wrote:Melbourne are still Melbourne, fickle above the shoulders and they'll need another couple of solid years to shake that. Collingwood are vastly over rated and Buckley isn't much chop and Fremantle are hoping Sandilands and Fyfe change their whole sides fortunes.

If Melbourne can beat 5hit teams next year no way you finish above them. Despite the Carlton and Essendon results I believe the Demons are on the right track. Hibberd and Lewis pretty handy ins as well for them.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby UK Fan » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:15 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
Booney wrote:Melbourne are still Melbourne, fickle above the shoulders and they'll need another couple of solid years to shake that. Collingwood are vastly over rated and Buckley isn't much chop and Fremantle are hoping Sandilands and Fyfe change their whole sides fortunes.

If Melbourne can beat 5hit teams next year no way you finish above them. Despite the Carlton and Essendon results I believe the Demons are on the right track. Hibberd and Lewis pretty handy ins as well for them.

regards,

REB

Plus Melksham.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:45 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:

regards,

REB

They've got bigger, longer standing issues above the shoulders than we do.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby UK Fan » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:43 pm

Booney wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:

regards,

REB

Big call from a club that used at the end of 2015 season "we couldn't handle the expectation of making finals"as it's excuse for failing to make finals
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:49 pm

Booney wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:

regards,

REB

What could be bigger than a 119 point flogging?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:54 am

daysofourlives wrote:

40 years of having your head up your own arse.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:11 am

Port's commitment to the NT now over?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:23 am

Dutchy wrote:Port's commitment to the NT now over?

I would doubt it, I'm sure our cultural programs are still running. The games we played we were the away team, so it was Melbourne or the Bulldogs selling home games, we went along for the ride.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:33 am

daysofourlives wrote:
Booney wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:

regards,

REB

The other 14 teams must've been pretty shit then if Port was the 2nd best side that year, Port shouldn't have even made the finals that year.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:44 am

6 wins under 10 points that year, Lightning, that's what got us to second spot.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:32 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:The other 14 teams must've been pretty shit then if Port was the 2nd best side that year, Port shouldn't have even made the finals that year.

I reckon the lowest you can put Port in 2007 was third. Maybe Collingwood ahead of them. West Coast weren't fit and Hawthorn were too green. I reckon Roos top four is more flakey than Port in the Grand Final that year. Port beat Hawthorn in Tassie and Geelong in Geelong that year. Just because they failed in the Granny doesn't make them shite.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon May 31, 2021 4:17 pm

Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:I reckon Amon looks OK and worth persisting with.

He's one right on the edge, I think and one of the blokes I point the finger at for not working hard enough in both directions. Several players who have been on the list for a while have been given opportunities this year to grab a spot and make it theirs.

Byrne-Jones the stand out, came in and hasn't missed a beat. Austin, who I really rate as a developing key defender has been solid without being spectacular.

Ah Chee, Clurey, Amon, Neade, Toumpas, Sam Gray and to a lesser extent the known Mitchell and Butcher. None of them have been able, other than DBJ, to come in and make it impossible to be dropped. Clurey probably held his spot with Carlile, Hombsch and Jonas injured and Trengove rucking, although he, Clurey, has been ok but under duress from the shit skills of those up the ground.

I think Amon, Sam Gray and Ah Chee would be available if anyone came along with a second or third rounder for us.

I vaguely remembered a discussion a while back around Amon and just found it, shows how far Amon has come when you look at some of the names he was being compared to who have now gone.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 31, 2021 4:19 pm

Dutchy wrote:
I vaguely remembered a discussion a while back around Amon and just found it, shows how far Amon has come when you look at some of the names he was being compared to who have now gone.

Dutchy the talent scout, nice darts mate.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon May 31, 2021 4:23 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:

He's one right on the edge, I think and one of the blokes I point the finger at for not working hard enough in both directions. Several players who have been on the list for a while have been given opportunities this year to grab a spot and make it theirs.

Byrne-Jones the stand out, came in and hasn't missed a beat. Austin, who I really rate as a developing key defender has been solid without being spectacular.

Ah Chee, Clurey, Amon, Neade, Toumpas, Sam Gray and to a lesser extent the known Mitchell and Butcher. None of them have been able, other than DBJ, to come in and make it impossible to be dropped. Clurey probably held his spot with Carlile, Hombsch and Jonas injured and Trengove rucking, although he, Clurey, has been ok but under duress from the shit skills of those up the ground.

I think Amon, Sam Gray and Ah Chee would be available if anyone came along with a second or third rounder for us.

Was on the trade table in 2019 as well, come along in leaps and bounds.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon May 31, 2021 8:22 pm

Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:

Was on the trade table in 2019 as well, come along in leaps and bounds.
It's an absolute credit to him on how much he has improved. Do you guys think he is the most improved player in the competition?
Last edited by The Dark Knight on Mon May 31, 2021 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Dutchy » Mon May 31, 2021 8:46 pm

His uncontested possession average has gone from 11-12 per game to 18 this season, probably a mixture of his fitness/endurance and also being a good fit to play that style of game with the inside bulls Port have, he is the perfect modern winger.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Dirty dog » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:01 am

I’m one that has to eat humble pie about Amon, did not rate him at all.Amon can thank Jared Polec for the opportunity week in week out when he left.
What would he be worth at North now given what we know about how much Polec got/getting?
Dirty dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL