Booney wrote:You'll need some new strides after this! :lol:

B - Lachie Hansen, Josh Gibson, Jimmy Bartel
HB - Nick Malceski, Daniel Merrett, Jarrad McVeigh
C - Bacher Houli, Chris Masten, Nathan Jones
HF - Daniel Wells, Jarryd Roughhead, Justin Westhoff
F - Gary Ablett, Josk Kennedy, Charlie Dixon

R - Max Gawn, Kade Simpson, Callan Ward

Int - Jake Stringer, Taylor Walker, Eddie Betts, Joe Daniher

How about a team from the past? (apologies to those I missed but this is off the top of my head)

B - Zanotti Doull Gastev
HB - Klomp Leslie Malthouse
C - Dippa Matthews Matera
HF - Ablett Knights Lyon
F - Blight Dunstall Quinlan

R - Madden Akkermanis Tuck

INT - Taylor Merrett Jess White

Madden must have just pipped out big John Ironmonger

I can't believe you left out Stephen McCann & David Ackerly.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5459 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Postby RustyCage » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:54 pm

Bloody Westhoff, skipping training to stand in front of the mirror admiring his beard, running his fingers through it, gently stroking it.

Damn beard stopping him playing footy. Weighs his down so he can't run as fast. Wind blows it in front of his eyes when trying to take a mark. Evil thing
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:58 pm

marbles wrote:
Booney wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:[quote="Rik E Boy"]Booney defending Westhoff. Funny stuff. Only O'Bree and maybe Rocca would have Westhoff covered as worst 200 gamer ever.

regards,

REB

And the Dish, or does he not qualify because he made it to 300?

Forgot about him. He's really struggling at the moment isn't he? Still a better player than me though. :D

regards,

REB

Michael Firrito, Tim Notting, Ryan Houlihan, Josh Fraser, Brant Stanton, Shaun McManus, Antoni Grover, Darren Gaspar, Jason Blake, Michael Braun...all played at least 200 more AFL/VFL games than the blokes taking pot shots from here....

dale lewis?

in all essence without waiting for someone to provoke me i will just say it

if westhoff was not in AFL and just had a regular job like the rest of us that ridiculous beard would not exist!

i think its an absolute disgrace that a man has the opportunity most of us could ever dream of - to play AFL footy, and he instead is putting his VANITY first and growing that ridiculous thing being more focused more worried about what he looks like on the tv with that stupid creature (beard) instead of putting the mirror away and just focusing on being a footballer in the highest stage possible

did we notice how trengrove terminated and removed his own creature growth (beard) now suddenly in recent he has become a consistent highly regarded member of the team?

VANITY is a disgrace - it is football first and only. And westoff's $500,000 a year is not to enable him to do wonderful creations in front of the bathroom mirror and to come out & show it to the nation every week on tv

get rid of it Justin[/quote]

You haven't worked with a scientist or engineer before have you.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby marbles » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:13 pm

just cos i believe he would be more focused without his 50 centimetre long luscious over growth of pubic hair

still makes him shit with or without the beard.
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby Grahaml » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:15 pm

Yep. History in sport is littered with blokes who shaved off facial hair and became better players for it. I'm sure Marbles will happily kick that list off with a few undeniable examples of this.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby marbles » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:20 pm

Grahaml wrote:Yep. History in sport is littered with blokes who shaved off facial hair and became better players for it. I'm sure Marbles will happily kick that list off with a few undeniable examples of this.

trengrove
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Spargo » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:23 pm

marbles wrote:
Grahaml wrote:Yep. History in sport is littered with blokes who shaved off facial hair and became better players for it. I'm sure Marbles will happily kick that list off with a few undeniable examples of this.

trengrove

Troy Makepeace...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5459 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby marbles » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:25 pm

donald dickie - decides to run out in a final with a mowawk - vanity much?

westoff - runs around with a 50cm over growth of pubic hair on his chin - vanity much?

boak - has a website in his own name, for he is now an icon, a logo, this is not a footballer anymore, he is an industry. soon theyll have an electorate in his name, and a department minister for the electorate of boak - vanity much?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby marbles » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:28 pm

robbie grey u notice has a new haircut everyweek! cant let his number 1 trim get to a number 2 on tv - australia would be petrified!

vanity much
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby MatteeG » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:33 pm

LOL if we are throwing stones Marbles then Bryce Gibbs needs the clippers out STAT
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:25 pm

Spargo wrote:
marbles wrote:

trengrove

Troy Makepeace...

I had to google him as I couldn't remember him.
His Wikipedia profile shows his main highlights as being on family feud recently. :D
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Grahaml » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:44 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Spargo wrote:
marbles wrote:

trengrove

Troy Makepeace...

I had to google him as I couldn't remember him.
His Wikipedia profile shows his main highlights as being on family feud recently. :D

Hardly an inspiring list of players, is it? Lol. Pretty emphatic proof that marbles is either baiting a hook or off his medication.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:52 pm

:lol:
He is amusing though which makes it more enjoyable too read :D
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby marbles » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:31 pm

When youre more worried about how pretty u look than getting the job done u got problems

Remember when westhoff was good. And the 'hoff' was the big draw card, what was a significant difference between him then and him now.... am open to any creative answers :D including that massive platypus hanging from his chin
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:14 pm

marbles wrote:When youre more worried about how pretty u look than getting the job done u got problems

Remember when westhoff was good. And the 'hoff' was the big draw card, what was a significant difference between him then and him now.... am open to any creative answers :D including that massive platypus hanging from his chin

you might be the only one worrying about how pretty westhoff looks.

PS how is Max Gawn going this year? Probably the all australian ruckman
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby marbles » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:54 pm

bennymacca wrote:
marbles wrote:When youre more worried about how pretty u look than getting the job done u got problems

you might be the only one worrying about how pretty westhoff looks.

PS how is Max Gawn going this year? Probably the all australian ruckman

you seem like youre about to cry or something. like im hurting u so deeply

i believe that boy will be better off without that 2 year growth of pubic hair on his chin, and his footballing performances will be better focused with it subconsciously gone. im sorry you dont agree with my opinion but i dont really care how u feel. so go cry somewhere else with your inadequacies

i do however care for port adelaide and i would like to see westhoff flourishing rather than having every expert opposition supporter calling him the worst 200 game player in history.

if it is being grown to commemorate the death of his team mate in vegas, then its time he stops sacrificing himself as a memorial for the guy and getting on to playing the best for he can play. which currently is way way off the mark..... is the beard his burden, is he carrying it as the grief he has for his lost mate, or is it just a vanity self absorbing ego trip for the tv cameras. either way it has to go IMO
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby marbles » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:22 pm

Port are favourites against richmond?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:29 pm

Booney wrote:You'll need some new strides after this! :lol:

B - Lachie Hansen, Josh Gibson, Jimmy Bartel
HB - Nick Malceski, Daniel Merrett, Jarrad McVeigh
C - Bacher Houli, Chris Masten, Nathan Jones
HF - Daniel Wells, Jarryd Roughhead, Justin Westhoff
F - Gary Ablett, Josk Kennedy, Charlie Dixon

R - Max Gawn, Kade Simpson, Callan Ward

Int - Jake Stringer, Taylor Walker, Eddie Betts, Joe Daniher

VANITY!
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby Grahaml » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:39 pm

I can't imagine anyone wondering about how they look when they're playing footy. In fact, I reckon if you're keen on looking pretty then playing footy with a beard is the last thing you want to do. Seen any actions pics of blokes with beards? Not many going to get a job as a model from that. Remember playing footy takes about 2 hours of their week. Westhoff is coming up to 200 games so 400 hours of playing footy. In a decade. Plenty of hours left over for grooming. Your point, while somewhat amusing, is just idiotic.

As for Westhoff's form, he's always likely to be up and down based on how his midfield goes. I think Port have actually had a long history of misusing him. He's a running mobile type with a good leap, massive tank and reads the play as well as just about anyway. Yet they always seem to want to use him as a target. Blokes like Dixon make great target men because they love the contest. Westhoff is best as a bloke you let roam around where he can run onto the ball and use space.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Postby marbles » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:15 am

Grahaml wrote:I can't imagine anyone wondering about how they look when they're playing footy. In fact, I reckon if you're keen on looking pretty then playing footy with a beard is the last thing you want to do. Seen any actions pics of blokes with beards? Not many going to get a job as a model from that. Remember playing footy takes about 2 hours of their week. Westhoff is coming up to 200 games so 400 hours of playing footy. In a decade. Plenty of hours left over for grooming. Your point, while somewhat amusing, is just idiotic.

As for Westhoff's form, he's always likely to be up and down based on how his midfield goes. I think Port have actually had a long history of misusing him. He's a running mobile type with a good leap, massive tank and reads the play as well as just about anyway. Yet they always seem to want to use him as a target. Blokes like Dixon make great target men because they love the contest. Westhoff is best as a bloke you let roam around where he can run onto the ball and use space.

Oh so its the clubs fault that the boys decision making and work rate out there is piss poor?

Im all for hunger and endeavour but that boy is a sleeping potato out there with plenty of ongoing everyday energy however to present himself with a ridiculous facial experiment to skittle people, maybe instead he could use that energy towards winning football matches

Look into your own soul and consider your reasonings as to why you yourself might grow such a stupid thing and then consider if such vanity is really appropriate whilst being within your once in a lifetime opportunity to be a member of an afl football club
marbles
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL