North Melbourne

Talk on the national game

Re: North Melbourne

Postby Dutchy » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:25 pm

There has never been a full day of cricket in NZ without a wicket, about to happen here
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:29 pm

Dutchy wrote:There has never been a full day of cricket in NZ without a wicket, about to happen here

In North Melbourne? :shock: :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Dutchy » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:33 pm

haha, tryng to post and watch/trade a test match is prone to mistakes!
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby whufc » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:26 am

valleys07 wrote:Reports now surfacing that Majak Daw attempted suicide by jumping from the Bolte Bridge overnight.

Fell 25m and is now in hospital with a broken hip.

Horrible news. Hopefully he can get the help he needs, both physically and mentally.

Talk fellas - 13 11 14.

Edit- just saw Wedgie's post.

Very sad indeed and hopefully he recovers.

It shows the full scope of mental health. This is a kid who was born in a third world country with literally nothing, moves to Australia and has the opportunity to live the 'Australian Dream' of all youngsters but still battles mental demons.

This is a lesson that everyone is susceptible to mental health. Always ask R U Ok.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby MW » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:11 am

How's the f.wit ambulance chasers Tom Browne and Mark Stevens reporting on this before it was public....always need to be first with these c.nts
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Booney » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:17 am

MW wrote:How's the f.wit ambulance chasers Tom Browne and Mark Stevens reporting on this before it was public....always need to be first with these c.nts

Mark Stevens rivals Scott Morrison as the biggest brown noser in the country. He is an absolute flog of a human.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:34 am

MW wrote:How's the f.wit ambulance chasers Tom Browne and Mark Stevens reporting on this before it was public....always need to be first with these c.nts

Yeah they are getting smashed on twitter, deservingly so too, very poor form.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Spangas » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:05 am

whufc wrote:
valleys07 wrote:Reports now surfacing that Majak Daw attempted suicide by jumping from the Bolte Bridge overnight.

Fell 25m and is now in hospital with a broken hip.

Horrible news. Hopefully he can get the help he needs, both physically and mentally.

Talk fellas - 13 11 14.

Edit- just saw Wedgie's post.

Very sad indeed and hopefully he recovers.

It shows the full scope of mental health. This is a kid who was born in a third world country with literally nothing, moves to Australia and has the opportunity to live the 'Australian Dream' of all youngsters but still battles mental demons.

This is a lesson that everyone is susceptible to mental health. Always ask R U Ok.

Yes, poor bugger.
Wouldn't have helped being dragged through the Courts for years over sexual assault allegations. Guilty until proven innocent as usual.
I apologise.
Spangas
Under 16s

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 103 times

Postby Spargo » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:56 pm

Can someone pls post Mark Knight’s cartoon from today’s Herald Sun.
Bought a tear to my eye...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby DOC » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:45 pm

image.jpg
image.jpg (32.26 KiB) Viewed 4735 times
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:47 pm

Powerful!
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:57 pm

Wow.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby stan » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:38 pm

Great work there. Strong message
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:39 pm

North Melbourne is investigating after Kangaroos defender Marley Williams was allegedly involved in a nightclub scuffle.
Williams, 25, is believed to have been at South Melbourne’s Albion Rooftop when two men had an altercation just before 2am on Sunday.

Police were called to the venue, partly owned by former Collingwood teammate Dane Swan, and spoke to a 23-year-old man with minor injuries who didn’t wish to make a formal statement.

A 25-year-old man was briefly arrested before being released and handed a fine being drunk in a public place.

Williams later told investigators he intervened after his friend was headbutted, the Herald Sun reports.

The report said the 103-game veteran with the Kangaroos and Magpies suffered a cut lip and claimed he was struck first before leaving the venue straight after the incident.

It’s understood the Kangaroos plan to make a statement on Wednesday afternoon.

It’s not the first time Williams has had issues with police.

In 2014, the then-Collingwood player received a 12-month suspended sentence after a jury found him guilty of causing grievous bodily harm to a man outside a nightclub in his hometown of Albany, Western Australia.

However, Williams told the court he’d been provoked prior to breaking the man’s jaw in the 2012 assault.

Williams played 68 games for the Magpies before being traded to the Kangaroos ahead of the 2017 season.

The small backman has since added another 35 games to his tally, which included playing all 22 matches for the Roos in 2018.

Williams is contracted to North until the end of this year.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby DOC » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:46 am

Watching the North/St kilda game, the commentator says something like Williams is playing well but will not be playing round one.

Has he been suspended?
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:54 am

He did have an pub incident in January so maybe club suspension from that?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Spargo » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:20 pm

Great scenes at Arden St today with Majak Daw on the running machine.
Robbo on AFL 360 said he’s setting himself for a return in June. It would be some sort of return, I had strong doubts he’d play again.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Dutchy » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:17 am

Spargo wrote:Great scenes at Arden St today with Majak Daw on the running machine.
Robbo on AFL 360 said he’s setting himself for a return in June. It would be some sort of return, I had strong doubts he’d play again.

Just brilliant, just seeing Majak smiling is so powerful, get the feeling there is a reason he survived and his story will be used for good going forward.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:22 pm

NORTH Melbourne coach Brad Scott has conceded he may have made "a bit of an error" in selecting all of his key recruits within the first three rounds of the season.

Jared Polec, Jasper Pittard, Aaron Hall, Dom Tyson and impressive draftee Bailey Scott played in the season-opening loss to Fremantle, while Tom Campbell and top-10 pick Tarryn Thomas broke in since then.

The Kangaroos have blown strong starts the past fortnight to sit 0-3, which Scott admitted was "not ideal", ahead of a must-win clash with Adelaide on Marvel Stadium on Saturday night.

Scott forecast a return for midfield bull Jed Anderson, who resumed from a hamstring injury in the VFL last weekend, and hinted there could be more changes on top of that.

Defender Sam Wright and last week's match-day emergency Paul Ahern are others in the mix to come in.

"It's probably taken a little bit longer for us to jell as a team than I anticipated," the coach told reporters on Wednesday.

"Bringing in seven or so players … I thought that we could bring them together a little bit quicker than we have, so I've still got, in conjunction with our coaches, some work to do on that.

"I don't think we can accelerate it any more than just keep on working on our education and how we want to play (and) reinforcing the positives, but also holding everyone accountable to the way we want to play…

"As I said, that's been, in hindsight, a bit of an error on my behalf, because I probably brought them all in at the same time, because I anticipated that we could jell a lot quicker."

Mason Wood is also set to be named in the North squad if he sufficiently recovers from the calf tightness that ended his night before half-time in the VFL last Saturday night.

Wood is one of the options, along with third-year forward Nick Larkey, to come in and help support Ben Brown, with Tom Campbell's position looking shaky.

Brown received criticism this week for his reduced output going back to round 18 last season, as well as for his perceived lack of defensive pressure.

"(Todd) Goldstein's a high game time ruckman and he plays his best when he plays that way," Scott said.

"We've got to weigh up, 'Do we get more benefit in the ruck versus a genuine key forward to support Browny?'.

"I wish I had an absolute black and white answer on that, but the truth is I'm still trying to work on the mix myself, so we've got some work to do.

"We'll potentially continue to tinker with the side until we click, but … we've got more options available to us, arguably, than we've had in a very long time, we've just got to get that mix right."

Scott said defending better was a priority, especially from clearance losses, which has been a weakness for North Melbourne so far.

Making that area more urgent is the fact the Crows rank No.2 for scores from stoppages.

"The reality is 0-3 is not ideal – far from – so we've handicapped ourselves so far this season," he said.

"But we feel like when we focus on the facts of our game and the areas that we know we can do better, we think we're more capable than our results are showing.

"But even in-game, we put ourselves in two winning positions and we've been really disappointed we've let both Brisbane and Hawthorn off the hook."
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:25 am

I actually think our new players have been the better players in our games so far (although I didn't see the Freo game). Bailey Scott is a gun and a bit like Rozee has started his AFL career like he was born to make it at the level.
Dutchy
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL