PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Re: North Melbourne

Postby Brodlach » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:55 pm

So on that North are a terrible tackling team?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Booney » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:01 pm

Polecs foot Wub....errr, Dutchy?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:48 am

Booney wrote:Nice Wubbsy, nice.

"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:38 am

See Curtis Taylor yesterday Spargo?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:20 pm

Our club has been in the news lately, and while the reason was completely out of our control and unfortunate in the current climate, it’s been truly pleasing to see the overwhelming response from our members and supporters, and even those not associated directly with the club, who have come out to support us.

We can always count on members to stand up for the club in times of need and I hope you also know we are always there for you too.

We want to thank each and every one of you out there flying the flag and letting your voice be heard whether it be through social media or other means.

Regardless of who is saying what and why, we must realise we are all in a fight for survival right now, and the league itself is facing an unprecedented challenge to come out of the shutdown with enough strength and wherewithal to continue on.

While we’re extremely confident we will all withstand the damage being inflicted upon us by COVID-19, now is not the time to be talking about mergers, relocations and vulnerable clubs – we are all at risk and must come together to fight for the existence of our game as we once knew it.

The AFL industry, clubs, players, staff, members, supporters, sponsors and partners, led admirably by the AFL, are all doing their bit to protect the game we love. The level of unity and spirit is unprecedented and is something we can draw strength from to pull through.

We must also not lose sight of what’s most important in these uncertain times, and that is the health and wellbeing of each other, our families and loved ones.

We also want to highlight our partnership with Tasmania and the great football-loving community there. We have been playing games in Hobart since 2012 and have enjoyed a tremendous relationship with the people, the government and our partners such as Spirit of Tasmania.

Our discussions with Tasmanian premiers have always been about ensuring we’re providing top-line football content with the men’s and women’s competitions, creating talent pathways through our Next Generation Academy, helping to boost the economy and getting out to the community via the numerous schools programs we run and community camps we hold.

We can’t afford to allow ourselves to be side-tracked by outside noise and negativity. The Board and executive are working overtime to secure our future, as is the case for all clubs and many other sporting teams across most codes.

We are not alone in this. Our club is hurting, but so too are the businesses of hundreds of thousands of Australians across the country.

We have been around for more than 150-years and we will be around for another 150-years and more. Our club was built on resilience and an insatiable desire to succeed. Adversity has never stopped us before and it won’t stop us now – it will only make us stronger.

Whether it be world conflicts, great depressions, financial crises, or attempted mergers and relocations,we have survived all that has been thrown at us and we will prosper once again.

For more than a decade, we have run a lean, efficient and productive club. Thanks to our loyal members and partners, we have been able to reduce our once crippling debt of around $9 million down to just $650k. If it wasn’t for this recent event, we had planned to be debt free by the end of this financial year. In this time, we have posted eleven profits in the past twelve years, we have redeveloped our facility not once, but twice, invested more into our football department than ever before, and retained all of our star players.

One thing we know, is that we wouldn’t be in this position without our amazingly loyal members, coteries and sponsors like our major partner Mazda.

History tells us the challenges we are facing can only be overcome with the right amount of passion, backing and unconditional support – and we are lucky to have all that in abundance.

Thank you from all of us,

Ben Buckley Ben Amarfio
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Spargo » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:27 am

Caro’s fixation on the North Melbourne Football Club is nothing new.
“I’m hearing from numerous club executives blah blah blah. I’m hearing from lower down at AFL House blah blah blah”...
Rinse & repeat.
No footy being played, not many off field stories around, roll out this ol’ chestnut.
Our financial position whilst continually on the improve, still remains precarious. No one’s denying that. There are numerous clubs however, in a worse position financially than us. This often gets overlooked/ignored as it doesn’t suit certain agendas.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Dutchy » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:50 am

Amen, especially when a couple of clubs, including one in this town, are mortgaged to the AFL cause they can't get finance via banks.

JB's focus of removing the $9m debt to very little now gives us some wriggle room when we need it, would have been very scary if we didn't do this.

Caro is slowly getting more and more exposed, I actually used to like her commentary, but she has lost it over the last couple of years.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby JK » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:49 am

I actually don’t mind Caro, but you’d think someone at Arden St had kicked her dog or something because she’s been going after them for years
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby David Brent » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:13 am

Dutchy wrote:Amen, especially when a couple of clubs, including one in this town, are mortgaged to the AFL cause they can't get finance via banks.

JB's focus of removing the $9m debt to very little now gives us some wriggle room when we need it, would have been very scary if we didn't do this.

Caro is slowly getting more and more exposed, I actually used to like her commentary, but she has lost it over the last couple of years.

I think Caro is still one of the best in the business. I know she goes after North but I highly doubt she's making it all up, there must be some truth to it whether that's just small small rumblings at this stage.

Genuine question if Tassie were to get a team up & running in the future this would be the end to North's agreement with Government you would presume. Where would this leave your club financially without that precious income?
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 161 times

Postby Spargo » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:17 am

David Brent wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Amen, especially when a couple of clubs, including one in this town, are mortgaged to the AFL cause they can't get finance via banks.

I think Caro is still one of the best in the business. I know she goes after North but I highly doubt she's making it all up, there must be some truth to it whether that's just small small rumblings at this stage.

Genuine question if Tassie were to get a team up & running in the future this would be the end to North's agreement with Government you would presume. Where would this leave your club financially without that precious income?

No doubt it would affect our bottom line, but I think a stand alone team out of Tassie is many, many years away - if at all.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Dutchy » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:59 pm

David Brent wrote:

If she is not making it up, then come out with something a bit more substantial than "I'm hearing". Her hate of North is when she wrote articles saying we were going to the GC and then when we didn't she doubled down and said we wouldn't survive in Melbourne.

It would hurt, but then you get those games back in Melbourne so its not a complete loss of income, esp with AFL now owning Marvel.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Jim05 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:07 pm

No club is any immediate danger of folding, merging or relocating.
I think it will be in 5-6 years when we may see something happen as the $600m loan needs to be repaid and there will be a tightening of the purse strings at AFL house. St Kilda in the most serious strife IMO
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Dutchy » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:34 pm

Sack Caro....

Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby DOC » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:06 pm

The Age accepts that North are denying it?

I see that Ron Joseph has come out today and said that the North are in the AFL's sights to be relocated to Tasmania.

The Tasmanian group that has put the business case for their own side has said they do not wan't any club relocated.

18 is too many and Tasmania must have a side.

North's debt I would have thought was quite small in the overall scheme.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby stan » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:58 pm

Dutchy wrote:Sack Caro....

Isn't she stepping down or semi retired or something like that?
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Corona Man » Sun May 03, 2020 6:32 pm

Junk Yard Dog under arrest.... what for, buggered if I know!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby LMA » Sun May 03, 2020 7:18 pm

Corona Man wrote:Junk Yard Dog under arrest.... what for, buggered if I know!

Unregistered and not micro-chipped.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby locky801 » Sun May 03, 2020 7:28 pm

Corona Man wrote:Junk Yard Dog under arrest.... what for, buggered if I know!

All thats being said is on multiple charges and he did not apply for bail
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL