2016 Silly Season, Trades and Rumours and utter BS

Talk on the national game

Re: 2016 Silly Season, Trades and Rumours and utter BS

Postby Brodlach » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:16 pm

Bandit wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
MW wrote:Only just noticed Port traded away a top 10 pick for 14 (plus other swaps)...looking forward to who Sydney pick at 9 now!

Obviously Sydney believe they need to get to 9 to get their played they have ID'd and Port believe there's will be there at 14.

Yeah and considering Crows have pick 13 it doesn't look like a SA lad otherwise the crows would get him? Just thought it was a bit strange to drop behind the crows in the draft considering that SA player scenario.

Simular when the Crows swapped picks 10 and 13 with Geelong. Crows got Lever and Geelong got Cockatoo
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Booney » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:21 pm

Melbourne delist Dawes, Newton and two Neville Nobodys.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby MW » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:54 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Bandit wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
MW wrote:Only just noticed Port traded away a top 10 pick for 14 (plus other swaps)...looking forward to who Sydney pick at 9 now!

Obviously Sydney believe they need to get to 9 to get their played they have ID'd and Port believe there's will be there at 14.

Yeah and considering Crows have pick 13 it doesn't look like a SA lad otherwise the crows would get him? Just thought it was a bit strange to drop behind the crows in the draft considering that SA player scenario.

Simular when the Crows swapped picks 10 and 13 with Geelong. Crows got Lever and Geelong got Cockatoo

And wasn't that a media (advertiser) circus for the first 6 months
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2602 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:19 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
marbles wrote:Port only had like 1 pick in the top 45 or something to start with

Now they got 4 in the first 31 picks theyve done well

No they didn't, they had picks 9, 19, 30 & 49.

They now have 14, 17, 30 & 31.

I just put those numbers on keno, wish me luck!

Any good?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby cracka » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:40 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
cracka wrote: At the end of the day for a club of Adelaides size, it's support, its finances, it's 10 out and out home games a year etc to not play in a GF in 18 years is nothing short of an embarrassment and an out and out failure

Other clubs have had longer droughts, Central Districts for example.

It's an easy shot you've taken, Cracka but the point was not that they've not won premierships, but they've had the resources to do so and haven't achieved the ultimate.[/quote]
We've had the same resources all the other clubs have who also haven't achieved a flag recently. This obsession with the crows having the 2nd longest GF drought is laughable. What's worse, not winning a flag for 30 years but have played in a losing GF or actually having played in a winning GF within the last 20 years.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 460 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Wedgie » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:09 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
marbles wrote:Port only had like 1 pick in the top 45 or something to start with

Now they got 4 in the first 31 picks theyve done well

No they didn't, they had picks 9, 19, 30 & 49.

They now have 14, 17, 30 & 31.

I just put those numbers on keno, wish me luck!

Any good?

Nup :(
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby carey » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:54 pm

Dutchy wrote:

100% correct one would think Dutch.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2806 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby kneedeepinthehoopla » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:35 pm

MW wrote:Biggest issue with Gibbs was he is worth X, Crows offered Carlton X + gravy as he is contracted, but Carlton wanted X plus the farm cause they are bitter about him wanting to leave.
Pretty simple to understand to most people except those who want to see the negative in how the Crows did it.

Bitter??!
What seems "simple to understand" is that folk like you are the only bitter ones here. Adelaide had every opportunity to employ Bryce but chose not to, and I think for people to see what Adelaide did as a negative would mean that Adelaide actually did something. My feel is that Adelaide were too sure they would get Gibbs.
kneedeepinthehoopla
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 54 times

Postby therisingblues » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:45 pm

I agree Kneedeep. First thing they did was blab to the media. Probably thought that would pressure Carlton and force their hand, it should've all been so easy.
Carlton were possibly in negotiations with Gibbs, can't say for sure, but obviously the Crow media tactic pissed them off greatly. Can't help but think the Blues have strengthened their hand for future trades.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby clanger » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:43 pm

kneedeepinthehoopla wrote:
MW wrote:Biggest issue with Gibbs was he is worth X, Crows offered Carlton X + gravy as he is contracted, but Carlton wanted X plus the farm cause they are bitter about him wanting to leave.
Pretty simple to understand to most people except those who want to see the negative in how the Crows did it.

Bitter??!
What seems "simple to understand" is that folk like you are the only bitter ones here. Adelaide had every opportunity to employ Bryce but chose not to, and I think for people to see what Adelaide did as a negative would mean that Adelaide actually did something. My feel is that Adelaide were too sure they would get Gibbs.

no need to get upset and are you trying to say Carlton were not upset with Byrce requesting a trade so late because i think every club would be in this scenario and before you go nuts at me i totally understand the position Carlton took because i would want Adelaide to do exactly the same in this situation.
clanger
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 15 times

Postby therisingblues » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:14 pm

People must either nuts or bitter to question Adelaide's sense of entitlement it seems.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby MW » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:28 pm

kneedeepinthehoopla wrote:

Bitter??!

You don't think Carlton were bitter about Gibbs requesting a trade?
MW
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:43 pm

As a lifelong Blues supporter I'm torn. Part of me is really happy the deal didn't go ahead because 1. we stuck to our guns. last year we didn't with Yarran. 2. he was contracted, so we did need to trade hardball. 3. he stays a blue.

BUT, if Carlton knew he needed to go home because of serious health conditions relating to his wife, then there is a duty of care as an employer to allow him to go home.

So, the washup is that he stays. If he plays well this year, the Crows will know they're in for another battle at trade time, although they also know that with only two years on his contract, and being 29, the Blues will be more likely to trade with a first and second rounder, if that. If he doesn't play well, then obviously it'll be less than a first and second rounder.

I can't see this going well to be honest. If his mind isn't on the job (and let's face it, under Malthouse, it wasn't) then he may well have an ordinary year and the Crows could snaffle him for a second rounder come this time next year.

People slag Gibbs but he's exactly what the Crows need. A solid finisher. When you had Dangerfield, the knock on him was his finishing. He got ball but didn't finish. Gibbs finishes.

Are the same people who slagged the Crows for getting Betts now slagging the reasoning behind trying to get Gibbs?
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby MW » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:59 pm

I think most know Gibbs is a quality player but at 28 next season, he is not worth two 1st rd picks regardless of any contract he is currently in. Blues knew that, and their worst case was they keep him which is fair enough and that's what happened. For their sake, lets hope Gibbs can put it behind him and play good footy as others have in the past when this has happened. BUT if he plays shit or decides to sit out footy, then SOS has a lot of explaining to do to his members considering they had a bloody good offer on the table for him.
Not sure Betts and Gibbs scenarios are worth comparing TBH. Crows offered Betts a free agency contract and Blues didnt match cause they were too invested in Daisy Thomas.
MW
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:17 pm

MW wrote:I think most know Gibbs is a quality player but at 28 next season, he is not worth two 1st rd picks regardless of any contract he is currently in. Blues knew that, and their worst case was they keep him which is fair enough and that's what happened. For their sake, lets hope Gibbs can put it behind him and play good footy as others have in the past when this has happened. BUT if he plays shit or decides to sit out footy, then SOS has a lot of explaining to do to his members considering they had a bloody good offer on the table for him.
Not sure Betts and Gibbs scenarios are worth comparing TBH. Crows offered Betts a free agency contract and Blues didnt match cause they were too invested in Daisy Thomas.

I'm not saying the situations are comparable, I'm having a dig at Crows supporters who weren't happy about going after Betts at 500k or whatever it was a the time, and there were PLENTY. I remember saying to my mates that in a good side with good fowards, he will be a gun, and at 500k (approx) he'll be a gun. He only had Fev to crumb to at Carlton and the delivery wasn't as frequent and good a quality as it could be around Tex and Jerka. Now look at Crows supporters, if they could, they'd pay him a mill a year!

All I was saying is that good players play better in good sides. Gibbs would be that outside gun you're after. In our side, he has to play several roles, not many of them suited to his game style. Oh well, time will tell hey?

Gibbs averaged very good stats in an ordinary side. If he were to play in a good side, get forward of the footy with confidence in your teammates and he could be anything.
gadj1976
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:21 pm

The Crows offered him a 5 year deal so they obviously think he is worth it
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby gadj1976 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:23 pm

Jim05 wrote:The Crows offered him a 5 year deal so they obviously think he is worth it

Gibbs?

They might've offered that but they didn't come to the party for us, so I'm half glad we stood our ground.
gadj1976
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:06 am

Can't believe people are saying it's a failure we didn't get Gibbs. They wanted two bloody first rounders!!

The same people would be on here saying the crows got screwed if we paid that.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby cracka » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:22 am

therisingblues wrote:People must either nuts or bitter to question Adelaide's sense of entitlement it seems.

You know how when a crows supporter goes on the no AFL in the SANFL thread & gets told he "just doesn't get it". This is a case of you just don't get it.
cracka
Veteran

Postby cracka » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:23 am

bennymacca wrote:Can't believe people are saying it's a failure we didn't get Gibbs. They wanted two bloody first rounders!!

The same people would be on here saying the crows got screwed if we paid that.

I cant believe its still being talked about just because its the crows. Any other clubs & its over with :roll:
cracka
Veteran

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL