Finals Week 1

Talk on the national game

Re: Finals Week 1

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:46 am

Booney wrote:
valleys07 wrote:The ears of those at AFL house are probably still ringing after the barrage of abuse directed their way after the Sloane suspension.

Hartigan was never getting weeks. Adelaide fans would have booked a stopover in Melbourne en route to Sydney with sticks of Dynamite.

No chance.....not with flights as expensive as they are! :lol:

I saw something last night that said flights via Melbourne were cheaper than direct flights to Sydney
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Booney » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:54 am

stan wrote:
Wedgie wrote:The Giants aren't contesting Stevie Js suspension. Play on.

Did his job. Took Kennedy out of the game.

And took himself out of the prelim in doing so....
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby Booney » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:56 am

Wedgie wrote:Nat Fyfes was as he was slipping and clumsy, Hartigans was slightly worse as he was on his feet and meant it but having said that I just watched a couple of replays and Hartigans wasn't as severe as I thought, it looked much worse in the pub when I was smashed! I'd give him the benefit of the doubt in hindsight as there wasn't much momentum if any behind it, too much doubt for it to cost a finals game. I'll admit my initial reactions/view on that one was wrong.Dixon's I can't find on YouTube. Stevie J the unlucky bloke of the weekend, too much doubt in my eyes.

They got them both right, IMO. Hartigan was hardly any force, it was Thomas' yearning for an Oscar or Golden Globe that made it look as it did.

Johnson was both unlucky and careless. He, and Kennedy, both read the ball going the right way, problem for Johnson is the ball shot out quicker than both expected and in the end he took his eyes off the ball and onto Kennedy. While some of the vision is unclear it is clear that Johnson had eyes for Kennedy at some point and got him high. Hard to argue with the outcome on that one I think.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:47 pm

MW wrote:IMO it's the change of direction that throws the leg out. He is not deliberately trying to kick him

Some of the comments on here... :lol: :lol:
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby MW » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:49 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
MW wrote:IMO it's the change of direction that throws the leg out. He is not deliberately trying to kick him

Some of the comments on here... :lol: :lol:

I know right
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2610 times
Been liked: 1850 times

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL