Adelaide Crows 2017

Talk on the national game

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

Postby Wedgie » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:56 pm

If anyone wants a photo, autograph or chat with Tony Modra and Chris McDermott they'll be at the Sussex Hotel, Walkerville tonight in the sports/front bar. Not a sportsmans night or anything, just a thing where sales of a keg goes towards charity.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Footy Smart » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:28 pm

Well the lads start their prep for 2017 tonight and im keen to see a few of the blokes last year who played a lot of SANFL due to our lack of injuries step up. In particular -

Harrison Wigg - speed and quality leg, was around the mark last year - think he has plenty to offder
Charlie Cameron - looking for him to be able to spend some more time in the mids and build on a break out season - we need pace and Jets is the man
Wayne Milera Junior - class and pace to burn, would have learnt a lot from his first year.
Curtly Hampton - has all the attributes, got 50 games under his belt already with GWS - his versatility is needed. frees up Smith and Laird off HB or can maybe push into the mids
Troy Menzel - Plenty of talent, just needs to get the organ between the ears working and no injury interruptions. If he can do that, i think he has plenty to offer us.
Dean Gore - make or break year i think for Dean, needs to press a case to play first team footy
Harry Dear - Like what I have seen in the SANFL from the developing big fella.
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:44 pm

The Adelaide Donuts. Good forward line, decent defence, nothing in the middle. Crouch is made of chalk and Sauce and now Sloanedog have had interrupted pre-seasons. I reckon you can always count on Sloane but who is helping out? Will Sauce be ready to go round one? He will be underdone in any event. I thought it was a problem for the Blackbirds last year and it looks to me this hasn't been redressed. Who steps up here?

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby Booney » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:49 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:The Adelaide Donuts. Good forward line, decent defence, nothing in the middle. Crouch is made of chalk and Sauce and now Sloanedog have had interrupted pre-seasons. I reckon you can always count on Sloane but who is helping out? Will Sauce be ready to go round one? He will be underdone in any event. I thought it was a problem for the Blackbirds last year and it looks to me this hasn't been redressed. Who steps up here?

regards,

REB

I reckon they'll want Smith through the middle more, but they'll still be relying on Sloane, Douglas, Thompson and M.Crouch to do the heavy lifting in the middle. Knight and Atkins will be in there more, but more outside as is Cameron, Betts will get squirts in there too. Ellis-Yoleman will want more time in there, perhaps at the expense of Douglas or Thompson. As noted though, not much has changed in the middle for Adelaide, not inside mids anyway, outside will add some toe, inside is what it was last year.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:50 pm

Booney wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:The Adelaide Donuts. Good forward line, decent defence, nothing in the middle. Crouch is made of chalk and Sauce and now Sloanedog have had interrupted pre-seasons. I reckon you can always count on Sloane but who is helping out? Will Sauce be ready to go round one? He will be underdone in any event. I thought it was a problem for the Blackbirds last year and it looks to me this hasn't been redressed. Who steps up here?

regards,

REB

I reckon they'll want Smith through the middle more, but they'll still be relying on Sloane, Douglas, Thompson and M.Crouch to do the heavy lifting in the middle. Knight and Atkins will be in there more, but more outside as is Cameron, Betts will get squirts in there too. Ellis-Yoleman will want more time in there, perhaps at the expense of Douglas or Thompson. As noted though, not much has changed in the middle for Adelaide, not inside mids anyway, outside will add some toe, inside is what it was last year.

Brodie Smith? LMAO.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:51 pm

That is his name, yes. A funny one? Not really.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:53 pm

Booney wrote:That is his name, yes. A funny one? Not really.

It is if he's running round midfield. It's like expecting Mitchell Marsh to bat at six in a test match. Except Smith gets knocked over more often. He'd see less stars if he got a gig at the Oscars.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:03 pm

Yeah it's pretty clear we need big improvement from our second tier mids to take the next step
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Brodlach » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:04 pm

Really looking forward to seeing O'Brien and Poholke playing
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Footy Smart » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:21 pm

Booney wrote:

regards,

REB

I think smith will stay out and maybe laird will head up the ground. As REB nicely put it, Smithers has a glass jaw :D Knight has plenty to offer just had a terrible year with his body last. We can hunt the footy with Crouch and Sloane maybe CYE and Thomo but don't get he inside outside mix right. so that is a must this year.
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Wedgie » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:23 pm

It is really. B Smith, sounds like he's top dog of a women's prison! :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Mickyj » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:55 pm

Wedgie wrote:

It is really. B Smith, sounds like he's top dog of a women's prison! :lol:

Could be worse port Adelaide could steal your surname ie Power .... yes it's been done
Land based Lure Bream Fisherman
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby cracka » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:19 pm

regards,

REB

Pretty spot on summary. I dont see us making finals TBH.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby bennymacca » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:38 am

Was pretty impressed with Hampton wigg Milera tonight. Thought they worked through the midfield well
bennymacca
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:35 am

bennymacca wrote:Was pretty impressed with Hampton wigg Milera tonight. Thought they worked through the midfield well

Wish we wore our home jersey all the time in Melbourne how much better does it look?
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:14 pm

cracka wrote:

regards,

REB

Pretty spot on summary. I dont see us making finals TBH.

You'll make the eight. You won't lose too many at home.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby hawks21 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:56 am

Decent first hit out against the Tigers who definitely played well and wanted the win. (Caddy, Prestia etc keen to impress the new club)
Personally not too fussed about the result, we probably should have won and didn't play that well, Pykey icing up Sauce, Gov and CEY early.
Good to see Andy Otten play well but will struggle to get a game when Lever/Cheney come back in.
Harrison Wigg cleaned up nicely across half back and looked good once he cleaned up his disposal.
Pyke's biggest worry is where he will play Hampton. Looked good for his first proper hit out in a couple of seasons. He's a lock for round 1 in front of Mackay and the likes.
Milera and Cameron showed good signs again and will just continue to improve each game.
REB, wouldn't worry too much about Sloaney, he can still run with a sore cheek and the difference with BCrouch this season is he has a preseason under his belt before getting injured, last 2 seasons he couldn't get running until the start of the season.
I think Pykey might take a bit from the Dogs play book and rotate a lot of blokes through the mids this year. Can't see us sticking with the same 4 inside mids we had every game last year.
hawks21
Reserves

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:58 am

I think necessity dictates we do that though - if we had 4 a-grade mids they would be in there.

But you are right, it has the potential to make us a bit more unpredictable. Need to get some speed through there
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:43 am

Hampton to play wing IMO
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby helicopterking » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:23 am

Ellis Yolmen out for season.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times