Adelaide Crows 2017

Talk on the national game

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

Postby Magellan » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:04 am

bennymacca wrote:I thought they might have shelled out for another years contract, but my predictions have been all at sea lately

He's probably being flooded with offers as we speak.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Corona Man » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:05 am

bennymacca wrote:I thought they might have shelled out for another years contract, but my predictions have been all at sea lately

Yes it's surprising Beech is a gritty character, but I guess he was in and out like the tide. Perhaps Beech will end up playing SANFL, with the bays?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1277 times
Been liked: 3476 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby bennymacca » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:07 am

Toughish draw for the crows, with the double up games from the middle 6 tipped to be the big improvers from that bracket (Port and Melb)

Gotta expect that though so that’s fine.

7 Thursday or Friday night games

Good for me as a season ticket holder too - only two Sunday twilight home games and zero day home games

A couple of Saturday twilight games which I don’t think we have had before.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:21 am

Corona Man wrote:

Yes it's surprising Beech is a gritty character, but I guess he was in and out like the tide. Perhaps Beech will end up playing SANFL, with the bays?

Seen him leaving West Lakes yesterday, he gave a little wave.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Magellan » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:23 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Corona Man wrote:

I think some of the fans were urchin the club to keep him.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby am Bays » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:28 am

Barely a ripple of discontent at him being cast out.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1807 times

Postby JK » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:28 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Corona Man wrote:

A double wave, Martha and the Muffins style?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4457 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:44 am

Well last year it was Shaw, now it's Beech, they're a bit Otten cold when it's close to the water.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Magellan » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:04 am

JK wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Corona Man wrote:

That reference is too far away in time for me to remember.
Magellan
Coach

Postby am Bays » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:10 am

Magellan wrote:
JK wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Yes it's surprising Beech is a gritty character, but I guess he was in and out like the tide. Perhaps Beech will end up playing SANFL, with the bays?

That reference is too far away in time for me to remember.

Just checking into the hotel, so don't tell me the time,
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1807 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:16 am

am Bays wrote:
Just checking into the hotel, so don't tell me the time,

Wrong Martha, but i liked!
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby MW » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:45 am

Picture of Kevin Spaceys Dad on news.com.au...dead set ringer for Tex!
Attachments
tex.JPG
tex.JPG (25.06 KiB) Viewed 467 times
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2590 times
Been liked: 1830 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:04 pm

MW wrote:Picture of Kevin Spaceys Dad on news.com.au...dead set ringer for Tex!

Haha even has the dodgy mo!
bennymacca
Coach

Postby tigerpie » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:46 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
MW wrote:Exactly and that is no doubt what they've all said and rightly so.
You don't tell the people at a job interview you're only interested in using this job as a stepping stone to the next one

Has Paddy written all over it, in capital letters this time.

He's a massive risk!
But seeing as the draft is so pro-victoria, I.e I'm guessing there's 17 of the top 20 draftees, what choice do you have?
I know Victoria has a bigger pool to draw from, but only 1 Adelaide kid is in the best 20?
We obviously can't develop good footballers in SA?
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 500 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby Booney » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:43 am

CHARLIE Cameron says his move to the Lions isn’t just a homecoming but also an escape from the relentless scrutiny his former team the Crows receive in footy mad Adelaide.

The 23-year-old was born in Mt Isa, spent his early years on Mornington Island in the Gulf of Carpentaria and went to school at Marist Brothers Ashgrove.

Adelaide was a footy bubble he never quite adapted too, despite developing a reputation as one of the AFL’s most exciting young players and being one of the Crows’ better players in their grand final loss to Richmond.

The Lions worked out how comfortable he felt in Brisbane when he produced one of the best of his 73 games for the Crows at the Gabba in Round 9 when he booted four goals and dragged down one of the best marks seen at the ground for the year.

“I came back for holidays all the time, but it is good to be back permanently with family and friends,’’ he said.

“Being in Adelaide it is footy central whereas here it is more rugby league, so I guess it is a bit of an escape.

“Adelaide, it is just footy, footy, footy, here there isn’t as much talk about it and you can get away and enjoy yourself a bit more and not have to think about footy all the time.

“I guess if you think about it all the time it can play on you, I had that a little bit in Adelaide, so I am going to enjoy the change.’’

The Lions parted with pick 12 in Friday’s draft to secure Cameron and although he may have escaped some media scrutiny, the expectations are still high from Brisbane and their fans.

He said he hasn’t thought too much about the greater responsibility he will assume for the wooden spooners but revealed his goal was to push up to play more on the wing.

“I am just looking to play my role for the team and hopefully that can lead to a few more wins,’’ he said.

But we are a team and you can’t rely too much on one person.

“I’m happy to play wherever the coach wants me but I am trying to build my engine so I can play a bit more time up on the wing.’’
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:19 am

It’s an interesting point he makes - adelaide is certainly a fish bowl when it comes to footy. Not sure how many of our other players that have left that it would have affected but I guess it’s another factor
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:26 am

bennymacca wrote:It’s an interesting point he makes - adelaide is certainly a fish bowl when it comes to footy. Not sure how many of our other players that have left that it would have affected but I guess it’s another factor

It's not a factor, if it was Port would have the same issues with player retention.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:28 am

Booney wrote:
bennymacca wrote:It’s an interesting point he makes - adelaide is certainly a fish bowl when it comes to footy. Not sure how many of our other players that have left that it would have affected but I guess it’s another factor

It's not a factor, if it was Port would have the same issues with player retention.

Was it Tippett who said the same thing when he left?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3995 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:35 am

Booney wrote:

With all due respect, port haven’t had too many good players recently that might have wanted to leave. Wines and boak are the only ones that have even seemed to generate any headlines

Secondly - you seem to have had issues with player retention this year (though obviously offset by the recruits) - but can you say for sure that the fish bowl effect of adelaide has had zero effect on everyone that has left?

It wouldn’t be too much of a stretch to suggest it had an effect on impey for example
bennymacca
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:36 am

The Bedge wrote:
Booney wrote:

Was it Tippett who said the same thing when he left?

Can’t actually remember tbh. His initial lines were about “being closer to family” but it seemed to be mostly about cash - but then the whole crows dodgyness kicked off and his reasons for leaving didn’t really matter anymore
bennymacca
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL