AFL Round 11

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL Round 11

Postby Booney » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:54 am

Port Adelaide spearhead Charlie Dixon has hit back at Caroline Wilson in a sweary swipe after the Power’s thumping of Hawthorn on Thursday night.
Caro was critical of Dixon during the week, taking aim at him with a ‘Caro’s Arrow’ after the forward was called to play on while lining up for a set shot in the dying moments of their Geelong game.

“I didn’t even hear what she said,” Charlie told FIVEaa after Port’s win. “Someone said she was after me or something like that… I don’t know. I think it’s pretty irrelevant -- whatever. She can say whatever she likes, that her opinion, she’s irrelevant to me.”

“People jump on you, jump off you, that’s just footy,” he said… “you’re a hero one week and then you’re a villain next week. I’ve just got to focus on doing my bit for the team and that’s it. She can say whatever she wants, I don’t really give a f*** to be honest.”
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:01 pm

Booney wrote:Port Adelaide spearhead Charlie Dixon has hit back at Caroline Wilson in a sweary swipe after the Power’s thumping of Hawthorn on Thursday night.
Caro was critical of Dixon during the week, taking aim at him with a ‘Caro’s Arrow’ after the forward was called to play on while lining up for a set shot in the dying moments of their Geelong game.

“I didn’t even hear what she said,” Charlie told FIVEaa after Port’s win. “Someone said she was after me or something like that… I don’t know. I think it’s pretty irrelevant -- whatever. She can say whatever she likes, that her opinion, she’s irrelevant to me.”

“People jump on you, jump off you, that’s just footy,” he said… “you’re a hero one week and then you’re a villain next week. I’ve just got to focus on doing my bit for the team and that’s it. She can say whatever she wants, I don’t really give a f*** to be honest.”

Good on him, he seems like a bit of a bloke.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Booney » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:08 pm

What's with players bringing babies out on the field with them for milestone matches?
Eberts boy, Leo, is about 3 weeks old. It's 4° out. There's 38,000 people making noise. The PA is blasting out the club song. WTF are you doing with a 3 week old out there?

Boomers 400th, his kids walked out with him, fine, massive milestone and his kids will duly remember the occasion for what it was. By the time Leo Ebert can have any understanding of what his Dad did, Brad will be long retired. I don't get it.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:09 pm

Booney wrote:What's with players bringing babies out on the field with them for milestone matches?
Eberts boy, Leo, is about 3 weeks old. It's 4° out. There's 38,000 people making noise. The PA is blasting out the club song. WTF are you doing with a 3 week old out there?

Boomers 400th, his kids walked out with him, fine, massive milestone and his kids will duly remember the occasion for what it was. By the time Leo Ebert can have any understanding of what his Dad did, Brad will be long retired. I don't get it.

Was that the official crowd figure? Disappointing for a prime time slot against the Hawks.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2598 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:12 pm

MW wrote:
Booney wrote:What's with players bringing babies out on the field with them for milestone matches?

Was that the official crowd figure? Disappointing for a prime time slot against the Hawks.

Was 37,910 plus and it was ******* freezing, even I wore long sleeves!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3886 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:13 pm

MW wrote:

Yes and no. Always want to be 40,000+ though.

Wouldn't have been many Hawks fans head over, they did have two interstate games in a row, a Thursday night with some families choosing to stay at home with the cold and school today. I thought 40,000 would be really good, 37,910 was the crowd.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:14 pm

MW wrote:

Hello UK!
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:15 pm

Wedgie wrote:
MW wrote:

Was 37k plus and it was ******* freezing, even I wore long sleeves!

There was a moment or two late in the 3rd quarter when the slightest of a breeze came past. You could actually see it coming. The crowd, like a shivering version of the Mexican Wave gave you an insight as to when the little zephyr was going to hit you. :lol:

The bourbon and drys helped, but didn't fix the cold. Tried not to stand in the bar for too long at half time, no point kidding yourself!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:15 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
MW wrote:

Hello UK!

He's busy Googling up links to use to argue with morrel.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:16 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
MW wrote:

Hello UK!

:lol:
No trolling, legit question. I would think you'd expect 45k+ in this time slot. Understand the cold conditions though.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2598 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:18 pm

Im amazed with the crowds the Crows get, so many elderly and disabled people and nights like last Saturday night and they still go, I admire their dedication and a pleasure to serve but seriously watch it at home or in the pub!
So many oldies were slipping over on the bridge and up the stairs, I think I counted about 15 hip replacements needed.
Also during the game there would have beem about 5000 people at least standing under cover watching the game on tv in a wind tunnel.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:20 pm

MW wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
MW wrote:

Hello UK!

No trolling, legit question. I would think you'd expect 45k+ in this time slot. Understand the cold conditions though.

I know some Port supporters who live in the Barossa, theyre at every Saturday night game but no way can they make a Thursday night game, its too hard. Probably be easier for Crows supporters as their kids would be in their 50s.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Booney » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:22 pm

Wedgie wrote:Im amazed with the crowds the Crows get, so many elderly and disabled people and nights like last Saturday night and they still go, I admire their dedication and a pleasure to serve but seriously watch it at home or in the pub!
So many oldies were slipping over on the bridge and up the stairs, I think I counted about 15 hip replacements needed.
Also during the game there would have beem about 5000 people at least standing under cover watching the game on tv in a wind tunnel.

I was in the Barossa last week, on the Saturday I saw an elderly couple all rugged up in Crows gear standing at the bus stop at 4:00 pm in Tanunda. Given they'd be at the game about 6ish, 1 or so before the game, would mean they'd be home around midnight I'd guess.

That is, indeed, dedication.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:26 pm

I have dedication like that..........for the pub.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:27 pm

MW wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Hello UK!

The week night would've prevented families from attending.

Watch it on TV, kids straight to bed afterwards on a school night.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:30 pm

Wedgie wrote:Im amazed with the crowds the Crows get, so many elderly and disabled people and nights like last Saturday night and they still go, I admire their dedication and a pleasure to serve but seriously watch it at home or in the pub!

You probably chucked a cake of soap on it.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:31 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

You probably chucked a cake of soap on it.

I was slipping too and neded two hip replacements myself! I think the 80yos are fitter than me as I was puffing harder!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Booney » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:32 pm

Wedgie wrote:I have dedication like that..........for the pub.

Bullshit. They've been open for 2 minutes and your arse is still in bed. ;) :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:33 pm

Booney wrote:
Wedgie wrote:I have dedication like that..........for the pub.

Bullshit. They've been open for 2 minutes and your arse is still in bed. ;) :lol:

Fair call! :lol:

Ok, Im dedicated to laziness. ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Dutchy » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:33 pm

Im guessing its a photo opportunity to show them later in life?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3495 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL