AFL Round 12

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL Round 12

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:48 pm

Time to ditch the banners anyway.. i mean carn, grown men running through a pretty banner is ordinary - they even make the banners with the split in them now so they can run through without wrecking it haha :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:53 pm

Booney wrote:I know it's not Alberton Oval, I know it's the heavily sanitized AFL and I know it's not 1985, but a bit of a dust up at the 15 minute mark might not have been out of order. Something to change the flow of play. Cough up the $1500 each for some wrestling to at least try and halt some momentum.

Didn't work out for you against Geelong at the Oval last year. All you achieved that night with this tactic was fire up Dangerwood. Some Porties posted on BF that Kenny gave them a leave pass by saying 'let's forget about the second half' against Hawthorn the week before. Apparently they brought out the pressure they had a Cat Park against the Hawks, and brought out the second half against the Bombers. Maybe, maybe not...food for thought anyway.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:04 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
Booney wrote:I know it's not Alberton Oval, I know it's the heavily sanitized AFL and I know it's not 1985, but a bit of a dust up at the 15 minute mark might not have been out of order. Something to change the flow of play. Cough up the $1500 each for some wrestling to at least try and halt some momentum.

Didn't work out for you against Geelong at the Oval last year. All you achieved that night with this tactic was fire up Dangerwood. Some Porties posted on BF that Kenny gave them a leave pass by saying 'let's forget about the second half' against Hawthorn the week before. Apparently they brought out the pressure they had a Cat Park against the Hawks, and brought out the second half against the Bombers. Maybe, maybe not...food for thought anyway.

regards,

REB

Then the double team ruck plan killed Port, Stanley's best AFL game to date IMO.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby gadj1976 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:46 pm

Brodlach wrote:
carey wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Carlton by 4 points at the last change

They couldn't could they?

I hope so

Phark yeh we did!

Absolutely sensational to see too. My little bloke, who's 8 was so excited with the win and then even more excited when we hit 16th on the ladder :? Imagine if we're ever decent??

We had a group of us at the Coopers Alehouse screaming the place down in the last 3 minutes. Group hugs and high fives ensued as we got over the line.

I really went to the pub thinking if we play well we can get within 8 goals but they burnt the ball going forward. Patton is either injured or can't turn right at all. Cameron was well held and the defence in general did a fantastic job.

Go us, stuff the rest of yas, I'm happy after 4 wins (easily pleased hey?) so anything after this is a bonus.

Great season to date with anyone able to beat anyone on any given day. I just hope that rings true in a few weeks when I go to Melbourne to see the Blues play Adelaide. :lol:
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:10 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:

regards,

REB

Sure, it didn't work but it didn't hurt trying.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:52 pm

Zartan wrote:Time to ditch the banners anyway.. i mean carn, grown men running through a pretty banner is ordinary - they even make the banners with the split in them now so they can run through without wrecking it haha :lol:

they are a bit of a weird anachronism from the past - but whatever, some people might like them
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:13 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Zartan wrote:Time to ditch the banners anyway.. i mean carn, grown men running through a pretty banner is ordinary - they even make the banners with the split in them now so they can run through without wrecking it haha :lol:

they are a bit of a weird anachronism from the past - but whatever, some people might like them

Sponsorship logo's.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:18 pm

Tradition. Keep it, once it's gone it's gone, regardless of it being some crepe paper stuck together.

It's just that little Bulldogs wanker who has tried to make it an art form. Massive spanner that little bald twat.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:30 pm

Booney wrote:

Tradition. Keep it, once it's gone it's gone, regardless of it being some crepe paper stuck together.

It's just that little Bulldogs wanker who has tried to make it an art form. Massive spanner that little bald twat.

Massive or little?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:39 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

Massive or little?

Please, keep up, he's a massive spanner, but only a little twat. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:56 pm

Booney wrote:

it seems to me something that should be reserved for the finals of your local team or something. thats probably where its started.

wouldnt bat an eyelid if it went but if some people feel strongly about it, then whatever. would be a buzz for those cheer squad members to be out on the ground before the game etc
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:57 pm

Booney wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:

regards,

REB

Sure, it didn't work but it didn't hurt trying.

It hurt big time. Changed the game after the Power were dominating. Was one of the dumbest things I've seen in many a year.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:58 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Booney wrote:

it seems to me something that should be reserved for the finals of your local team or something. thats probably where its started.

wouldnt bat an eyelid if it went but if some people feel strongly about it, then whatever. would be a buzz for those cheer squad members to be out on the ground before the game etc

The banner isn't the important part of the whole event for mine, it's the purpose the cheer squad members feel as they build them, the inclusiveness they get from coming together for a couple of nights a week, it's getting to hoist it up* as your team runs out. I've never been involved in one, making or hoisting, but I bet the people that do it do it with a passion and who wants to take away anothers persons passion?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:59 pm

Wedgie wrote:It hurt big time. Changed the game after the Power were dominating. Was one of the dumbest things I've seen in many a year.

I'm pretty sure that was over something that occurred at the time, I'm talking about actually starting something to change the way the game is running, how Essendon were all over us, I wanted them to try anything!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:03 pm

Booney wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
Booney wrote:

The banner isn't the important part of the whole event for mine, it's the purpose the cheer squad members feel as they build them, the inclusiveness they get from coming together for a couple of nights a week, it's getting to hoist it up* as your team runs out. I've never been involved in one, making or hoisting, but I bet the people that do it do it with a passion and who wants to take away anothers persons passion?

yeah that all makes sense to me.

in general i think cheer squads are shit these days. a lot of people may disagree but we could definitely take a leaf out of soccer's book with regards to cheering. we have about 10 awesome songs we have made up on the hill haha. maybe i need to forward them on :D
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:17 pm

If you need to sing endlessly to entertain yourself like they do in a 0-0 snorefest go to Hindmarsh.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:52 pm

Booney wrote:
Wedgie wrote:It hurt big time. Changed the game after the Power were dominating. Was one of the dumbest things I've seen in many a year.

I'm pretty sure that was over something that occurred at the time, I'm talking about actually starting something to change the way the game is running, how Essendon were all over us, I wanted them to try anything!

Given Westhoff, Polec and Toumpas are scared of the dark I wouldn't suggest those 3 start a fight. ;)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2519 times

Postby JK » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:55 pm

Booney wrote:

I said that to my Port mates during the game, need to start a blue or something - They agreed but rightly countered with "HTF do you do that these days?"
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Wedgie » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:56 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Booney wrote:

Given Westhoff, Polec and Toumpas are scared of the dark I wouldn't suggest those 3 start a fight. ;)

The worst thing the Power could ever do is "flex their muscles". Regarded as probably the softest side in the AFL in that regard.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Corona Man » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:01 pm

I was thinking the Hawks needed to start a yike, or at least get unsociable against the suns. God knows if Hartung threw a punch.... he would miss the target!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3485 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL