LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Re: Port Adelaide 2018

Postby morell » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:46 pm

Ken: "we can't pick a young ruckman, they're not ready!"

Also Ken: "let's slot a guy who has barely trained for 6 months and has a history of injuries info the midfield"

Also Ken: "we have a young athletic freak who is literally setting AFL records? Best move him into the ruck!"

#KenLogic
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Pistol Pete » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:38 pm

Thats a fair call. Howard back was really working for us.
Pistol Pete

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby bertiebeatle » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:17 pm

Finally have a chance to go through Sunday's performance.
A positive to take out - I don't think we could have played with less effort or less care in the world and it amazes me that we only got done by 22 points. If that is our worst performance effort wise and to come away with a loss that small against a bogey side at a bogey stadium, then we are in for a fun year! Obviously, another effort like that this Saturday night and we have cause for concern.

With the ruck situation, been a fair bit of an over reaction everywhere. While i was hoping big Bill would play on the weekend, we have to remember Howard was originally groomed as a ruckman when Ryder was out for the year and he was showing good signs. On the weekend, we won the centre clearances, won the hit outs to advantage & only just got done in the clearances around the ground. The telling stat for me is down 22 in disposals, down 2 in contested possessions and down 3 in Tackles. That shows there wasn't anywhere enough effort and that Essendon were able to move the ball with ease.
I agree with Booney, think Hombsch will come in this week for McKenzie. Trent was rewarded for his good pre-season form and his early SANFL form, but think it's time Hombsch come back with Ryder being injured. SPP to return with some more grunt and hunger, just hope it means Robbie stays in the middle though & Boak stays as a permanent half forward. That would mean the 6 guys to go through the middle would be Gray, Wines, Ebert, SPP, Rockliff & Wingard.

Changes for this week
OUT:
McKenzie, Amon/Houston

IN:
SPP, Hombsch

If Rocky doesnt come up then i think we should look at Atley as well as a 3rd change
bertiebeatle
Under 18s

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby morell » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:26 pm

Pistol Pete wrote:Thats a fair call. Howard back was really working for us.

Well sure, but how can he say Framptor and co aren't "ready" and then routinely pick Rockliff?

Unless of course it's justifying his ego
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Wedgie » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:31 pm

morell wrote:
Pistol Pete wrote:Thats a fair call. Howard back was really working for us.

Well sure, but how can he say Framptor and co aren't "ready" and then routinely pick Rockliff?

Unless of course it's justifying his ego

Fair call and I appreciate your chase for excellence, not just competitiveness.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3886 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby valleys07 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:30 am

bertiebeatle wrote:Finally have a chance to go through Sunday's performance.
A positive to take out - I don't think we could have played with less effort or less care in the world and it amazes me that we only got done by 22 points. If that is our worst performance effort wise and to come away with a loss that small against a bogey side at a bogey stadium, then we are in for a fun year! Obviously, another effort like that this Saturday night and we have cause for concern.

With the ruck situation, been a fair bit of an over reaction everywhere. While i was hoping big Bill would play on the weekend, we have to remember Howard was originally groomed as a ruckman when Ryder was out for the year and he was showing good signs. On the weekend, we won the centre clearances, won the hit outs to advantage & only just got done in the clearances around the ground. The telling stat for me is down 22 in disposals, down 2 in contested possessions and down 3 in Tackles. That shows there wasn't anywhere enough effort and that Essendon were able to move the ball with ease.
I agree with Booney, think Hombsch will come in this week for McKenzie. Trent was rewarded for his good pre-season form and his early SANFL form, but think it's time Hombsch come back with Ryder being injured. SPP to return with some more grunt and hunger, just hope it means Robbie stays in the middle though & Boak stays as a permanent half forward. That would mean the 6 guys to go through the middle would be Gray, Wines, Ebert, SPP, Rockliff & Wingard.

Changes for this week
OUT:
McKenzie, Amon/Houston

IN:
SPP, Hombsch

If Rocky doesnt come up then i think we should look at Atley as well as a 3rd change

Rockliff almost certain to miss, either through a calf strain, or a return to the SANFL to get some touch.

If he does get put back to the Maggies, he will be certain to miss against North also, given the Maggies play on ANZAC day next week.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby MW » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:14 pm

Still nothing on SPP hours away from selection...WTF is going on?
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2598 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:22 pm

MW wrote:Still nothing on SPP hours away from selection...WTF is going on?

Easy mate, easy, the AFL Integrity unit is overseeing the investigation. It's not like the police are involved, or anyone who really knows how to conduct an investigation.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:24 pm

Booney wrote:

Easy mate, easy, the AFL Integrity unit is overseeing the investigation. It's not like the police are involved, or anyone who really knows how to conduct an investigation.

Can Port select him without a conclusion to the keystone cops investigation?
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2598 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:24 pm

Booney wrote:

Isn’t the club investigating?
They’ve done a few now............
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2514 times

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:27 pm

MW wrote:
Booney wrote:

Can Port select him without a conclusion to the keystone cops investigation?

Not sure mate, they make this shit up as they go so who knows.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby bertiebeatle » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:33 pm

valleys07 wrote:
bertiebeatle wrote:Finally have a chance to go through Sunday's performance.

Changes for this week
OUT:
McKenzie, Amon/Houston

IN:
SPP, Hombsch

Rockliff almost certain to miss, either through a calf strain, or a return to the SANFL to get some touch.

If he does get put back to the Maggies, he will be certain to miss against North also, given the Maggies play on ANZAC day next week.

Yeah can't see Rocky playing this week. Have changed my tone, just the 2 changes this week. SPP & Hombsch for Rocky & McKenzie
bertiebeatle
Under 18s

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:20 pm

Port Adelaide is surprised the AFL's investigation into Sam Powell-Pepper's off-field incident is still continuing, with the young midfielder in line to return for Saturday night's clash with Geelong at Adelaide Oval.

Powell-Pepper has served his one-game club imposed suspension for breaking team rules, but could face further punishment based on the findings of the AFL's investigation.

Speaking to reporters on Wednesday morning, Power chief executive Keith Thomas said the AFL had yet to inform the club of its findings.

"It is still with the AFL," Thomas said.

"We thought it might have been over by now and resolved, but it's such an important issue.

"In effect, you've got two, 20-year-old people involved in an incident that needs to be fully understood.

"So, the AFL needs to take as much time as it needs to go through that process.

"We think we're getting close to the end of it, but there's a lot involved."

Powell-Pepper would be expected to slot straight back into the team if he doesn't face any additional sanctions from the AFL, especially with Tom Rockliff likely to be ruled out with a calf injury.

Power captain Travis Boak – who shares a house with Powell-Pepper – said the 20-year-old would mature from the experience.

"It's been a challenge for Sam, he's a young kid, there's no doubt about that," Boak said.

"He's learned his lesson in terms of team penalties.

"He'll grow and be a better person for it."

Powell-Pepper has played 25 games for the Power and finished third in voting for the Rising Star award last year.

He was suspended for last Sunday's 22-point loss to Essendon – the Power's first defeat of the season.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:52 pm

Must be more too it then what the media have reported, why else would it take this long?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2514 times

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:11 pm

amber_fluid wrote:Must be more too it then what the media have reported, why else would it take this long?

The AFL are investigating it mate....not SAPOL, not ASIO, the AFL.... ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:21 pm

amber_fluid wrote:Must be more too it then what the media have reported, why else would it take this long?

Took the AFL nearly 2 years to find Essendon not guilty so god knows how long this will take.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:25 pm

Jim05 wrote:

Took the AFL nearly 2 years to find Essendon not guilty so god knows how long this will take.

Well, not really....
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Spargo » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:26 pm

What I don’t get is Koch on radio yesterday said “If SPP is guilty of what he’s been accused of then he will feel the full brunt of the consequences”.
Surely Port have asked SPP “did you sexually assault this girl?”
His answer is one of;
1- No
2- Yes
3- Can’t remember

Why, if Port believe he’s innocent, would Koch say this on breakfast radio yesterday?
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5474 times
Been liked: 5116 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL