Port Adelaide 2018

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2018

Postby UK Fan » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:13 pm

fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby Booney » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:15 am

JK wrote:
RustyCage wrote:I don’t think chads season was as bad as some are saying

Has a reasonable season, just think he's got a much higher ceiling than he's reached in the last few seasons

If 2018 is rated against Wingard's best possible football then this year was at about 80% output.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby DOC » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:21 pm

THE Port Adelaide Football Club is delighted to welcome former player Paul Stewart back to Alberton to work in a dual role as coach of the club’s Next Generation Academy and as part of its player welfare and development department.

Stewart played 101 AFL games in 10 seasons with Port Adelaide after arriving with pick 23 in the 2006 AFL National Draft.

He returned to Woodville-West Torrens, where he won the 2006 SANFL premiership, after being delisted ahead of the 2017 season and was part of the Eagles side which lost last year’s SANFL Grand Final.

Stewart’s experience as an AFL player, as well as the associated challenges that came with it, along with his work and study experience made him the outstanding candidate for the role.

The 31-year-old has experience working in community development and with young people, including in 2018 becoming the regional coordinator for youth homelessness organisation Ladder.

Stewart announced his retirement from SANFL football late last month to focus on family and career commitments.

He will start his new roles at Port Adelaide in November.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:47 pm

Job for the boys!
Getting as bad as the other mob across town.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:29 am

The more I read / hear about Wingard the more I am sure he's leaving.

We have heard :

Exit interview with Hinkley was direct, seems as though Wingard may not have taken it so well.

Wingard's manager shops his services around, asking for 5 year $5m deals. No buyers.

Port have him contracted for 2019 so a trade must be facilitated for him to move this year.

As a FA he could leave at the end of next year, but won't get the money he's been seeking.

Port may trade him this year, get a 1st round pick ( at least ) for him and he goes somewhere for similar money to what he would get at Port in his next deal.

So, has Wingard just thrown the sads?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:37 am

Booney wrote:The more I read / hear about Wingard the more I am sure he's leaving.

We have heard :

Exit interview with Hinkley was direct, seems as though Wingard may not have taken it so well.

Wingard's manager shops his services around, asking for 5 year $5m deals. No buyers.

Port have him contracted for 2019 so a trade must be facilitated for him to move this year.

As a FA he could leave at the end of next year, but won't get the money he's been seeking.

Port may trade him this year, get a 1st round pick ( at least ) for him and he goes somewhere for similar money to what he would get at Port in his next deal.

Just?
He does it most weeks you lose.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:51 am

amber_fluid wrote:
Booney wrote:The more I read / hear about Wingard the more I am sure he's leaving.

We have heard :

Just?
He does it most weeks you lose.

#closetportfan
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby UK Fan » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:19 am

Booney wrote:Wingard won't be going anywhere.

We have heard :

As a FA he could leave at the end ofi next year, but won't get the money he's been seeking.

https://imgflip.com/i/2jrhki

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:34 am

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-10/two ... -with-port

Roos: Pittard Polec and pick 48

Power: pick 11 and 2019 4th rounder

Well played Roos imho!!!

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby HH3 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:38 am

I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Brodlach » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:40 am

Do you even know these players HH3?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:42 am

Brodlach wrote:Do you even know these players HH3?

=D>
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby HH3 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:53 am

Yeah good one.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Dutchy » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:54 am

We have heard :

Seems like a big game of poker at the moment, no one talking and waiting for someone to make the first move.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:58 am

Dutchy wrote:

We have heard :

Seems like a big game of poker at the moment, no one talking and waiting for someone to make the first move.

Not one I'm liking either.

Looks like both parties are resigned to going their separate ways and either a club has to make Wingard an offer that makes him want to move (which it appears though nobody has ) and have the trade bait to satisfy Port or a club needs to approach Port with an offer too good to refuse for Wingard.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby carey » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:06 am

UK Fan wrote:http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-10/twoforone-deal-for-kangaroos-with-port

Roos: Pittard Polec and pick 48

Well played Roos imho!!!

It couldve been picks 1,2 and 3 for these players and youd still say well played Roos such is your unhealthy hatred of Port Adelaide.

Its effectively pick 11 for Polec the rest is irrelevent.

Win/Win
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Trader » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:07 am

UK Fan wrote:Roos: Pittard Polec and pick 48

I can't make my mind up on this one.

Not worried about losing Pittard at all. His time was done at Port so happy for him to move on.
However, the talk was Polec for Pick 11 was what we were aiming for, so the fact we've also upgraded their pick for them (from next year's approx. 65-70 to 48 in this years draft) seems like we've lost out a bit here.

Loss for port this time for mine. Perhaps we had to have a loss here given Polec had the ability to walk to the PSD and nominate his price that only the roos would have paid?

Out of interest, what did we give up to get Polec a few years ago?
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:09 am

Trader wrote:I can't make my mind up on this one.

Not worried about losing Pittard at all. His time was done at Port so happy for him to move on.
However, the talk was Polec for Pick 11 was what we were aiming for, so the fact we've also upgraded their pick for them (from next year's approx. 65-70 to 48 in this years draft) seems like we've lost out a bit here.

Loss for port this time for mine. Perhaps we had to have a loss here given Polec had the ability to walk to the PSD and nominate his price that only the roos would have paid?

In my mind it's certainly a loss for Port - last year Pittard was wanted by the Roos, Port would've got around a late 2nd round pick at a guess, instead re-sign and then practically give him away! WTF!
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:10 am

Trader wrote:Out of interest, what did we give up to get Polec a few years ago?

Jared Polec will play for Port Adelaide next year, with the Power, Brisbane and Greater Western Sydney finalising a complicated three-way swap of draft picks.

In the deal finalised on Thursday afternoon, Port Adelaide gains Polec from the Lions as well as the Giants' pick 21.

Brisbane has received picks 34, 22 and 48 for its former first-round draft pick, while the Giants have taken Port's pick 14.

That leaves the club holdings three choices in the first 14, with senior players Heath Shaw, Shane Mumford, Jed Lamb and Josh Hunt also joining the club.

Brisbane has also sent Sam Docherty to Carlton, for pick 33. A deals for Billy Longer (to St Kilda for pick 25) is thought to be close with Elliot Yeo's move to West Coast also finalised on Thursday. The Lion joins the Eagles in exchange for pick 28.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Trader » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:11 am

The Bedge wrote:
Trader wrote:I can't make my mind up on this one.

In my mind it's certainly a loss for Port - last year Pittard was wanted by the Roos, Port would've got around a late 2nd round pick at a guess, instead re-sign and then practically give him away! WTF!

Yeah that part of it was very strange, however I'd already recorded that as a loss last season and moved on from it! haha
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL