Port Adelaide 2018

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2018

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:03 am

LMA wrote:Pretty sure Motlop your best player in last years semi final loss to the Crows gave plenty of drive off half back and through the wing, can't say I've ever seen Menzel move outside the Goal Attack position so again different type of player

You should be thankful anyway, you're paying him waterboy rates which allowed you to pick up a 35 year old with hammies held together by scar tissue

Nobody wanted Menzel when they shopped him around, nobody. They gave him a confidence boosting 1 year deal so they could wheel GAj back in as their window is open.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby MW » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:47 am

No conclusion from the AFL investigation into SPP yet?
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:54 am

MW wrote:No conclusion from the AFL investigation into SPP yet?

Interesting one, isn't it?

Alleged victim contacts club claiming sexual assault, club informs police and the AFL "Integrity" unit, alleged victim then goes to C7 to talk behind a blurred face, no complaint is made to police, AFL "Integrity" unit is sent to Adelaide to investigate, club imposes sanction on player for breaking curfew, still no report to police, a week and a half later and there AFL "Integrity" unit has nothing to report.

Sounds to me like the "Integrity" unit should stay out of it considering the club has sanctioned the player and no complaint has been made to the police.

Case closed?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:02 am

If it is closed, you'd think the AFL would make a statement saying their 'investigation' has concluded and their findings (or lack thereof)
MW
Coach

Postby Spargo » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:07 am

Booney wrote:

Alleged victim contacts club claiming sexual assault, club informs police and the AFL "Integrity" unit, alleged victim then goes to C7 to talk behind a blurred face, no complaint is made to police, AFL "Integrity" unit is sent to Adelaide to investigate, club imposes sanction on player for breaking curfew, still no report to police, a week and a half later and there AFL "Integrity" unit has nothing to report.

Sounds to me like the "Integrity" unit should stay out of it considering the club has sanctioned the player and no complaint has been made to the police.

Case closed?

A couple of things;
I’m unaware of any footage from inside the nightclub being shown yet?
In saying that, I find it hard to believe in this day & age that there isn’t CCTV inside this venue recording patron movements, to cover both the licencee & the customer.
Has the nightclub come out & said on record there is no footage?
One gets the feeling we haven’t been told the whole story.
(this is not an accusation towards SPP or the female involved)
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5460 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Pistol Pete » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:08 am

Spargo wrote:
Booney wrote:

Case closed?

A couple of things;
In saying that, I find it hard to believe in this day & age that there isn’t CCTV inside this venue recording patron movements, to cover both the licencee & the customer.
How many situations do we actually get the whole story?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Pistol Pete

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:09 am

MW wrote:If it is closed, you'd think the AFL would make a statement saying their 'investigation' has concluded and their findings (or lack thereof)

Can't see how it could possibly still be on going, regardless of who the "integrity" unit has or is waiting to interview there's been no police report so what has the "integrity" unit got to do with it?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:11 am

Spargo wrote:
Booney wrote:

Case closed?

A couple of things;

What do you take out of "there's been no report to police"?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:19 am

Booney wrote:

Taking a real shot in the dark here but possibly, she hasn't been to the police?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:34 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

Taking a real shot in the dark here but possibly, she hasn't been to the police?

Good shot. ;)

Which to me, anyway, suggests there's nothing to investigate?

It seems odd to me that someone would make a claim that a crime was committed on television but not engage the police to investigate the alleged crime.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:29 am

Expect it to be finalised today.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:36 am

Dutchy wrote:Expect it to be finalised today.

And the mail is?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:54 pm

LMA wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
morell wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Is Motlop going to make his debut for Port soon?
Worst. Troll. Ever.

You do realise you could have had Menzel for less than half of what you're paying Motlop.
Yeah, shocking troll. :lol:

Sunday aside Motlop has been good this year, plays a different role to Menzel who's only kicking goals because that giant Man-Baby Hawkins can't get near it.

Menzel is kicking goals because Hawkins is drawing defenders. Not rocket surgery my friend No Hawkins and it's Menzel with three players on him and he doesn't have the strength. At the risk of appearing to be saltier than a pirate's beard, stay tuned for more Motlop shitters. There's plenty where they came from. Last year in the finals he turned it on...non contract year....the year before he was shithouse in the finals. At his best Motlop is brilliant no doubt about it. We saw the best and worst of him at Geelong and you will also at Port.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby MW » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:56 pm

We've already seen it at Port and it's only 4 games in!
MW
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:04 pm

We knew what we were buying, no mistake about it.

He wasn't brought to the club to be our main target or our main ball carrier into the forward line, he was brought in to play the role that was previously being played by Young, Impey at times and to a lesser extent Ah Chee and Neade.

I still maintain the Impey move may be one we regret, but it wasn't the clubs decision in the end, he was unhappy and wanted out / to be with his very close mate, Trengove, in Melbourne.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:07 pm

Booney wrote:We knew what we were buying, no mistake about it.

He wasn't brought to the club to be our main target or our main ball carrier into the forward line, he was brought in to play the role that was previously being played by Young, Impey at times and to a lesser extent Ah Chee and Neade.

I still maintain the Impey move may be one we regret, but it wasn't the clubs decision in the end, he was unhappy and wanted out / to be with his very close mate, Trengove, in Melbourne.

If Ryder is out for another 5-6 weeks as some are reporting, you might be missing Trengove just as much
MW
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:11 pm

Sometimes as well a new club can give a player a lease on life. It's just sometimes I reckon it all got too hard for Steve so when your depth is as thin as Geelong's it was probably a move that suited all parties in the end. You can count on me being saltier than a pirates beard if Motlop kicks our arse this week which he is every chance of doing. Thank god Ryder isn't playing that's all I can say! :shock:

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:11 pm

MW wrote:

If Ryder is out for another 5-6 weeks as some are reporting, you might be missing Trengove just as much

Howard is as capable as Trengove in the ruck, He ( Dougs ) was being groomed as a forward / ruck in the SANFL for some time through '16 and '17 ( 19 goals in 20 matches - not a huge haul but it shows he was going forward / rucking more than playing a defender ), I'm happy enough for him to do the job with Westhoff and Dixon helping, as they do with Ryder.

Just need another tall in defence to go back to our structure of 3 talls, 4 smalls with the third man up being Jonas.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:12 pm

That's the problem...taking Howard from defence now you need a defender...
MW
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:14 pm

MW wrote:That's the problem...taking Howard from defence now you need a defender...

Hombsch is trotting around in the unbeaten Magpies, was our #1 defender 18 months ago, a hip injury cruel to him in '17.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL