Port Adelaide 2018

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2018

Postby beef » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:22 pm

Happens every trade week. We demand 5 first round picks for a player who is barely in the best 22 and drags out all week to take pick #90. Second round pick is more than fair for Polec in this draft
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 255 times

Postby David Brent » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:28 pm

Booney wrote:Writing in theage.com.au, chief footy write Jake Niall says:

“Port Adelaide have told North Melbourne that any deal for midfielder Jared Polec will have to involve the Kangaroos' first draft pick.

“In a recent discussion between the clubs, Port Adelaide are understood to have suggested to North Melbourne that Polec would only be traded if that deal involved North's first pick, which would be pick nine on current ladder positions, without including the compensation pick Gold Coast would get for the departing Tom Lynch.

“Polec is viewed as likely to leave the Power and join North on a five-year deal, believed to exceed $600,000 a season, an offer that is significantly greater than Port's three-year offer of close to $500,000…

“Polec, 25, is not a free agent in his eighth season (when players first become eligible) because he changed clubs.”

Working in Port's favour is the fact Norf get priority access to that Taryn Thomas from Tasmania who is expected to go in the 8-20 pick range of the draft atm. If they can build up enough ranking/draft points that they know they can get him whenever a bid comes for him they may well trade for Polec with their first pick. That way they still get a first round pick in T Thomas on their list plus Polec.
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 161 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:31 pm

Booney wrote:Writing in theage.com.au, chief footy write Jake Niall says:

“Port Adelaide have told North Melbourne that any deal for midfielder Jared Polec will have to involve the Kangaroos' first draft pick.

“In a recent discussion between the clubs, Port Adelaide are understood to have suggested to North Melbourne that Polec would only be traded if that deal involved North's first pick, which would be pick nine on current ladder positions, without including the compensation pick Gold Coast would get for the departing Tom Lynch.

“Polec is viewed as likely to leave the Power and join North on a five-year deal, believed to exceed $600,000 a season, an offer that is significantly greater than Port's three-year offer of close to $500,000…

“Polec, 25, is not a free agent in his eighth season (when players first become eligible) because he changed clubs.”

Didn't think Port would give up retaining him so easily.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby MW » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:33 pm

Port have no hand in this trade whatsoever. No trade done? He walks in the PSD to North.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2602 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby beef » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:10 pm

Anyone see on facebook last a poll Sav Rocca v Tredrea. Cant believe Rocca was winning, im not a port supporter but that's not even a comparison, Tredrea is miles ahead. Every arguement in the comments was "Rocca's kicked more goals"
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 255 times

Postby Brodlach » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:35 pm

That ain’t happening
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby DOC » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:37 pm

MW wrote:What's Snelling got to do to get a game?

Change clubs.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 729 times
Been liked: 2085 times

Postby bertiebeatle » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:04 pm

Don't know how many times I have posted this since the Polec rumours have come out. If he is being traded, pick 9 is the minimum Port is getting. Forget PSD, he will not end up there. To be honest, it's more looking toward 1st rounder + some extras. Like DB said, North are after any lower range picks possible to gain draft points. If Polec goes, we end up with North first rounder as a minimum
bertiebeatle
Under 18s

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby mighty hounds » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:18 pm

bertiebeatle wrote:Don't know how many times I have posted this since the Polec rumours have come out. If he is being traded, pick 9 is the minimum Port is getting. Forget PSD, he will not end up there. To be honest, it's more looking toward 1st rounder + some extras. Like DB said, North are after any lower range picks possible to gain draft points. If Polec goes, we end up with North first rounder as a minimum

Are you part of Ports recruitment team?
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby bertiebeatle » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:26 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
bertiebeatle wrote:Don't know how many times I have posted this since the Polec rumours have come out. If he is being traded, pick 9 is the minimum Port is getting. Forget PSD, he will not end up there. To be honest, it's more looking toward 1st rounder + some extras. Like DB said, North are after any lower range picks possible to gain draft points. If Polec goes, we end up with North first rounder as a minimum

Are you part of Ports recruitment team?

Na part of North's
bertiebeatle
Under 18s

Postby UK Fan » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:59 pm

clurey out injured

Ouch
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby tigerpie » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:49 pm

beef wrote:Anyone see on facebook last a poll Sav Rocca v Tredrea. Cant believe Rocca was winning, im not a port supporter but that's not even a comparison, Tredrea is miles ahead. Every arguement in the comments was "Rocca's kicked more goals"

Yep tredrea wins pretty easily.
Would back sav in a pure goal kicking comp though.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 500 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby UK Fan » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:37 pm

Sav easily!!!!!
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby stan » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:37 pm

I don't think North will want to go the PSD option even with all the North chest besting in here.

At the end of the day he's a senior players, plays outside and has some run and carry. Does anyone really this think Carlton will over look him?

I mean we have seen Carlton this year. Pretty sure they would love to add a senior player like him to there ranks.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:39 am

stan wrote:
I don't think North will want to go the PSD option even with all the North chest besting in here.

At the end of the day he's a senior players, plays outside and has some run and carry. Does anyone really this think Carlton will over look him?

I mean we have seen Carlton this year. Pretty sure they would love to add a senior player like him to there ranks.

He’ll be standing on the outside getting cold at Carlton waiting for someone to deliver it to him.
No silver service at Carlton unfortunately.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2519 times

Postby Booney » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:42 am

amber_fluid wrote:
stan wrote:

He’ll be standing on the outside getting cold at Carlton waiting for someone to deliver it to him.
No silver service at Carlton unfortunately.

Cripps needs someone to give it to before his body falls apart.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:46 am

Yep Cripps needs help on the inside though first.
He won’t last long in this industry playing the way he does with little too no support.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2519 times

Postby hawks21 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:57 am

I think you mean maximum. Trade value has nothing to do with how much the other club will be paying him.

He's out of contract as well which is doesn't help Port. Do you honestly think Polec is worth more than pick 9?

Players these days always get to the club they want, no doubt a deal will be struck (if he goes) where both clubs think they have won.
hawks21
Reserves

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:34 pm

Really surprised Ryder and Houston have been named to play especially with Dixon missing

Ryder has gone off the ground injured two of his last four games, who are their talls if he goes off?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby bertiebeatle » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:56 pm

hawks21 wrote:

I think you mean maximum. Trade value has nothing to do with how much the other club will be paying him.

He's out of contract as well which is doesn't help Port. Do you honestly think Polec is worth more than pick 9?

Players these days always get to the club they want, no doubt a deal will be struck (if he goes) where both clubs think they have won.

You can think that, the way the clubs are talking is that they don't think that. I believe anyone getting offered that amount is worth pick 9 and maybe something more. It is hard to say as the Atley situation has it all up in there as to exactly what the deal will be.

I am of the belief if it is Polec alone, it will be Pick 9 & a player for Polec. Looking like possibly Durdin.. Then throw in some late picks from Port to help North with their draft points. This is what I have been told is the most likely scenario at the moment
But if the deal involves Atley, then it will change a fair bit
bertiebeatle
Under 18s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL