Port Adelaide 2018

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2018

Postby Wedgie » Wed May 23, 2018 3:15 pm

morell wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
morell wrote:
am Bays wrote: critical stakeholder meetings.

get your hand off it

Lellllllll

Hand was firmly in place.

But somewhat seriously. I would spend 5 mins a day on safooty. These posts are like text messages to me. Takes 20 seconds.

People need to realise not everyone is an old man sitting at their PC in an office chicken pecking one letter at a time

Pfft, I'm an old man and I type at 60wpm.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3893 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby The Bedge » Wed May 23, 2018 3:24 pm

Wedgie wrote:Pfft, I'm an old man and I type at 60wpm.

Carn this is the 2000's, I would think most people would type 48 wpm or higher.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4000 times

Postby Wedgie » Wed May 23, 2018 3:27 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Pfft, I'm an old man and I type at 60wpm.

Carn this is the 2000's, I would think most people would type 48 wpm or higher.

Not the young blokes I used to work with. One finger typers, terribly slow.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby morell » Wed May 23, 2018 6:15 pm

morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby DoublebluTiger » Wed May 23, 2018 11:45 pm

So with Arsene Wenger gone from Arsenal what is Darren Burgess' work status looking like? Return to Australia and Port Adelaide or......?
Success is in trying
DoublebluTiger
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 50 times

Postby Booney » Mon May 28, 2018 9:54 am

A look at the Magpies and the form of the AFL listed players -

Ventured around to Alberton on the weekend, not sure why, it was dead set ugly.

Most notable was the game plan and how it differs from the good SANFL sides ( I've seen the ugly losses to Sturt and North this year ). The SANFL sides hold their shape, there's no KPI's for km's covered or pressure acts in defence for the key forwards, they hold their shape and the style we play ( Hinkley / AFL style ) plays into their hands.

We chip, chip, chip and arse around in the back half and gain no territory, by the time we do go longer to a contest we're outnumbered as the opposition don't have 5 blokes on the "fat side" away from the ball / contest. It was so evident on the weekend it wasn't evenly mildly amusing.

Player watch :

Pittard, 30 of the most uninspiring touches you'll ever see. He would have had 10-15 of his 17 kicks travel no more than 25m and 6-7 of his 10 marks would have been from kicks under 25m in the defensive 50. Got beaten in several one-on-ones, looks badly out of form.

Trengove, tried at least, but again too many short passes or quick gives to players under pressure. Spent too much time across half back looking for give-and-go's and not enough at the feet of the big man trying to make a contest when we kicked long down the line.

Barry, showed some pressure when the ball was in his area at least demonstrated some endeavor when he didn't have the ball, but that's because he doesn't get it enough.

Amon, less said about his performance the better, looked disinterested and was barely sighted when the chips were down and someone needed to stand up. Very disappointing.

Johnson, didn't get much opportunity in the front half as when the ball did make it down our end the numbers were heavily in North's favor ( see above, holding shape ) but for someone with his pace and endurance should have got to more contests.

Marshall, fantastic to see him back out on the ground with his mates and the AFL listed lads on the Allan Scott balcony certainly were happy to see him out there. Little impact, again, not a game plan that was helping the forwards.

McKenzie, held firm on a few occasions when under aerial assault, played fairly in the first half but dropped away in the second. All the talk about his super boot and I rarely see it used. If it's a weapon, fire the bloody thing!

Thomas, kicked Port's first and then got involved in some undisciplined stuff ( surprise ), then was barely seen until late in the third quarter when he kicked his second, half of our goal total for the day.

Hayes and Frampton won the hitouts 51-17, pity their opposite number kicked 8 goals including 3 in 3 minutes in the second quarter and had 6 I50's too boot. When Hinkley said there was no ruckman at SANFL level ready to play at AFL level he was right. Hayes looks the pick of the two at this stage.

Toumpas, Atley, Snelling all had very, very little impact on the contest.

I'll dig deep for some positives, Hewett looks to be developing in his midfield role, is a good ball user and can find space. Irra and Garner both try and take the game on when coming from defence, although the way the senior defenders run the ball out they might get in trouble for not following instruction.

All in all a very disappointing day on two fronts. The difference in game plan is glaringly obvious at SANFL level and just doesn't work against the simple structures the SANFL coaches employ. The senior players did little when the side was copping it, other than try to play keepies-off. Not enough forward impetus and I felt for the guys in the front half who spent most of the day wondering what the back half was doing.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10776 times

Postby goddy11 » Mon May 28, 2018 10:19 am

Hayes was being highly touted prior the AFL draft but slid down quite a way. His stats on Saturday did not look too bad. His pre draft highlights made him look a Brodie Grundy type. Give him time as ruckmen take a while to develop .
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 564 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby Booney » Mon May 28, 2018 10:22 am

goddy11 wrote:Hayes was being highly touted prior the AFL draft but slid down quite a way. His stats on Saturday did not look too bad. His pre draft highlights made him look a Brodie Grundy type. Give him time as ruckmen take a while to develop .

Two times in the All-Australian side at U18 level, 202cm, mobile, looks very promising, I agree.

Clubs baulked at him due to his apparent lack of aerobic ability, Port obviously believe they can train that into him.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 28, 2018 11:17 am

Some positives from the weekend, it was only a few years ago we struggled against the bye.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon May 28, 2018 11:56 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Some positives from the weekend, it was only a few years ago we struggled against the bye.

The reserves struggled
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11844 times
Been liked: 3600 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 28, 2018 1:30 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Some positives from the weekend, it was only a few years ago we struggled against the bye.

The reserves struggled

With a shit load of AFL games between them too.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Mon May 28, 2018 7:08 pm

Wedgie wrote:
MW wrote:
Brodlach wrote:I heard Ryder had scans on Monday on his Achilles, might be just a follow up though

would you scan something that was feeling ok though?

No.
Tore my Achilles and suffered from tendinitis before that as well as a couple of strains. My daughter is also a physio. Have a good education and understanding of them.
He'd know if it's OK, it's only be scanned again if it's inflamed again or uncomfortable which would indicate tendonitis at the least.

I was spot on with my assessment of Van Berlo in the past too.

Ryder has now come out and said his achilles won't be right till post season.
Copped a bit at the time but Dr Wedgie maintains his 100% record when it comes to achilles diagnosis.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby LMA » Tue May 29, 2018 9:19 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
MW wrote:
Brodlach wrote:I heard Ryder had scans on Monday on his Achilles, might be just a follow up though

would you scan something that was feeling ok though?

No.
Tore my Achilles and suffered from tendinitis before that as well as a couple of strains. My daughter is also a physio. Have a good education and understanding of them.
He'd know if it's OK, it's only be scanned again if it's inflamed again or uncomfortable which would indicate tendonitis at the least.

I was spot on with my assessment of Van Berlo in the past too.

Ryder has now come out and said his achilles won't be right till post season.
Copped a bit at the time but Dr Wedgie maintains his 100% record when it comes to achilles diagnosis.

Maybe you could get a job on the Cats medical staff, they need a bit of help after what they've done to your boy Menzel
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Booney » Thu May 31, 2018 9:32 am

PORT ADELAIDE has always had some of the most loyal supporters in Australia, and now the statistics back it up.

After setting a new club membership record and passing 60,000 members for a fourth consecutive year, it’s been revealed that the club is ranked second in the AFL, behind only premiers Richmond, for member retention year-on-year.

In fact, 93% of all eleven-game reserve seat members from 2017 have continued their membership this year.

The club’s current tally of 60,822 members surpasses the 60,450 in 2015.

Importantly, free electronic members are not included in this tally, with only paid-up members counted to preserve the integrity of the membership count.

Port Adelaide Executive General Manager Matthew Richardson, said the result showed the club’s member-first approach was paying dividends.

“Our loyal members hold us to high standards, and we have to meet those standards,” he said.

“We place a higher value to being a member of your club and conversion from fans or supporters into members is important to us.

“Building a personal connection with our members, where they feel genuinely part of the club in whichever way they connect with us is critical.

“It could be at game day, through our regular communications and digital content or just through how we engage and talk to our members but it’s all important.

“They are our most important stakeholders and we have to live that in all we do as a club.”

The pleasing news continues with Port Adelaide recording an average attendance at Adelaide Oval of 42,757, up from 38,136 in 2017, despite some challenging time slots in the fixtures so far.

The club ranks a remarkable first in the competition for General Admission member “show” rates at home games and fourth for its overall member attendance.

It was only at Port Adelaide’s last home game in Round 8 against Adelaide that coach Ken Hinkley lauded the Power supporters for their help in willing his side to a thrilling victory.

“How good were the Power fans tonight? For us to have a home Showdown and the noise that they made tonight, I just thought ‘wow’,” Hinkley said.

“I think they got us over the line tonight, I think that shouldn’t be underestimated how good it was to have a home Showdown and win big for them.

“I hope they go home tonight feeling really proud of their footy team.”

Memberships are still available at weareportadelaide.com.au from as little as $25 for a junior membership.

Three-game General Admission memberships are available for just $100 and under a new Super June promotion three-game reserve seat membership will cost only $120.

That will entitle members to attend the blockbuster Round 11 Friday night clash against Richmond, the Thursday night Round 12 game against the Western Bulldogs and the Round 13 Friday night game against Melbourne.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu May 31, 2018 10:11 am

That’s great news for port fans

Does it say anywhere how many of those members are 11 gamers? I’ve been wanting to know this about every club for ages but they don’t seem to be forthcoming with that info
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 31, 2018 10:22 am

bennymacca wrote:That’s great news for port fans

Does it say anywhere how many of those members are 11 gamers? I’ve been wanting to know this about every club for ages but they don’t seem to be forthcoming with that info

Come on benny, they don't want the public to know these numbers.

#smokingmirrors
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Thu May 31, 2018 10:28 am

Do Port count their members who join for nothing like the Crows do?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3500 times

Postby Booney » Thu May 31, 2018 10:33 am

Dutchy wrote:

Importantly, free electronic members are not included in this tally, with only paid-up members counted to preserve the integrity of the membership count.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby bertiebeatle » Thu May 31, 2018 10:52 am

KT was on 5aa the other night & i think he said they were hoping of getting 63 or 64k in total by the end of the season. Can't remember exactly the amount but would be great if we can get around that total!
bertiebeatle
Under 18s

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu May 31, 2018 11:06 am

Dutchy wrote:

trust me, Im not throwing stones in this glasshouse. its precisely why I think those membership numbers are bullshit. for all sides really.

I suspect that port have a LOT more 3 game members than the crows do - I think that is evident by the differences in crowd sizes for low drawing teams.

But I also think a team like Richmond would have many, many <11 game memberships more than both the crows and power
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL