AFL media

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL media

Postby Bum Crack » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:19 am

Will the port game be shown live in Adelaide on Saturday or will it be a delayed telecast?
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:20 am

Bum Crack wrote:Will the port game be shown live in Adelaide on Saturday or will it be a delayed telecast?

Live on 7 :

https://www.afl.com.au/broadcast-guide-premiership
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby MW » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:28 am

Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:So there's a doco on Travis Boak on tonight. Say what? What's he done again? Will it show all the famous finals failures and choked crucial shots over the years? You might as well have a doco on Rohan Smith or Dyson Heppell. Cripes, might as well go for Kane Cornes at least he won a flag.

regards,

REB

missed it but will look it up as what he has done to transform his training and form is really interesting, I know he spends a lot of time with Mick Fanning, I genuinely believe he thinks he can play another 3-4 years, whether thats good for Port is another question but I am enjoying his story.

Absolutely he can and I expect he will. In the next 2 years we'll see some of older blokes retire leaving Boak as one of the few 30+ on the list, I reckon he plays at least 3 more and pushes towards 400 games.

The issue for Port is do you keep him going in the midfield at the expense of developing your kids or put him back to the forward flank graveyard where he has struggled in the past.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Bum Crack » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:32 am

Booney wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:Will the port game be shown live in Adelaide on Saturday or will it be a delayed telecast?

Live on 7 :

https://www.afl.com.au/broadcast-guide-premiership

Cheers. Will be in town at a piss up so won't be able to get to the game.
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:35 am

whufc wrote:
I actually think we might see a bit more of this over the next 5-10 years. With all the technology, science and training methods those players who are willing to look after themselves to the absolute optimum will have the chance to play into the mid 30's.

I think we are already seeing it, Boomer showed it can be done with perfect preparation and a number are following now - Boak, Mundy, Goldy, Ryder etc

While physical preparation is the key, the mental side of doing that when your body is pushing against you would be so bloody tough, I take my hat off to them all.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:43 am

MW wrote:
Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:So there's a doco on Travis Boak on tonight. Say what? What's he done again? Will it show all the famous finals failures and choked crucial shots over the years? You might as well have a doco on Rohan Smith or Dyson Heppell. Cripes, might as well go for Kane Cornes at least he won a flag.

regards,

REB

missed it but will look it up as what he has done to transform his training and form is really interesting, I know he spends a lot of time with Mick Fanning, I genuinely believe he thinks he can play another 3-4 years, whether thats good for Port is another question but I am enjoying his story.

Absolutely he can and I expect he will. In the next 2 years we'll see some of older blokes retire leaving Boak as one of the few 30+ on the list, I reckon he plays at least 3 more and pushes towards 400 games.

The issue for Port is do you keep him going in the midfield at the expense of developing your kids or put him back to the forward flank graveyard where he has struggled in the past.

While he's playing at the level required you keep him in there, no brainer. Still averaging 27 touches, 5 tackles, 5 I50, 6 clearances a game in 2022 and had 29, 2 goals and 10 I50 against Melbourne on the weekend. Going ok I think.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Bum Crack » Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:05 am

Dutchy wrote:
whufc wrote:
I actually think we might see a bit more of this over the next 5-10 years. With all the technology, science and training methods those players who are willing to look after themselves to the absolute optimum will have the chance to play into the mid 30's.

I think we are already seeing it, Boomer showed it can be done with perfect preparation and a number are following now - Boak, Mundy, Goldy, Ryder etc

While physical preparation is the key, the mental side of doing that when your body is pushing against you would be so bloody tough, I take my hat off to them all.

That bloke Hawkins does ok too for his age
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:51 pm

Wedgie wrote:Well the karma bus is going to smack us now, good one REB!

If I could effect the results of AFL games I would have retired years ago. :D

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:54 pm

Booney wrote:

regards,

REB

Tune in mate, you'll see his tireless work with the Childhood Cancer Association inspired by losing his Dad to cancer. The opening monologue is spoken by kids who have fought cancer or the siblings of those who have had a fight. Tune in to see what's widely regarded as the most elite preparation across the whole competition, physically and mentally, to be the best player he can be.

The documentary however is about Boak's change in mindset in 2018, instead of a complete focus on football he changed his focus to being the best human he can be first and foremost, how that has helped him maintain his on field performances after turning 30 and how that inspires those around him. There's more to life than football.

Enjoy the win on Saturday though.

If the doco helps one kid with Cancer consider my tune changed. =D> As for the win, it's not a win until it's a win and when it is a win I'm sure I'll enjoy it...um...just got to win first. ;)

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby Armchair expert » Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:27 pm

So there's a front page article on Travis Boak on today. Say what? What's he done again? Will it show all the famous finals failures and choked crucial shots over the years? You might as well have a article on Rohan Smith or Dyson Heppell. Cripes, might as well go for Kane Cornes at least he won a flag.

regards,

AE
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby DoublebluTiger » Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:18 am

For those interested in the impending broadcast rights deal. Very real possibility of Crows and Port not being on free to air which is old news but supposedly the free to air stranglehold Non Victorians clubs puts a dent in the value price broadcasters are offering and with AFLW wage increases and other big spending, plus losses incurred by Covid, the AFL will be looking for every penny they can get.

Ch 7 want to show games on their streaming service 7plus should they win the rights again.

https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/game-on-bids-roll-in-for-multi-billion-dollar-afl-deal-20220729-p5b5st.html
Success is in trying
DoublebluTiger
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 50 times

Postby locky801 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:35 pm

Watching AFL tonight on Fox, female presenter easy on the eye but talks a million miles an hour and very hard to understand

FFS bring back Cath Durkin ;)
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:03 pm

The state of the media, in an "exclusive" club president speaks with contracted club coach :roll:

The Age reports Dave Barham, who took over from Paul Brasher as Bombers president at the start of the week and has been driving the push for Clarkson, has already spoken with Rutten and the team’s leadership group.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Armchair expert » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:18 pm

Clarkson Essendon coach to be announced tomorrow
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby tigerpie » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:23 pm

Armchair expert wrote:Clarkson Essendon coach to be announced tomorrow

So north it is then ;)
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:39 pm

Armchair expert wrote:Clarkson Essendon coach to be announced tomorrow
Doubtful IMO
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby DOC » Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:57 am

The timing of it suggests it could only be North or GWS who have caretaker coaches. GWS talk has been strangely quiet this week..

Essendon are surely not going to have him announce his signing thus signaling Rutten's departure the day before the last match.

Whoever it is I think will be paying the luxury tax in order to fit him in.

So GWS it is.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby whufc » Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:03 am

DOC wrote:The timing of it suggests it could only be North or GWS who have caretaker coaches. GWS talk has been strangely quiet this week..

Essendon are surely not going to have him announce his signing thus signaling Rutten's departure the day before the last match.

So GWS it is.

For mine GWS would be the perfect fit.

Probably the best of the 3 lists.....

Shown to have some stability even with how they handled the Cameron exit

Being in Sydney would give Clarkson a chance to finish of his career with a little bit less media exposure etc which he doesn't seem to enjoy.

Chance to create brand new history for a club would have to be appetising.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:09 am

whufc wrote:
DOC wrote:The timing of it suggests it could only be North or GWS who have caretaker coaches. GWS talk has been strangely quiet this week..

So GWS it is.

For mine GWS would be the perfect fit.

Probably the best of the 3 lists.....

Shown to have some stability even with how they handled the Cameron exit

Being in Sydney would give Clarkson a chance to finish of his career with a little bit less media exposure etc which he doesn't seem to enjoy.

Chance to create brand new history for a club would have to be appetising.

Clarkson has already ruled out going to Sydney. He has stated he wants to coach a Melbourne club.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby DOC » Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:28 am

His comments to the media at Melbourne Airport last night where along the lines that he would make an announcement Friday afternoon as he had a lot of respect for Rutten, Adams and McVeigh.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL