AFL media

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL media

Postby MW » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:27 am

If ever there was proof that some commentators don't actually watch the game and discuss it anyway, this morning Kane Cornes' take on the Danger bump was that it was a ball to be won and Kelly got there first so Danger had no choice but to protect himself...even though Kelly had possession 15 metres before and was in the process of kicking the ball... I kid you not...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:36 am

Rik E Boy wrote:You people are on drugs Robbo is shocking. Makes it all about him all the time.

regards,

REB

Try reading the ramblings he produces at a key board.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Brodlach » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:45 am

MW wrote:If ever there was proof that some commentators don't actually watch the game and discuss it anyway, this morning Kane Cornes' take on the Danger bump was that it was a ball to be won and Kelly got there first so Danger had no choice but to protect himself...even though Kelly had possession 15 metres before and was in the process of kicking the ball... I kid you not...

Swap Kelly for Butters and his opinion would do a 180 degree flip.

Can’t listen to that show in the morning for more than 2 minutes, I tend to tune in on the way to work when Rucci has his segment
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby MW » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:48 am

I don't care if they want to shitbag the crows every minute, but at least get it right! His want to be controversial is coming at the expense of being accurate now
MW
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:50 am

Brodlach wrote:
MW wrote:If ever there was proof that some commentators don't actually watch the game and discuss it anyway, this morning Kane Cornes' take on the Danger bump was that it was a ball to be won and Kelly got there first so Danger had no choice but to protect himself...even though Kelly had possession 15 metres before and was in the process of kicking the ball... I kid you not...

Swap Kelly for Butters and his opinion would do a 180 degree flip.

Can’t listen to that show in the morning for more than 2 minutes, I tend to tune in on the way to work when Rucci has his segment

I've never bothered with SEN in the morning and I don't bother with Rowe now in the afternoon.

In the last few weeks I'd heard Rowe :

Questioning SA Health on their crowd numbers at Adelaide Oval. Communicable disease expert.

Questioning why Richmond were changing from Chairman to Chairperson, world gone mad he said. Neanderthal.

Questioning if two Adelaide AFLW players being in a relationship would need to be "managed" inside the club. Neanderthal.

And of course "little Jimmy" and the nauseating level that's reached.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby MW » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:57 am

Agree with you Booney

I was enjoying Bob and Andy until the old grandpas came back in Rucci and Kymbo
MW
Coach

Postby JK » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:22 am

MW wrote:I don't care if they want to shitbag the crows every minute, but at least get it right! His want to be controversial is coming at the expense of being accurate now

I dont mind the SEN breakfast show nor KC for that matter, and I think he raises some valid points .. But .. There's definitely times that are exactly as you've said here. Anything to get the callers lining up I guess and seems Kane's decided the easiest way to go about it is to stick the boot into the Crows at every opportunity.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby DOC » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:05 am

On the C9 footy show yesterday, he was bagging Tony Jones who had filled in at 3AW as a couple of callers referred to him by other names.

Jones who was pissed off said well on 3AW we get callers and listeners where as you are on SEN and get neither.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:02 am

The Bedge wrote:
Spargo wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:Anyone else formerly have access to the Telstra Live Pass through the AFL app find out they need to pay for Kayo now?
Was announced some time ago

Yeah, opening promo is $5 a month for the first 12 months.

Sadly I wasn’t allowed to have the promo coz i had formerly signed up to Kayo. What a joke.

Put it under someone else name in the household?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Armchair expert » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:09 am

MW wrote:I don't care if they want to shitbag the crows every minute, but at least get it right! His want to be controversial is coming at the expense of being accurate now

He thinks he is a master troll like his dad, he doesn't have the wit
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Jase » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:24 am

Dutchy wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Sadly I wasn’t allowed to have the promo coz i had formerly signed up to Kayo. What a joke.

That is strange as I was able to setup the $5 Kayo connection, via the Telstra app on my phone. I was a past subscriber to Kayo and had no trouble with being able to re-setup the account using the same login details and getting the promo.

Did you try to do the setup via, the AFL site or Telstra?
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1476 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:47 am

Dutchy wrote:

No one else in the house likes him.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby JK » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:57 am

Did 360 address the the missed HTB calls from the weekend (Cats v Bris, WC v Dogs) does anyone know? They didn't from the little bit that I saw an OTC didn't touch on it at all either.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:06 pm

JK wrote:Did 360 address the the missed HTB calls from the weekend (Cats v Bris, WC v Dogs) does anyone know? They didn't from the little bit that I saw an OTC didn't touch on it at all either.

i dont believe they did
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby JK » Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:20 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
JK wrote:Did 360 address the the missed HTB calls from the weekend (Cats v Bris, WC v Dogs) does anyone know? They didn't from the little bit that I saw an OTC didn't touch on it at all either.

i dont believe they did

Makes you wonder if it was an AFL directive, would have thought it was a reasonable talking point. To be fair there’s a fair bit of good news to discuss on the game at the moment so maybe they focused on that. Have my doubts though
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:23 pm

JK wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

i dont believe they did

Makes you wonder if it was an AFL directive, would have thought it was a reasonable talking point. To be fair there’s a fair bit of good news to discuss on the game at the moment so maybe they focused on that. Have my doubts though
It got a decent run Monday morning on SEN and Gerard may have been over it by that night.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby JK » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:20 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
JK wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

i dont believe they did

It got a decent run Monday morning on SEN and Gerard may have been over it by that night.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Yep fair call bud
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:24 pm

This might surprise no one but I'm done with the media.

Rd 1 it was Grundy who was spent (7 million dollar bust I think was the title - Rd 2 cut it up)
Rd 2 it was Cripps/Teague

They are vultures. Trying to scavenge at anything. So this week it will be Freo, St Kilda, Richmond I presume although Richmond have credits, so Hardwick's resignation might not be called for!

Piss off the lot of you. I. AM. DONE. Overreacting mob of wanchors.

Go Blues.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby DOC » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:59 pm

So unless live. you will never watch, listen or read anything?
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby gadj1976 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:18 pm

DOC wrote:So unless live. you will never watch, listen or read anything?

I think there needs to be someone in the media which outs these clowns as clowns. It might be me! ;-) Realistically there are a few forums for a media outlet which criticises the critics. At the moment there is the Shovel, the Onion the Betoota but they are comical commentary. Someone, seriously needs to out these commentators that ridicule those having a bad game. In this day and age where mental health is at the top of the agenda for sports persons, why aren't the media under the same scrutiny that sportsmen/women are? That might make them think again about bagging a "Grundy" for instance for one bad (although I didn't think it was bad) game.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL