RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Re: Adelaide Crows 2018

Postby Fricky » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:04 am

I think we'll be lucky to make the finals from here. Long-ish term injuries to key players. Falling asleep for big parts of the game allowing the oppositions to bang on a heap of goals and playing catch up. Fitness.

The next month will show how much ticker the players have.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:10 am

Fricky wrote:I think we'll be lucky to make the finals from here. Long-ish term injuries to key players. Falling asleep for big parts of the game allowing the oppositions to bang on a heap of goals and playing catch up. Fitness.

It's been an unbelievable run of injury. Two years of hardly anything going *ping* and now this.

Wonder if the late preseason start saw the fitness staff really load the players up late in the preseason and that's been the net result, so many injuries?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:11 am

Robran wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Brad crouch headed for surgery on his groin

Mmm pretty sure someone said this a few weeks ago. He was always going for surgery should of been couple weeks ago but birdman said no surgery required, so he didn't look stupid hence why its happening now.

Campbell Brown ran with it on Talking Footy weeks ago, said Crouch had consulted a surgeon and surgery was the most likely outcome.

Wonder if the lad will ever get any continuity from his body?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:16 am

Fricky wrote:I think we'll be lucky to make the finals from here. Long-ish term injuries to key players. Falling asleep for big parts of the game allowing the oppositions to bang on a heap of goals and playing catch up. Fitness.

The last month has shown how much ticker the players have.

EFA
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2609 times
Been liked: 1850 times

Postby MW » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:17 am

Booney wrote:
Robran wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Brad crouch headed for surgery on his groin

Mmm pretty sure someone said this a few weeks ago. He was always going for surgery should of been couple weeks ago but birdman said no surgery required, so he didn't look stupid hence why its happening now.

Campbell Brown ran with it on Talking Footy weeks ago, said Crouch had consulted a surgeon and surgery was the most likely outcome.

Wonder if the lad will ever get any continuity from his body?

Doesn't look like it Booney. I think he needs to reinvent himself. He is a big bodied mid but maybe he's not cut out for carrying the weight...might need to slim down and play another role if he can...not sure what that is though.
MW
Coach

Postby mots02 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:18 am

Booney wrote:

It's been an unbelievable run of injury. Two years of hardly anything going *ping* and now this.

Wonder if the late preseason start saw the fitness staff really load the players up late in the preseason and that's been the net result, so many injuries?

That seems the most likely scenario - whatever they've done they've got it horribly wrong.

There's a degree of bad luck with injuries and then there's our injuries this year, many self inflicted by a poor program.
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 880 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:21 am

mots02 wrote:
Booney wrote:

That seems the most likely scenario - whatever they've done they've got it horribly wrong.

There's a degree of bad luck with injuries and then there's our injuries this year, many self inflicted by a poor program.

Impact ( knees, ankles etc ) are just part of the game, but hamstrings, groins etc can be part of the conditioning. I'm sure they're looking very closely at the program they ran over the summer.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:25 am

mots02 wrote:
Booney wrote:
mots02 wrote:
Booney wrote:
All good, Milera.

Did Milera Snr towel you up on the field one day? Steal your lunch money or run off with your Mrs?

Just looking to rationalise your fixation with his son!

Never met him, so no, no and I doubt she would.

I just enjoy watching him play, that's all. :D

Ah ok, i thought it might have been an issue you had with his family.

it's just an old fashioned man crush ... that explains it!

Thought he was really good yesterday.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:29 am

Yep he was one of the few that can hold his head high.

The thing that concerns me is not just the injuries but the players down on form.

Lynch copped a heavy knock early but hasn’t been great all year. Jacobs clearly carrying something. Atkins has dropped away from his bright start to the year.

Greenwood and CEY are two that have stepped up and are playing close to their maximum abilities but just don’t have the class to be the main midfielders.

Jenkins and Betts were ok last night but you would have written them down for 40-50 each at the start of the year and they don’t look close to that.

Really concerning.

Freo away and Hawthorn at the G before our bye. This will define our season. If we play to 80% of what we did last year we should beat both and head into the bye at 8-5 which wouldn’t be bad.

But if we play like we have the last two weeks we will be 6-7 and will not make finals.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:32 am

bennymacca wrote:Yep he was one of the few that can hold his head high.

:lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:33 am

The thing that concerns me is not just the injuries but the players down on form.

Lynch copped a heavy knock early but hasn’t been great all year. Jacobs clearly carrying something. Atkins has dropped away from his bright start to the year.

Greenwood and CEY are two that have stepped up and are playing close to their maximum abilities but just don’t have the class to be the main midfielders.

Jenkins and Betts were ok last night but you would have written them down for 40-50 each at the start of the year and they don’t look close to that.

Really concerning.

Freo away and Hawthorn at the G before our bye. This will define our season. If we play to 80% of what we did last year we should beat both and head into the bye at 8-5 which wouldn’t be bad.

But if we play like we have the last two weeks we will be 6-7 and will not make finals.

Both benefit from having Walker and mcgoven in the side. No way jenkins can play as our number one forward. Did you notice we scored more goals while jenkins was off the ground? Sauce has been poor all year, if he's injured id like to see them give O'brien a go as we have no idea about our other ruckman
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby MW » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:45 am

Booney wrote:

trolling level: expert
MW
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:59 am

MW wrote:
Booney wrote:

Who, me?

Stop being silly.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby JK » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:04 am

If I were the Crows I'd seriously consider putting the cue in the rack. Get the best draft pick(s) they can which coupled with compensation for Sloane and Lynch plus the picks they've already secured, could really put them well placed for the next decade if done right.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4460 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:11 am

JK wrote:If I were the Crows I'd seriously consider putting the cue in the rack. Get the best draft pick(s) they can which coupled with compensation for Sloane and Lynch plus the picks they've already secured, could really put them well placed for the next decade if done right.

They have 7,10*,19 and 37 now. Probably get an end of 1st rounder for Sloane and end 2nd round for Lynch if they both go. Would give them 4 in the first 20 and 6 in the first 40.

If they do as you have suggested they're closing this window in the "hope" of opening another one in 3-5 years, while they have an excellent recruiting record it's still a raffle. Not sure the customers would be happy with that.

*As the ladder stands.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:12 am

Booney wrote:
MW wrote:
Booney wrote:

Who, me?

Stop being silly.

Ah so you didn’t actually watch any of the game then

Gotcha
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:14 am

I missed the 1st quarter I'll admit that, but I watched most of his 14 touches at 50%, yes.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby JK » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:17 am

Booney wrote:
JK wrote:If I were the Crows I'd seriously consider putting the cue in the rack. Get the best draft pick(s) they can which coupled with compensation for Sloane and Lynch plus the picks they've already secured, could really put them well placed for the next decade if done right.

They have 7,10*,19 and 37 now. Probably get an end of 1st rounder for Sloane and end 2nd round for Lynch if they both go. Would give them 4 in the first 20 and 6 in the first 40.

If they do as you have suggested they're closing this window in the "hope" of opening another one in 3-5 years, while they have an excellent recruiting record it's still a raffle. Not sure the customers would be happy with that.

*As the ladder stands.

Which is why they won't do it, as they haven't previously. But it's the perfect time imho - Easy enough to tell the customers that injuries ruined their season (which to be fair is true).

Losing Sloane and Lynch will be no different to what they've faced this season effectively, by necessity they should have hastened the progress of Fogerty, Murphy, Gallucci, Poholke and anyone else they see as part of the future. Might be the perfect time to give Jacobs a rest and see what ROB has to offer.

Their best players are all on the wrong side of 25 and I think they're crying out for some genuine young top shelf talent, so the list needs re-invigorating anyway.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4460 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby MW » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:23 am

We need line breaking speed who can use the ball and key forwards who can take a contested mark, not just McGovern. Long way from building that up.
MW
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL