St Kilda

Talk on the national game

Re: St Kilda 2018

Postby Jim05 » Sun May 26, 2019 7:07 pm

Anyone else hear the interview with McCartin on Triple M?
Was pretty disturbing TBH and I can’t can’t see how he is ever allowed back on a football field
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby MW » Sun May 26, 2019 7:55 pm

Jim05 wrote:Anyone else hear the interview with McCartin on Triple M?
Was pretty disturbing TBH and I can’t can’t see how he is ever allowed back on a football field

I heard about it. He needs to retire the poor bloke
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2602 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby Booney » Mon May 27, 2019 7:31 am

Have to feel for the bloke, I just hope he gets back to being himself again, football means nothing here.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon May 27, 2019 7:42 am

Booney wrote:

Have to feel for the bloke, I just hope he gets back to being himself again, football means nothing here.

Yep, very scary when you hear him say things like he can’t leave the house because of constant headaches and his partner is basically his full time carer.
Sounds like the Saints have pretty much crossed him off the list but he is having a hard time accepting it
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Mon May 27, 2019 8:58 am

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:

Yep, very scary when you hear him say things like he can’t leave the house because of constant headaches and his partner is basically his full time carer.
Sounds like the Saints have pretty much crossed him off the list but he is having a hard time accepting it

Agreed, you would think he's never playing football again, let alone AFL football but as I mentioned above, that should be the last thing he's thinking about.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby JK » Mon May 27, 2019 10:50 am

Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:

Agreed, you would think he's never playing football again, let alone AFL football but as I mentioned above, that should be the last thing he's thinking about.

You're right, football shouldn't be a concern but it would be all he's used to and obviously forms a huge component of his identity (either real or perceived). Would be an incredibly tough period for the young man and I really feel for him.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 27, 2019 11:20 am

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:

A gentleman who used to play footy with worked security as one of his jobs, he was king hit one night by a drunk and suffers PCS.

Saw him the other week, spoke about how bad his days can be - sometimes even the sounds of his kids voices give him thumping headaches and panic attacks.. has to lie down in dark rooms often, has anxiety issues leaving the house. Can't work, cant support his family which also impacts his mental and physical health.

Scary and sad, feel for those who have to manage with these things - and why concussion should (and is) treated with such high importance these days.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby UK Fan » Mon May 27, 2019 11:52 am

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:

I think He is contracted for another year so rookie list maybe.

Patty with concussion and Roberton with his heart condition will probably have to retire early

Here’s hoping Jack Steven can recover from his issues.

5-5 without Geary Steven Carlisle Lonie Hannebery Roberton & Patty has been a fair effort from the Saints.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby Bum Crack » Mon May 27, 2019 3:41 pm

UK Fan wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:

I think He is contracted for another year so rookie list maybe.

Patty with concussion and Roberton with his heart condition will probably have to retire early

Here’s hoping Jack Steven can recover from his issues.

5-5 without Geary Steven Carlisle Lonie Hannebery Roberton & Patty has been a fair effort from the Saints.

There's no way he will play footy again. No club is going to leave themselves liable and play him after all of this coming out.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby saintal » Mon May 27, 2019 10:31 pm

Yep, agree with the consensus here that he's played his last game at AFL level (and potentially any level). Didn't realise the situation is that dire for him.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue May 28, 2019 4:47 pm

Jim05 wrote:Swans are still pissing themselves laughing

Not really. They took Dan Menzel.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby Jase » Tue May 28, 2019 4:57 pm

saintal wrote:Yep, agree with the consensus here that he's played his last game at AFL level (and potentially any level). Didn't realise the situation is that dire for him.

I'm assuming that there would be some sort of insurance provided by the AFL or the AFLPA that would allow him to be paid/covered if he is unable to play.

I hope he can get himself better, don't worry about playing footy again, but to be able to live a reasonable standard of life...

Poor Fella...
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1479 times
Been liked: 552 times

Postby Bum Crack » Tue May 28, 2019 5:15 pm

Jase wrote:
saintal wrote:Yep, agree with the consensus here that he's played his last game at AFL level (and potentially any level). Didn't realise the situation is that dire for him.

I'm assuming that there would be some sort of insurance provided by the AFL or the AFLPA that would allow him to be paid/covered if he is unable to play.

I hope he can get himself better, don't worry about playing footy again, but to be able to live a reasonable standard of life...

Poor Fella...

It would be like Workcover wouldn't it? Injured during the course of his employment so he will be getting paid still which will ultimately lead to a fair payout one would think if he is forced to retire.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:18 am

Richo gone
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:24 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Richo gone

Link?
I can’t find one
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2519 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:25 am

amber_fluid wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Richo gone

Link?
I can’t find one

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/st-kil ... b8acbb256a
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby mots02 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:25 am

Reporting it on SEN. press conference at 12
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 877 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby saintal » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:33 am

Inevitable. 43 wins from 126 starts, 6 years in the chair for a couple of mid-table finishes and little else. The second longest serving coach in the club’s history.

Has done a reasonable job this year in light of injuries and on the back of last season’s debacle, but we play a very uninspiring brand of footy and seem incapable of rectifying deficiencies in the forward half. It’s like watching the same game every bloody week.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby JK » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:04 pm

Im a big Richo fan, always conducts himself really well imho. Think he's had more than his share of challenges (average list, stars at the end of their time, injuries/illness to their best players etc). That said, 6 years is a long time at the helm in modern footy so can't really argue you haven't had long enough.

Hope he remains involved in footy.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Jim05 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:04 pm

Brad Scott come on down :)
Jim05
Coach