AFLX

Talk on the national game

AFLX

Postby Wedgie » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:21 pm

Working at this on Thursday night at Coopers Stadiumm so probably won't see much. Some decent players showing up, itll be the first time for a while since footy was last played at Hindmarsh!

From AFL.com.au

Freo superstar Nat Fyfe will play AFLX

FREMANTLE superstar Nat Fyfe has been picked to line up for the Dockers in Thursday night's AFLX debut, with the club also set to unveil prized No.2 draft pick Andrew Brayshaw.

The six clubs competing in the round-robin tournament at Hindmarsh Stadium were able to name up to 20 players in their squad, with clubs to lodge their final 10-man teams prior to each of their games.

While some clubs have chosen to play largely inexperienced sides, Fyfe will lead the Dockers, while Bradley Hill and Michael Walters have also been named.

Port Adelaide has also decided to pick a smattering of senior players, with recruits Jack Watts, Jack Trengove and Trent McKenzie all set to feature, while Robbie Gray will captain the Power.

Adelaide will head into the games with a young squad, which will include father-son pair Jackson Edwards and Ben Jarman – the sons of Crows premiership players Tyson Edwards and Darren Jarman.

Mitch Duncan and Tom Hawkins head the Geelong squad, while mature-age draftee Tim Kelly will feature in the blue and white hoops for the first time after a promising pre-season.

But Cats fans will have to wait a little longer to see champion midfielder and favourite son Gary Ablett in his return to the club, with the ex-Gold Coast captain not named. Fellow stars Patrick Dangerfield and Joel Selwood will also not take part.

Steele Sidebottom will be Collingwood's captain as the highest profile Magpie in AFLX, while top-10 draft pick Jaidyn Stephenson, an exciting half-forward/midfielder, will also head to Adelaide.

West Coast's team is largely made up of youngsters with draftees Jarrod Brander, Jack Petruccelle, Hamish Brayshaw, Brayden Ainsworth and rookie Ryan Burrows all named.

AFLX squads
Adelaide (18-man squad)
7. Jordan Gallucci, 8. Jake Kelly, 17. Curtly Hampton, 19. Jackson Edwards, 22. Andy Otten, 25. Kyle Cheney, 28. Cam Ellis-Yolmen, 31. Patrick Wilson, 34. Elliott Himmelberg, 35. Matthew Signorello, 37. Paul Hunter, 38. Harry Dear, 39. Tom Doedee, 40. Ben Davis, 42. Alex Keath, 43. Reilly O’Brien, 44. Lachie Murphy, 45. Ben Jarman

Collingwood (14-man squad)
11. Jarryd Blair, 14. James Aish, 21. Tom Phillips, 22. Steele Sidebottom, 24. Josh Thomas, 25. Jack Crisp, 28. Nathan Murphy, 29. Tim Broomhead, 32. Will Hoskin-Elliott, 35. Jaidyn Stephenson, 37. Brayden Maynard, 39. Ben Crocker, 40. Josh Smith, 44. Jack Madgen

Fremantle (20-man squad)
2. Griffin Logue, 3. Brandon Matera, 6. Danyle Pearce, 7. Nat Fyfe, 8. Andrew Brayshaw, 9. Bradley Hill, 10. Michael Walters, 11. Tommy Sheridan, 12. Mitchell Crowden, 18. Darcy Tucker, 19. Connor Blakely, 23. Cameron McCarthy, 26. Ed Langdon, 28. Brady Grey, 33. Cameron Sutcliffe, 36. Brennan Cox, 38. Luke Ryan, 41. Bailey Banfield, 42. Stefan Giro, 44. Taylin Duman

Geelong (18-man squad)
3. Brandan Parfitt, 10. Daniel Menzel, 11. Tim Kelly, 12. Wylie Buzza, 13. Lachie Fogarty, 21. Jordan Murdoch, 22. Mitch Duncan, 23. Aaron Black, 24. Jed Bews, 26. Tom Hawkins, 27. Sam Menegola, 31. Jordan Cunico, 32. Gryan Miers, 34. James Parsons, 39. Zach Guthrie, 40. Jackson Thurlow, 44. Tom Stewart, 46. Mark Blicavs

Port Adelaide (19-man squad)
9. Robbie Gray, 12. Trent McKenzie, 13. Todd Marshall, 15. Karl Amon, 17. Tom Clurey, 18. Jimmy Toumpas, 19. Jack Trengove, 23. Jack Watts, 24. Kane Farrell, 26. Riley Bonner, 27. Joel Garner, 29. Jasper Pittard, 32. Dougal Howard, 37. Jake Patmore, 40. Jarrod Lienert, 41. Dom Barry, 43. Dan Houston, 44. Cameron Hewett, 46. Sam Gray

West Coast (15-man squad)
10. Jarrod Brander, 14. Liam Duggan, 18. Daniel Venables, 21. Jack Petruccelle, 22. Hamish Brayshaw, 26. Francis Watson, 28. Tom Cole, 30. Jackson Nelson, 32. Ryan Burrows, 33. Brayden Ainsworth, 35. Josh Rotham, 39. Malcolm Karpany, 43. Matt Allen, 44. Willie Rioli, 45. Jake Waterman
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2049 times
Been liked: 3891 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: AFLX

Postby Wedgie » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:27 pm

AFLX-Rules-Infographic-912px.jpg
(238.46 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Booney » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:35 am

Fyfe has withdrawn.

Look at the squads, nobody is taking this seriously.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7493 times
Been liked: 10776 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:03 am

Booney wrote:Fyfe has withdrawn.

Look at the squads, nobody is taking this seriously.

Why would you? It's a load of frog shit, should look more at evening out the draw if they're playing this stuff in mid February followed by the JLT crap that isn't worth a penny anymore.

At least the NAB Cup had some value to it and it gave the likes of Carlton etc. to win something.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:27 am

Theres some premiership players in the squads, much better players were selected than I expected. The clubs seem to be giving it more respect than the SANFL clubs gave fast footy.
I'm looking forward to it but reserve the right to be bored of it within a few minutes.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:30 am

Wedgie wrote:Theres some premiership players in the squads, much better players were selected than I expected. The clubs seem to be giving it more respect than the SANFL clubs gave fast footy.
I'm looking forward to it but reserve the right to be bored of it within a few minutes.

I've been watching it for years with under 6's etc and clubs host 9 a side comps every season, pouring some glitter on it and chucking an x in the name doesn't really do a lot for me, I'm sure even you will agree after watching it for a bit.

Na, bad call ;)
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:36 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Theres some premiership players in the squads, much better players were selected than I expected. The clubs seem to be giving it more respect than the SANFL clubs gave fast footy.

I've been watching it for years with under 6's etc and clubs host 9 a side comps every season, pouring some glitter on it and chucking an x in the name doesn't really do a lot for me, I'm sure even you will agree after watching it for a bit.

Na, bad call ;)

If you add an "X" to something it means there's soft jubbly bits on display, usually ladies soft jubbly bits. That's how my brain "works" anyway.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:56 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Na, bad call ;)

Are you saying I'm more receptive of new things and wiling to give them a go more than most?
Thank you.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:05 am

Wedgie wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Na, bad call ;)

Are you saying I'm more receptive of new things and wiling to give them a go more than most?
Thank you.

No.
You're welcome.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:09 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Are you saying I'm more receptive of new things and wiling to give them a go more than most?
Thank you.

No.

What are you trying to say then?
I'm unsure of your point.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:12 am

Wedgie wrote:What are you trying to say then?

I think you're more of a traditionalist and although you will be willing to give it a trial run, you will walk away shaking your head thinking "what are they doing to this game".
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:13 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

I think you're more of a traditionalist and although you will be willing to give it a trial run, you will walk away shaking your head thinking "what are they doing to this game".

I would have said "You're a stubborn old git like the rest of us who hate new fangled mumbo jumbo bollocks".

Same sentiment I guess.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:15 am

Booney wrote:
I would have said "You're a stubborn old git like the rest of us who hate new fangled mumbo jumbo bollocks".

Same sentiment I guess.

Gotta tread carefully with Wedgie til that first pint to hit his lips around noon.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:17 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

Same sentiment I guess.

Gotta tread carefully with Wedgie til that first pint to hit his lips around noon.

Nah, push his buttons enough and he'll get some Uber Eats into him and head off well before then. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:23 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Really?
20/20 cricket is my favourite format of cricket, I love the last touch rule in the SANFL, was even prepared to give the AFL teams a go in the SANFL by signing up to the Vice Presidents group of North when most supporters just left without giving it a chance, I enjoy the international rules matches, I joined up as a Football Park member when both AFL teams started here, joined up as a member of both football and cricket at Adelaide Oval solely because it was redeveloped, I was all for gay marriage and am constantly asking for things to change in regard to Australia Day, the flag, a republic, etc. Its weird that you would consider me a traditionalist, most people consider me the opposite and quite extremely at times.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:24 am

Wedgie wrote:Really?
20/20 cricket is my favourite format of cricket, I love the last touch rule in the SANFL, was even prepared to give the AFL teams a go in the SANFL by signing up to the Vice Presidents group of North when most supporters just left without giving it a chance, I enjoy the international rules matches, I joined up as a Football Park member when both AFL teams started here, joined up as a member of both football and cricket at Adelaide Oval solely because it was redeveloped, I was all for gay marriage and am constantly asking for things to change in regard to Australia Day, the flag, a republic, etc. Its weird that you would consider me a traditionalist, most people consider me the opposite and quite extremely at times.

K.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:26 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

Same sentiment I guess.

Hardly drink these days and certainly don't drink at home. Had some on Friday because it was the missus birthday and we saw a band with friends, last time before that was Superbowl Day.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:28 am

Wedgie wrote:Hardly drink these days and certainly don't drink at home. Had some on Friday because it was the missus birthday and we saw a band with friends, last time before that was Superbowl Day.

Cleansing or too busy?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:35 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Hardly drink these days and certainly don't drink at home. Had some on Friday because it was the missus birthday and we saw a band with friends, last time before that was Superbowl Day.

Cleansing or too busy?

I spend 20-30 hours a week working in a pub now. Thats enough time to be in a pub. No need to spend money in a pub when I can get paid to be in one.
And yeah, work most days, working in 5 different places in the next 5 days, not full time hours though.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Wedgie » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:37 am

Wedgie
Site Admin