West Coast Eagles 2018

Talk on the national game

West Coast Eagles 2018

Postby helicopterking » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:09 am

I am really looking forward to what a young (hopefully) West Coast outfit have to offer this season. Year 1 of a 2 year list clean out, we have drafted in some leg speed and x- factor which we have really lacked over the last few years.
I'm not expecting all that much from us this season, but any success will solely rely on Shuey,Gaff,Yeo,McGovern,Kennedy and Nic Nat all staying fit. Currently they are not.
Simpson needs to tweak his game plan, so we run and carry the footy more, and hopefully now, with the new stadium, similar dimensions to the MCG, we will actually put up a fight when we travel to Melbourne.
My predictions 10-13 wins. Most likely a 8-13 finish. But, seeing what these young kids have to offer will be much better viewing than what we have been serving up in the last few years.( ( Josh Hill, Wellingham,Masten etc)
Possible starting line up.

Hurn Barrass Shepard
Yeo. McGovern Duggan
Gaff. Shuey. Venables
Petrucelle Darling AhChee
Rioli Kennedy. Ryan

Nic Nat. Waterman
Sheed. Lycett
Redden. Hutchings
Cripps
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Re: West Coast Eagles 2018

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:11 am

helicopterking wrote:I am really looking forward to what a young (hopefully) West Coast outfit have to offer this season. Year 1 of a 2 year list clean out, we have drafted in some leg speed and x- factor which we have really lacked over the last few years.
I'm not expecting all that much from us this season, but any success will solely rely on Shuey,Gaff,Yeo,McGovern,Kennedy and Nic Nat all staying fit. Currently they are not.
Simpson needs to tweak his game plan, so we run and carry the footy more, and hopefully now, with the new stadium, similar dimensions to the MCG, we will actually put up a fight when we travel to Melbourne.
My predictions 10-13 wins. Most likely a 8-13 finish. But, seeing what these young kids have to offer will be much better viewing than what we have been serving up in the last few years.( ( Josh Hill, Wellingham,Masten etc)

Hurn Barrass Shepard
Yeo. McGovern Duggan
Gaff. Shuey. Venables
Rioli Kennedy. Ryan

Nic Nat. Waterman
Sheed. Lycett
Redden. Hutchings
Cripps

How tough is your draw?

#lazy
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:47 am

Good backline, two key forwards, Gaff, Nic Nat and Shuey and plenty of gaps.

Will be interesting year for them at the new stadium. What is the crowd increase in capacity from the two stadiums?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:57 am

Brodlach wrote:Good backline, two key forwards, Gaff, Nic Nat and Shuey and plenty of gaps.

Will be interesting year for them at the new stadium. What is the crowd increase in capacity from the two stadiums?

From 43,000 to 60,000
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:03 am

Cheers, be interesting to see their crowd figures at seasons end as they were always a sell out (or close to it)
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:45 am

Reckon WC will drop a fair way down compared with last year, but you are right HK, they seem to be going the right way about the rebuild and addressing areas of need. Just wont have enough experience around the edges to challenge for finals this year, especially when you compare them to other teams that missed out last year, like melbourne, bulldogs, st kilda and even collingwood, who all look better on paper imo
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby helicopterking » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:08 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
helicopterking wrote:I am really looking forward to what a young (hopefully) West Coast outfit have to offer this season. Year 1 of a 2 year list clean out, we have drafted in some leg speed and x- factor which we have really lacked over the last few years.

Hurn Barrass Shepard
Yeo. McGovern Duggan
Gaff. Shuey. Venables
Rioli Kennedy. Ryan

Nic Nat. Waterman
Sheed. Lycett
Redden. Hutchings
Cripps

How tough is your draw?

#lazy

Home Games- Sydney, Geelong,Suns,Pt Ade, Richmond, St Kilda,Essendon, Giants, Bulldogs, Fremantle, Melb
Away- Dogs, Blues, Freo, Giants, Hawks, Syd, Crows, Pies, Nth Melb, Port, Bris.
helicopterking
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:16 pm

helicopterking wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Hurn Barrass Shepard
Yeo. McGovern Duggan
Gaff. Shuey. Venables
Rioli Kennedy. Ryan

Nic Nat. Waterman
Sheed. Lycett
Redden. Hutchings
Cripps

How tough is your draw?

#lazy

Home Games- Sydney, Geelong,Suns,Pt Ade, Richmond, St Kilda,Essendon, Giants, Bulldogs, Fremantle, Melb

Without thinking too hard, tough draw, only 2 easy beats at home, one of them Freo, the rest COULD bve travelling well enough to easily account for you even in Perth especially now that its a replica MCG.
Play alot of the lesser teams away evening up the odds in those contests, it could be a disatrous season. I might have them too high in my prediction. They are also a club that doesnt mind tanking a season for draft picks, with next years superdarft they maybe wooden spoon contenders
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby helicopterking » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:24 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
helicopterking wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Hurn Barrass Shepard
Yeo. McGovern Duggan
Gaff. Shuey. Venables
Rioli Kennedy. Ryan

Nic Nat. Waterman
Sheed. Lycett
Redden. Hutchings
Cripps

How tough is your draw?

#lazy

Without thinking too hard, tough draw, only 2 easy beats at home, one of them Freo, the rest COULD bve travelling well enough to easily account for you even in Perth especially now that its a replica MCG.
Play alot of the lesser teams away evening up the odds in those contests, it could be a disatrous season. I might have them too high in my prediction. They are also a club that doesnt mind tanking a season for draft picks, with next years superdarft they maybe wooden spoon contenders

I hope not, we have given away our first round pick for next season
helicopterking
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:55 pm

How tough is your draw?

#lazy[/quote]

Away- Dogs, Blues, Freo, Giants, Hawks, Syd, Crows, Pies, Nth Melb, Port, Bris.[/quote]

Play alot of the lesser teams away evening up the odds in those contests, it could be a disatrous season. I might have them too high in my prediction. They are also a club that doesnt mind tanking a season for draft picks, with next years superdarft they maybe wooden spoon contenders[/quote]

I hope not, we have given away our first round pick for next season[/quote]

Me too, i have nothing against West Coast, who holds your 1st round pick?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby helicopterking » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:30 am

daysofourlives wrote:How tough is your draw?

#lazy

Away- Dogs, Blues, Freo, Giants, Hawks, Syd, Crows, Pies, Nth Melb, Port, Bris.[/quote]

Play alot of the lesser teams away evening up the odds in those contests, it could be a disatrous season. I might have them too high in my prediction. They are also a club that doesnt mind tanking a season for draft picks, with next years superdarft they maybe wooden spoon contenders[/quote]

I hope not, we have given away our first round pick for next season[/quote]

Me too, i have nothing against West Coast, who holds your 1st round pick?[/quote]

Gold Coast have it. I was angry WC traded it. Instantly I thought, we must have a plan to get a First Rounder back in a Superdraft, so most likely Gaff will ask to go home at the end of the season and WC will match any offer.
Hopefully it's not McGovern, as he and Gaff are the only ones that haven't signed.
helicopterking
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:04 am

Hopefully Jeremy wants to move and play with his brother
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby helicopterking » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:11 am

Brodlach wrote:Hopefully Jeremy wants to move and play with his brother

WC has offered him something like 5yrs@ $800k.
You never know, once Sloane leaves, you might have the cap space.
helicopterking
Coach

Postby MW » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:16 am

I can't see him leaving WCE unless he sees no hope of them succeeding over the next 5-7 years.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2602 times
Been liked: 1846 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:25 am

helicopterking wrote:

Might be the case, handy replacement even if not the same type of player
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby hollywood7477 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:59 pm

helicopterking wrote:

I cant see him leaving. Loves the club and the club stuck by him when he came back to preseason very unfit. I wouldnt think he or Gaff will leave. Eagles have a very good record of players staying. Only big stars that have left would have been Judd, Gehrig and Ebert(was dropped for the finals that year). Gov is a Western Australian
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 72 times

Postby MW » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:01 pm

"stuck by him" is irrelevant these days.
Crows drafted Lever coming off a knee and Danger knowing he'll sit out footy in the first year to finish yr12. Look what 'sticking by them' did!
The 'stay home' factor will be the key here with Jeremy. Gaff will go IMO.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2602 times
Been liked: 1846 times

Postby helicopterking » Tue May 15, 2018 11:31 am

Hanging out big time for Sunday's game at the Tigers.
Like most, I'm surprised as everyone else regarding our season.
helicopterking
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu May 17, 2018 10:38 am

The have a bit of the 2012 Crows about them - everyone thought they were on the way down but get a few key players back and get some kids to unexpectedly do well and it can turn around quickly;
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 17, 2018 2:03 pm

helicopterking wrote:Hanging out big time for Sunday's game at the Tigers.
Like most, I'm surprised as everyone else regarding our season.

Wish it was the twilight game, if Richmond can get up they'd be red hot to go B2B I'd imagine.

There's a lot to like about the Eagles, they just seem to find players to step up when it counts, missing key personel at various times this season and to still produce a 7-1 record is awesome, and I reckon they were robbed in round 1.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Next

Board index   Football  AFL