AFL Round 7 - Bring your own hu$h money.... for the honeys

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL Round 7 - Bring your own hu$h money.... for the hone

Postby JK » Tue May 08, 2018 1:05 am

daysofourlives wrote:The 2nd was players getting pinged for holding the ball when the tackle barely retarded them at all. Very quick on the whistle

Pretty much the Buckley take on how to solve the "state of the game". Reckon it was always gonna happen this round
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 08, 2018 9:09 am

daysofourlives wrote:West Coast have a responsibility to the game to challenge Nic Nats ban. Absolute joke thats a week. Its a free kick for in the back and nothing more. I watched nearly every game over the weekend and there was 2 things that stru ck me with tackling.
I reckon there was at least 6-8 occasions where you could see a bloke was going to be run down and in each case the tackler clearly got into the back much like Natanui but you can just tell the umpire is gooing to pay holding the ball before he is even tackled. His mind is made up becaues you can see what is going to happen. You still need to be tackled correctly.
The 2nd was players getting pinged for holding the ball when the tackle barely retarded them at all. Very quick on the whistle

A free kick, end of story, and I barrack for Port.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Booney » Tue May 08, 2018 9:12 am

daysofourlives wrote:West Coast have a responsibility to the game to challenge Nic Nats ban. Absolute joke thats a week. Its a free kick for in the back and nothing more. I watched nearly every game over the weekend and there was 2 things that stru ck me with tackling.
I reckon there was at least 6-8 occasions where you could see a bloke was going to be run down and in each case the tackler clearly got into the back much like Natanui but you can just tell the umpire is gooing to pay holding the ball before he is even tackled. His mind is made up becaues you can see what is going to happen. You still need to be tackled correctly.
The 2nd was players getting pinged for holding the ball when the tackle barely retarded them at all. Very quick on the whistle

They don't, that's the problem. You get mowed down from behind and buried and it's holding the ball. They hardly pay in the back when driven forward anymore.

And completely agree, like Gray and Douglas the Eagles must contest it for the sake of the game. It's not worthy of a week off IMO.

On the flip side, they play GWS who have no ruckman, they might take the opportunity to give Natanui the week off.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby helicopterking » Tue May 08, 2018 10:13 am

Booney wrote:

They don't, that's the problem. You get mowed down from behind and buried and it's holding the ball. They hardly pay in the back when driven forward anymore.

And completely agree, like Gray and Douglas the Eagles must contest it for the sake of the game. It's not worthy of a week off IMO.

On the flip side, they play GWS who have no ruckman, they might take the opportunity to give Natanui the week off.

Nic Nat only been playing 65% game time at most, should not need a rest. GWS will get Lobb back this week.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby Spargo » Tue May 08, 2018 11:17 am

Something I just noticed watching the end of our game Saturday night. With 7 seconds to play there is a boundary throw in after Brown is tackled over the line. The Swans supporters yell out for HTB, not paid. In the top right of your screen where the Foxtel logo is, you can see a man in a red jacket, light blueish t-shirt storm down the aisle towards the fence & throw an object at the umpire - possibly a bottle. The field umpire blows his whistle to stop the boundary throw in as a player hands the object to the umpire who gets rid of it over the boundary line.
The commentators obviously didn’t see what happened as Dunstall said it was a players boot.
The AFL have missed this one.
(If someone can post the link I’d be grateful)
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5478 times
Been liked: 5119 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 08, 2018 11:44 am

Hard to get a screen grab of it lol, but appears he throws a thong?
throw.JPG
throw.JPG (18.48 KiB) Viewed 705 times

throw 2.JPG
throw 2.JPG (21.63 KiB) Viewed 705 times

thong..JPG
thong..JPG (13.52 KiB) Viewed 705 times

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2018-05-05/ ... s-syd-v-nm
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue May 08, 2018 11:49 am

just watched it on my phone, quite clear he thru something onto the ground, umpire blew his whistle grabbed the object and thru it over the boundary, Dunstall even commented on it.

Media obviously haven't picked up on it but seeing the umpires did Im sure the AFL are all over it.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 08, 2018 12:15 pm

The Bedge wrote:Hard to get a screen grab of it lol, but appears he throws a thong?
throw.JPG

throw 2.JPG

thong..JPG

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2018-05-05/ ... s-syd-v-nm

Must've thought he was at a Tom Jones concert.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby stan » Tue May 08, 2018 3:34 pm

Dutchy wrote:just watched it on my phone, quite clear he thru something onto the ground, umpire blew his whistle grabbed the object and thru it over the boundary, Dunstall even commented on it.

Media obviously haven't picked up on it but seeing the umpires did Im sure the AFL are all over it.
Nah mate Sydney are perfect he was just dancing.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL