Simpson
9%
Beveridge
No votes

Total votes : 32

Re: Coach Review

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:27 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Beveridge was my favourite coach to listen to 12 months ago, he seems to have lost it a bit since. Going to be interesting to see how he goes from here.

May have got complacent after his rise to the top, a-la Mark Wiliams.

Pretty easy to get complacent when umpires hand you a premiership
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:33 am

woodublieve12 wrote:Pretty easy to get complacent when umpires hand you a premiership

Put away those bitter tears. ;)
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby JK » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:34 am

David Brent wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Beveridge was my favourite coach to listen to 12 months ago, he seems to have lost it a bit since. Going to be interesting to see how he goes from here.

I think Beveridge could potentially be one of the first moved on of the current coaches. Something is going on down the kennel that's not quite right IMO. You get the vibe its his way or the highway.

Not sure about moved on but could see him choosing to move. Would be in decent demand when a few current coaches get shown the door.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:37 am

David Brent wrote:

I think Beveridge could potentially be one of the first moved on of the current coaches. Something is going on down the kennel that's not quite right IMO. You get the vibe its his way or the highway.

Agreed, I should replace Bolton with Beveridge. Looks like he's lost the playing group or they've got all they could out of each other and they're not on the same page anymore.

If that's the case Doggies fans can rest easy knowing they've broken the drought, but the next one seems a long way off.

Could be a bit of a merry go round in a the next few years.

Beveridge could be on the move from the Dogs, they look like they've got the most out of each other.

Will Lyon get another gig when Fremantle move him on?

When will Clarkson be done at Hawthorn and does he go straight into another senior role, or does he do a mentor role at another club?

Will Cameron survive past next year with GWS if they can't get back on track?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby MW » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:42 am

Rumours that Clarkson might head to GWS
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:43 am

Best - Clarkson by an absolute mile.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby stan » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:46 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Best - Clarkson by an absolute mile.
absolutely. He gets the best out of his team.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:42 pm

Based on this year's result I would have Brad Scott slightly ahead of Simpson as the best performers, purely because most scribes were predicting the demise of both. I'm not sure what people are expecting of Richardson. St Kilda have a very poor list - I doubt they would have 1 player that is in the top 50 and losing Riewoldt and Montagna has really hurt them. Cameron is the stand out under achiever in my opinion and Woosha gives me the impression he doesn't give a shit.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:46 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Based on this year's result I would have Brad Scott slightly ahead of Simpson as the best performers, purely because most scribes were predicting the demise of both. I'm not sure what people are expecting of Richardson. St Kilda have a very poor list - I doubt they would have 1 player that is in the top 50 and losing Riewoldt and Montagna has really hurt them. Cameron is the stand out under achiever in my opinion and Woosha gives me the impression he doesn't give a shit.

Blind Freddy could've seen that coming though and acted upon it.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:46 pm

MW wrote:Rumours that Clarkson might head to GWS

Look out for 10 years of domination if so.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby JK » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:00 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Based on this year's result I would have Brad Scott slightly ahead of Simpson as the best performers, purely because most scribes were predicting the demise of both. I'm not sure what people are expecting of Richardson. St Kilda have a very poor list - I doubt they would have 1 player that is in the top 50 and losing Riewoldt and Montagna has really hurt them. Cameron is the stand out under achiever in my opinion and Woosha gives me the impression he doesn't give a shit.

They took McCartin who was widely regarded as the best tall forward of his draft. Can't replace players like Riewoldt in a hurry.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:03 pm

stan wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Best - Clarkson by an absolute mile.
absolutely. He gets the best out of his team.

And if you lose you can just go to the CEO of the AFL and have a whinge.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:51 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

So, is that the coaches fault?
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:56 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

He'd have some say in the recruiting process along with blooding someone to fulfill the said roles, pretty sure he's approaching his 100th game at the helm.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:19 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

He'd have some say in the recruiting process along with blooding someone to fulfill the said roles, pretty sure he's approaching his 100th game at the helm.

I don't think the senior coaches have as much to do with the recruiting process as the general feel on this site seems to be, they simply wouldn't have time and that's why they have such a vast network of recruiters and talent identification.

I'd say they'd be in constant contact with the list management / recruiting team as to what the coaches wants and needs are throughout the year but ultimately come draft day the people who have put in all the work identifying that talent will decide who the "next best" in the draft is.

Ie - You may need a ruck man for the future but if you've got pick 8 and Dangerfield is available you take him as he's the "next best" and that might not be the coaches wish, it would be the recruiters wish.

I'm sure the coaches have some input, but from November to September ( or thereabouts ) they're focused on the very big job at hand.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:32 pm

Booney wrote:
I don't think the senior coaches have as much to do with the recruiting process as the general feel on this site seems to be, they simply wouldn't have time and that's why they have such a vast network of recruiters and talent identification.

I'd say they'd be in constant contact with the list management / recruiting team as to what the coaches wants and needs are throughout the year but ultimately come draft day the people who have put in all the work identifying that talent will decide who the "next best" in the draft is.

Ie - You may need a ruck man for the future but if you've got pick 8 and Dangerfield is available you take him as he's the "next best" and that might not be the coaches wish, it would be the recruiters wish.

I'm sure the coaches have some input, but from November to September ( or thereabouts ) they're focused on the very big job at hand.

I'd be of the assumption that they'd have a huge input into it. They are the ones that are on the chopping block if they don't deliver the goods.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:04 pm

at the very least they would be telling the recruiters the types of players to target, after all they need to fit into the structure the coach is thinking of employing
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:19 pm

bennymacca wrote:at the very least they would be telling the recruiters the types of players to target, after all they need to fit into the structure the coach is thinking of employing

That would be about the extent of their role I would imagine? List managers and recruiters would take care of the rest - their job is about future forecast as much as current window of opportunity.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Corona Man » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:35 pm

1. John Kennedy Snr
2. Al Clarkson
3. Alan Jeans
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:18 pm

The Bedge wrote:
bennymacca wrote:at the very least they would be telling the recruiters the types of players to target, after all they need to fit into the structure the coach is thinking of employing

That would be about the extent of their role I would imagine? List managers and recruiters would take care of the rest - their job is about future forecast as much as current window of opportunity.

Exactly, the coach isn't looking at his list 4 years down the track as recruiters and list managers are.

Salary Caps, free agents, young talent on long term deals, the senior coach would have input, but not that much. He's very much in the now, the recruiters were in the "now" 3 years ago.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL