2018 AFL delistings / retirements

Talk on the national game

Re: 2018 AFL delistings / retirements

Postby Jase » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:19 am

Brodlach wrote:
Jase wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jase wrote:
Finally we have got rid of the list clogging dud that is Sam Kerridge...

:drinkers: :supz: :YMPARTY:

You still have Dale Thomas to wave that flag.

I actually don't mind Thomas, sure he does some dumb stuff, but he can actually play a bit... Kerridge was junk...

Thanks for taking him off our hands.

%-(
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1479 times
Been liked: 551 times

Postby beef » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:26 am

Carlton still won that trade. Got more out of Lamb & Plowman (traded to GWS for pick 28) & Kerridge than crows got out of Menzel. In hindsight it was probably a lose-lose trade
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 255 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:48 am

beef wrote:Carlton still won that trade. Got more out of Lamb & Plowman (traded to GWS for pick 28) & Kerridge than crows got out of Menzel. In hindsight it was probably a lose-lose trade

That’s very true, Carlton probably won that trade..........for once :lol:
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby gadj1976 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:11 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jase wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:Carlton has axed Nick Graham, Sam Kerridge, Jed Lamb and Sam Rowe.

If he's still in our best 22 next season, then we're in bigger trouble than I thought.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby Jim05 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:30 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jase wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:Carlton has axed Nick Graham, Sam Kerridge, Jed Lamb and Sam Rowe.

If he's still in our best 22 next season, then we're in bigger trouble than I thought.

I’d be more worried about that potato Fasolo being in your best 22
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:39 pm

Jim05 wrote:I’d be more worried about that potato Fasolo being in your best 22

A bit harsh, kicked 6 goals against Richmond in 2016 to get 3 Brownlow votes and racked up 22 disposals one day in 2012. :lol:

Probably not much else to report from his other 99 games.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby gadj1976 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:41 pm

Jim05 wrote:I’d be more worried about that potato Fasolo being in your best 22

He's a backfill for the loss of Wright, so not fussed if he's in the first 22 or not. At the moment, he's competing with Pickett and Garlett (so not much)

Thomas would be keeping Macreadie or similar out so I'd rather play them (when fit), that's more my point.
gadj1976
Coach

Postby Armchair expert » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:23 am

Carlton lose all their picks after pick 1 and only bring in injury prOne Mclovin, unproven Setterfield, defender that can't defend Newman and the Faz..

AFL needs to take over running the club, should trade pick 1 for 3 and 6 from the Gold Coast
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 382 times
Been liked: 1433 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby daysofourlives » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:23 am

Armchair expert wrote:Carlton lose all their picks after pick 1 and only bring in injury prOne Mclovin, unproven Setterfield, defender that can't defend Newman and the Faz..

AFL needs to take over running the club, should trade pick 1 for 3 and 6 from the Gold Coast

Why would gold coast do that, they are going to get who yhey want at 2 and 3 anyway, why would they give away 6 and still take the same players at 1 and 2 that they would at 2 and 3?
Armchair expert??? pfft
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby stan » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:37 am

Armchair expert wrote:Carlton lose all their picks after pick 1 and only bring in injury prOne Mclovin, unproven Setterfield, defender that can't defend Newman and the Faz..

Carlton are poo, no doubt and it's easy to through that at them. However the Gold Coast are a similar but worse longer term poo for the AFL.

Carlton will get there at some point as players still (for some reason) want to go there, where as at the Gold Coast even the gardener has requested a trade back to Victoria.

At this stage Carlton keeping pick 1 is a good move. McGovern provides them with a bigger body up forward to assist Curnow. And also his injuries were 1. The ankle after copping some friendly fire and the issues with soft tissue in which he was hardly alone at the crows this year.

They paid 3/5th of **** all for Settlefield, nothing for Fasolo and can of coke for Newman. So really not a huge amount of risk there.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Armchair expert » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:43 am

daysofourlives wrote:

Why would gold coast do that, they are going to get who yhey want at 2 and 3 anyway, why would they give away 6 and still take the same players at 1 and 2 that they would at 2 and 3?
Armchair expert??? pfft

You been watching too many daytime soaps, gold cost would take them mid Walsh in a heartbeat, they need the best talent, playing position not important. Plus the rumours some players have said to them don't pick us we're leaving in two years....
Armchair expert
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:00 am

Armchair expert wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Armchair expert??? pfft

You been watching too many daytime soaps, gold cost would take them mid Walsh in a heartbeat, they need the best talent, playing position not important. Plus the rumours some players have said to them don't pick us we're leaving in two years....

They dont want Walsh, they want to take the 2 south Australians together so they have a better chance of keeping them
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:09 am

Armchair expert wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Armchair expert??? pfft

Dew is filling the place with SA lads and trying to get a tight knit group up there. I have no doubt they will keep 2 and 3 and draft Lukosius and Rankine/Rozee
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby stan » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:10 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Armchair expert??? pfft

Dew is filling the place with SA lads and trying to get a tight knit group up there. I have no doubt they will keep 2 and 3 and draft Lukosius and Rankine/Rozee
Absolutely agree with you there Jim. They won't go for the King boys or Walsh.
The SA lads are the key for them.

I'm wondering if the GC also look at Hately at pick 6 as well?
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby gadj1976 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:13 pm

Clearly you follow us closely enough to know we don't need kids, so why the hell would we trade away Walsh to get who knows what 18 yo's when we are NOT targeting the draft - as mentioned ad nauseum by our recruitment team? We clearly need bigger seasoned bodies, which we've brought in via the trade period - again, as mentioned we would do via our recruitment team.

I'd be more worried about your mob if I were you.
gadj1976
Coach

Postby Armchair expert » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:46 pm

gadj1976 wrote:

Clearly you follow us closely enough to know we don't need kids, so why the hell would we trade away Walsh to get who knows what 18 yo's when we are NOT targeting the draft - as mentioned ad nauseum by our recruitment team? We clearly need bigger seasoned bodies, which we've brought in via the trade period - again, as mentioned we would do via our recruitment team.

You have recruited no one to help Cripps, he will be finished by 28 at this rate. I give Carlton a big fat F this trade period.
Armchair expert
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:29 pm

Armchair expert wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:

You have recruited no one to help Cripps, he will be finished by 28 at this rate. I give Carlton a big fat F this trade period.

We are trying. Setterfield and Docherty will help. Fisher and Dow will be better for the year and Petrevski Seton will also benefit from the year just gone.

We'll be right.

Just make sure you enjoy your mediocrity.
gadj1976
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:34 pm

stan wrote:

Carlton are poo, no doubt and it's easy to through that at them. However the Gold Coast are a similar but worse longer term poo for the AFL.

Carlton will get there at some point as players still (for some reason) want to go there, where as at the Gold Coast even the gardener has requested a trade back to Victoria.

At this stage Carlton keeping pick 1 is a good move. McGovern provides them with a bigger body up forward to assist Curnow. And also his injuries were 1. The ankle after copping some friendly fire and the issues with soft tissue in which he was hardly alone at the crows this year.

They paid 3/5th of **** all for Settlefield, nothing for Fasolo and can of coke for Newman. So really not a huge amount of risk there.

Spot on Stan
gadj1976
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:44 am

armchair expert clearly has got the shits up with the return of the prodigal son not leading them to the promised land, Shit club
will always be our bitches
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Spangas » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:34 am

Booney wrote:BRISBANE LIONS
Tom Bell (delisted),

Oh dear. Who's going to host 'Locker Talk' now??
I apologise.
Spangas
Under 16s

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 103 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL