Melbourne

Talk on the national game

Re: Melbourne

Postby gadj1976 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:58 pm

Yangebup wrote:The old term FINALS EXPERIENCE is done to death & what a load of codswallop - compare Melbourne to Geelongs finals & Melb flogged them!

Its all about opportunity. 1) it was a disaster when Jake Lever did his knee & up stepped Sam Frost & he has been great.

2) Jesse Hogan goes down, its doom & gloom & Sam Weideman kicks 3 goals in a final & is playing really well.

3) Jack Viney the spiritual leader is hurt so a new tagger is found James Harms & he has been inspirational.

Lets hope Collingwood beat West Coast today & Melbourne beat Hawks next week, then Melbourne will have a preliminary final at the MCG.
Melb finished 5th, are on a roll & have the possibility of going thru the finals playing every game on their home ground - the MCG, amazing really.!

I disagree, I think finals experience plays a significant part where sides are evenly matched. I believe you need that experience, however when the finals experience is part of an aged group and don't have 'an edge' then it does tend to play out that they are old and slow thereby countering the argument of finals experience.

In this case, I picked Melbourne because Geelong limped in IMO.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL