AFL 2019 season

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL 2019 and proposed rule changes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:13 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
I wonder what the criteria used, was?

Because I wouldn't call half of these guys elite by any stretch.

Top 10% of "your main position" based on champion data, perhaps Daw's main possie is on the pine?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:24 pm

The eating habits of the clubs fans at the MCG has been revealed.
The Crows may have a rival with Geelong supporters sipping the most Red wine and eating the least amount of pies, a very refined lot indeed.

Melbourne the most healthy food and coffee
Collingwood the most lollies, makes sense, they have the least amount of teeth
Richmond the most ice cream
Carlton the most Hot Dogs
Richmond and Collingwood the most soft drink
Essendon the most spirits, Canadian Club their drink of choice which doesnt surprise me one bit, girls!!
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Jim05 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:37 pm

daysofourlives wrote:The eating habits of the clubs fans at the MCG has been revealed.
The Crows may have a rival with Geelong supporters sipping the most Red wine and eating the least amount of pies, a very refined lot indeed.

Essendon the most spirits, Canadian Club their drink of choice which doesnt surprise me one bit, girls!!

I reckon I’m responsible for a fair few of those CC’s!
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:40 pm

Jim05 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:The eating habits of the clubs fans at the MCG has been revealed.

I reckon I’m responsible for a fair few of those CC’s!

As i said im not surprised ;)
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:46 pm

If I were Champion Data, which I'm not (clearly), I'd look at this list, run it by our PR department and say "should we release this". Seriously, by releasing it, they've reduced their standing in the industry.

I know that sometimes organisations release data to create discussion, but if you're in the industry of having 'on the money' statistics that everyone bases their analysis around, releasing controversial data is more often the worst thing you can do. I know they've recently released the team rankings with Melb 1 and West Coast 12. How long before everyone just shrugs their shoulders at this mob and treats them with the contempt they (at the moment) deserve?

IMO, they should stick to releasing factual statistical data and stop the speculative data which undermines their core function.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:18 am

Looks like you forgot Hawthorn....wait, I found the stat....they enjoy eating each other.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 447 times
Been liked: 1210 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby gadj1976 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:40 am

Next season is going to piss me off (I can see it). The conversation will revert to "Stocker vs No1 pick".

We clearly need a Stocker type but we don't necessarily need pick 1 or 2 or 3 next sesaon.

I do laugh. Adelaide supporters saying that "no 1 draft picks" are all that Carlton are about (which don't amount to much) but yet they will revel in our failures next season. Best of luck to you! If you hadn't worked it out yet, no 1 picks do not equate to success! We've proven that (and have others). It's the ability to build a team upon pick 20/30/40 that avail you to success. And the ability to trade (hello Hawthorn).
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby daysofourlives » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:58 am

PatowalongaPirate wrote:

Looks like you forgot Hawthorn....wait, I found the stat....they enjoy eating each other.

Na mate we drink from the most premiership cups in the AFL
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:00 am

gadj1976 wrote:Next season is going to piss me off (I can see it). The conversation will revert to "Stocker vs No1 pick".

We clearly need a Stocker type but we don't necessarily need pick 1 or 2 or 3 next sesaon.

I do laugh. Adelaide supporters saying that "no 1 draft picks" are all that Carlton are about (which don't amount to much) but yet they will revel in our failures next season. Best of luck to you! If you hadn't worked it out yet, no 1 picks do not equate to success! We've proven that (and have others). It's the ability to build a team upon pick 20/30/40 that avail you to success. And the ability to trade (hello Hawthorn).

Looks to me that the footy gods still dont think you're all square from the salaty cap cheating. Long may it continue
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:28 am

daysofourlives wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:

Didn’t realise you had 16 [emoji6]
Jim05
Coach

AFL 2019 and proposed rule changes

Postby Jim05 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:32 am

And it just gets better for Carlton with Mitch McGovern copping a slight back fracture at training. Should be ok in a couple of weeks
Jim05
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:55 am

Jim05 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:

Nobody has 16, we have 5, west coast just behind with 4
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby nuggety goodness » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:19 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:[quote="daysofourlives"]The eating habits of the clubs fans at the MCG has been revealed.

Nobody has 16, we have 5, west coast just behind with 4[/quote]This was always gonna happen... the old AFL/VFL chestnut!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby Armchair expert » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:25 pm

Port have 370 just ask them
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 1435 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby RB » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:02 pm

I thought they had 119?
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 765 times
Been liked: 1074 times

Postby DOC » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:49 am

Just delist him and move on.

HARLEY Bennell's career is on thin ice after he was asked to leave a Perth pub on Sunday night.

The incident comes less than three months after Fremantle football manager Peter Bell said the midfielder was on his last warning.

Bell confirmed to News Corp Bennell was asked to leave the Ocean Beach Hotel in Cottesloe on Sunday around 7pm.

"The club is aware that Harley Bennell was asked to leave a licensed venue in Cottesloe on Sunday and complied with the request to do so,” Bell said.

Bennell was traded to Fremantle from Gold Coast at the end of the 2015 season after the Suns decided an incident with a nightclub bouncer was the final straw.

'MAKE AND BREAK' Big year ahead for Docker, says Lyon

Since then the former number two draft pick has struggled to stay out of trouble.

Twelve months ago Bennell was fined $15,000 and banished to WAFL club Peel for eight weeks after wrestling with a bouncer.

In 2017 he was kicked off a flight before departing for being intoxicated and also copped a $10,000 fine from Fremantle – half of which was suspended – for strange behaviour at a WAFL game between Peel and Swan Districts.

After Bennell failed to turn up to the club's best and fairest in October, Bell made it clear where the forward stood.

LAST CHANCE Bell gives Bennell a final warning

Bennell's manager Colin Young confirmed his client was on a last warning.

"Harley knows exactly what he has to do next year to get back to becoming an elite player," Young said.

"Peter (Bell) was reinforcing that if he has one hiccup, he'll be out of the club. Basically that's the truth of the matter."

The 26-year-old has one year remaining on his contract.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 730 times
Been liked: 2085 times

Postby MatteeG » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:17 am

In his defence it is a cracking front bar :)
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby DOC » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:23 am

I went there once for a Sunday recovery session in 1992 and it was pumping.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 730 times
Been liked: 2085 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:02 am

How good does this AFLX promise to be this season?

I was compelled to watch the draft, it promises to be more exciting than the actual games.

Two things I learnt last night, I didn't realize that Steven May and Jarrod Harbrow were indigenous.

I suppose they gave it a crack.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Booney » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:38 am

CLUBS are beginning to learn the finer details of this year's mid-season draft, which is expected to fall after round 11.

AFL.com.au understands clubs have recently received information from the League explaining that the mid-season draft, the AFL's first since 1993, will be held the week of June 3 – just prior to the bye rounds commencing.

Seven clubs currently have list spots available and will subsequently be able to take part in the draft. Carlton is the only club with multiple spots available with three vacancies.

However, clubs can still have spots open up on their list should a player succumb to either a long-term injury or prematurely retire from the game. There will be no deadline on when teams can open list spots prior to the mid-season draft.

Clubs can also fill their available list spots prior to March 15 by recruiting players via the AFL's newly introduced pre-season supplemental selection period (SSP) rules.

It's understood players recruited during the mid-season draft will earn a contract for the remainder of the season, though they will have the option of negotiating terms for an extension at any period throughout the year.

Should a player's contract not be renewed beyond the current year – and should the player fail to be recruited to another club the following season – it's believed the player will receive a one-off payment of around $20,000.

As compensation for state league clubs who have players taken from them midway through the year, it's understood AFL clubs will be made to provide them with a reimbursement.

That could include a payment of up to 50 per cent of any sign-on bonus given to the player by their state league club.

It's believed the order of the draft will be based on the ladder positions after round 11, though a number of other ways to determine the order of draft picks have been considered.

One particular example floated was a combined ladder based off results from the last 11 matches of the previous season with the first 11 games of the current season. However, that scenario appears unlikely to eventuate.

The decision to hold a mid-season draft was finalised by the AFL Commission in October following discussions by the Competition Committee, but finer details had yet to be determined at the time.

Players eligible for the mid-season draft must have previously nominated for an AFL draft or been on an AFL club list.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL