Adelaide Crows 2019

Talk on the national game

Re: Adelaide Crows 2019

Postby whufc » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:33 am

Brodlach wrote:
whufc wrote:
Dutchy wrote:You always advise the unsuccessful applicants 1st, then deal with the successful applicant, this is basic business.

Really??

All businesses i have worked in are the opposite. You need the successful applicant to accept the job, before you start letting others know they haven't got it.

Just because the successful applicant is successful doesn't meant they always take the job. The $$$ might not be right, the finer contract T&C's may not work, another offer in between may have come.

Dutchy wouldn’t know the correct way because North didn’t interview anyone and just gave the job to the first person they laid eyes on

:D

You win the internet today.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5566 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby cracka » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:36 am

Dutchy wrote:You always advise the unsuccessful applicants 1st, then deal with the successful applicant, this is basic business.

Really. Would hate to count how many times if seen the words "unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted" on job ads
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby MW » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:36 am

Brodlach wrote:
whufc wrote:

Really??

All businesses i have worked in are the opposite. You need the successful applicant to accept the job, before you start letting others know they haven't got it.

Just because the successful applicant is successful doesn't meant they always take the job. The $$$ might not be right, the finer contract T&C's may not work, another offer in between may have come.

Dutchy wouldn’t know the correct way because North didn’t interview anyone and just gave the job to the first person they laid eyes on

:lol: :lol:
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:48 am

I'd go the successful applicant first, too.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:49 am

So when is it being announced?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:51 am

cracka wrote:

Really. Would hate to count how many times if seen the words "unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted" on job ads

Probably Fagan's out here, he probably put that on their ad!

Iv have recruited many staff and always taught to notify the unsuccessful ones first, there is no issue in going back to them if the successful candidate refuses your offer.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:55 am

whufc wrote:
I did have it happen once where the business told me i was unsuccesful only for their number 1 to fall through on company car details.

They rang me a week later and were really honest i was number 2 but now they wanted me.

Dont worry i stretched it out......and then positioned myself to take every cent available because i knew their 2 other applicants were miles below my level so they couldnt really afford not to take me now.

So you accepted the job, this is exactly how it should work.

Fagan just needs to call Yze and let him know he missed out, provide some feedback on why he wasn't successful and let him know should Nicks not accept the role we will be back in touch, not real hard!

Now the Crows look completely unprofessional.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby whufc » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:57 am

Dutchy wrote:
whufc wrote:
I did have it happen once where the business told me i was unsuccesful only for their number 1 to fall through on company car details.

They rang me a week later and were really honest i was number 2 but now they wanted me.

Dont worry i stretched it out......and then positioned myself to take every cent available because i knew their 2 other applicants were miles below my level so they couldnt really afford not to take me now.

Fagan just needs to call Yze and let him know he missed out, provide some feedback on why he wasn't successful and let him know should Nicks not accept the role we will be back in touch, not real hard!

No the Crows look completely unprofessional.

I took it at 15k more than they offered, knowing the pickle they were in and made them wait an extra two weeks while i took my time to redecide.

Absolute shit way to do if for the company who had so much more added stress on their end by doing it.

From that point never really bought into the organisation and jumped at the next best offer straight away.

Always, always, always make sure you have the succesful applicant signed, sealed, delivered first.

To bad in your scenario if Yze takes another assistant position elsewhere in the meanwhile whilst thinking he doesnt have the job.
Last edited by whufc on Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:00 am

Put simply you dont have unsuccessful applicants if you dont have a person signed and sealed for the role.
whufc
Coach

Postby MW » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:00 am

Dutchy wrote:
whufc wrote:

You are actually embarrassing yourself today.
MW
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:01 am

Yze is signed at Hawks for 3 more years and every Assistant has a Head Coach out clause. He would take the job in a heart beat.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:02 am

Dutchy wrote:
whufc wrote:

They would look very unprofessional if Yze knew Nicks had the job before Nicks did.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:02 am

MW wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
whufc wrote:

You are actually embarrassing yourself today.

Instead of taking potshots how about telling us how you would handle it?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Dutchy » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:04 am

Booney wrote:
They would look very unprofessional if Yze knew Nicks had the job before Nicks did.

Compared to how they look at the moment? :lol:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:05 am

Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:

In your eyes, without much support on here one would suggest.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:08 am

Dutchy I've already explained how I would do it. Take the blinkers off. Having this much hatred must be debilitating...
MW
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:16 am

I have not hate towards the Crows, just discussing how they have handled this process. Many aren't happy with it, you are. Life would be boring if we all agreed.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Spargo » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:27 am

Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:

Not having support on here (of all places :lol:) doesn’t mean you’re wrong.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5460 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:30 am

Spargo wrote:
Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:

Not having support on here (of all places :lol:) doesn’t mean you’re wrong.

Most certainly does not, but I'd say ( even given Dutchy's business prowess ) enough people in here have been in / out of positions in their professional lives to know how they would handle the hiring of someone.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Mythical Creature » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:34 am

Our local footy club is looking for a coach and I can say for certain that we will let the successful applicant know first (tell him to give us a day before announcing to the world) then we will inform the unsuccessful applicants as the second step.
I'm comfortable if someone thinks this is "wrong", it won't change our process.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL