What have we learnt?

Talk on the national game

What have we learnt?

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:30 am

After the weekend's carnage, what have we learnt?

I try not to take too much out of round 1 but there's some things there that you just can't ignore.

Although Freo smashed North I wont read too much into that, Freo will have some real showings but will deliver so utter tripe too.

Sydney is the team who I think are bottoming out, after being such a powerhouse for so long, I think they're in for a long couple of years in the rebuilding process.

Full credit to the Hawks, no one gave them any hope but the best coach in the game prevails again, I guess we'll see how the Crows respond with a trip to the Harbour City.

Carlton, you've gotta give them a 7/10 on that effort, if they can keep the injuries to a minimal they'll surprise a few along the way.

Melbourne, dear me, gusty effort by the Power against the odds.

West Coast, I'm not bagging anyone that had long travel this round, they'll bounce back.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Re: What have we learnt?

Postby Corona Man » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:33 am

One of my take-aways from the round was the very ordinary skills on display in the games I saw. Full time professional dropping chest marks - seriously!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby beef » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:51 am

Corona Man wrote:One of my take-aways from the round was the very ordinary skills on display in the games I saw. Full time professional dropping chest marks - seriously!

The one Nathan Jones dropped was a disgrace, really turned the momentum. Foot skills and fumbles worse i've seen in years. Mustve spent all preseason working on holding up the right signs from the bench instead of kicking and ground balls.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:54 am

beef wrote:
Corona Man wrote:One of my take-aways from the round was the very ordinary skills on display in the games I saw. Full time professional dropping chest marks - seriously!

The one Nathan Jones dropped was a disgrace, really turned the momentum. Foot skills and fumbles worse i've seen in years. Mustve spent all preseason working on holding up the right signs from the bench instead of kicking and ground balls.

He holds that and goes back and kicks it, it would have been game on.
Melbourne’s skills were woeful!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:58 am

Wipe with the left, eat with the right.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:04 am

Goal kicking is getting worse each year it seems. The amount of goals missed from 30m out with little angle was appalling
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby whufc » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:12 am

Carlton will be the same old.

Youngsters will show glimpses of brilliance but they will play one awful quarter a game and win less than a handful of games.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:21 am

Sydney most disappointing for mine, early and not always wise to write them off but Sydney v Adelaide is a big on this weekend.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:30 am

the game certainly looks quicker
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:55 am

You can never underestimate Geelong....they always around the mark and seem to never drop off
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 223 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Spangas » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:16 pm

whufc wrote:Carlton will be the same old.

Youngsters will show glimpses of brilliance but they will play one awful quarter a game and win less than a handful of games.

It's similar to watching Brisbane play the last 5 years. Young teams can't match experienced bodies physically and mentally for 4 quarters.
I apologise.
Spangas
Under 16s

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 103 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:20 pm

Booney wrote:Sydney most disappointing for mine, early and not always wise to write them off but Sydney v Adelaide is a big on this weekend.

there's a shocker :roll:

;)
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:21 pm

Spangas wrote:
whufc wrote:Carlton will be the same old.

It's similar to watching Brisbane play the last 5 years. Young teams can't match experienced bodies physically and mentally for 4 quarters.

Yeah the wear and tear of being hit by bigger bodies over 4 quarters takes its toll hugely.

We see this in a rugby a lot where the younger fitter team would be expected to run all over the older bigger side but it just doesn't happen as there hits just slowly wear away at the younger side.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:22 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Booney wrote:Sydney most disappointing for mine, early and not always wise to write them off but Sydney v Adelaide is a big on this weekend.

;)

What's up buttercup?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:25 pm

Booney wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

;)

What's up buttercup?

what, what, what??? North smashed?? Bombers smashed??? Crows smashed??? Pies lost???? Melbourne beat??? BLOODY WEST COAST GOT BEAT BY BRISBANE!!!! All considered to finish higher then us... And we were the biggest disappointment? Please

#typicalswansbashingbyboon
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:49 pm

Booney wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

;)

What's up buttercup?

Not the Swans.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:50 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Booney wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

;)

What's up buttercup?

what, what, what??? North smashed?? Bombers smashed??? Crows smashed??? Pies lost???? Melbourne beat??? BLOODY WEST COAST GOT BEAT BY BRISBANE!!!! All considered to finish higher then us... And we were the biggest disappointment? Please

Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:52 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

;)

What's up buttercup?

Not the Swans.

correct
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:56 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Booney wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

;)

What's up buttercup?

Well :

You can only be disappointed in :

Essendon if you thought they were going to be any good, GWS are still sound, not surprised by that.

Adelaide until you look at the record v Hawthorn, 0-4 against Hawthorn in Adelaide.

Collingwood lost to Geelong with the last score of the match ( almost ), why did you add them in?

Melbourne took under done players in and offered Port no respect, Port kids played above expectation.

West Coast are 5 weeks behind Brisbane, Brisbane are looking to turn their season around, surprised by Brisbane, not disappointed in West Coast.

Sorry....Sydney it is. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:34 pm

Booney wrote:Well :

You can only be disappointed in :

Essendon if you thought they were going to be any good, GWS are still sound, not surprised by that.

Adelaide until you look at the record v Hawthorn, 0-4 against Hawthorn in Adelaide.

Collingwood lost to Geelong with the last score of the match ( almost ), why did you add them in?

Melbourne took under done players in and offered Port no respect, Port kids played above expectation.

West Coast are 5 weeks behind Brisbane, Brisbane are looking to turn their season around, surprised by Brisbane, not disappointed in West Coast.

Sorry....Sydney it is. :lol:

you are just taking the pi55 now
woodublieve12
Coach

Next

Board index   Football  AFL