What have we learnt?

Talk on the national game

Re: What have we learnt?

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:47 pm

Spargo wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:Still got Kelly and Mumford to come back into that side, Stickers. Fairly handy inclusions. I think they still make the top six.

regards,

REB

And Toby Greene.

Another period player, are GWS the worst with this out of all the clubs? Have they ever had their best 22 fit or eligible to play at the same time?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby FlyingHigh » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:35 pm

The Gold Coast had a pretty shocking run at times too.

I think it shows the AFL's arrogance in pushing so hard to get those teams up and running. So many kids forming the nucleus of a team while their bodies were underdeveloped/developing, playing a physically taxing professional sport against so many seasoned bodes. If they were at other clubs they would have been complementing seasoned players and been able to have a week off when it was needed.
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 173 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:41 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Spargo wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:Still got Kelly and Mumford to come back into that side, Stickers. Fairly handy inclusions. I think they still make the top six.

regards,

REB

And Toby Greene.

Another period player, are GWS the worst with this out of all the clubs? Have they ever had their best 22 fit or eligible to play at the same time?

Has anyone? Tough gig for any club. Richmond have done well in this regard but not so much this year.

Regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:59 am

Rik E Boy wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Spargo wrote:

regards,

REB

And Toby Greene.

Has anyone? Tough gig for any club. Richmond have done well in this regard but not so much this year.

Regards,

REB

Going down like flies all across the competition at the moment.

147 players ( many listed as "Test" ) on the AFL injury list as of March 27th.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:54 am

FlyingHigh wrote:The Gold Coast had a pretty shocking run at times too.

I think it shows the AFL's arrogance in pushing so hard to get those teams up and running. So many kids forming the nucleus of a team while their bodies were underdeveloped/developing, playing a physically taxing professional sport against so many seasoned bodes. If they were at other clubs they would have been complementing seasoned players and been able to have a week off when it was needed.

The Gold Coast have been hit with the poisonous chalice since their inception as far as injuries are concerned.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:00 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
FlyingHigh wrote:The Gold Coast had a pretty shocking run at times too.

The Gold Coast have been hit with the poisonous chalice since their inception as far as injuries are concerned.

Every Gold Coast franchise ever assembled has failed....the AFL were blind to this.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:18 am

Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:The 6-6-6 is making the midfield more open and inside 50's easier but now there are 12 blokes inside 50 instead of 6-8 previously which is creating much more chaos and contested footy and hence less scoring.

There's been 12 in the two 50's for about 3 years, 5 forwards and 7 defenders.

Disagree, while there were +1's and +2's at times, there were as many as 4 forwards up on the CHF square at the bounce, now they have to be all inside 50 which is making it very crowded. I havent seen the stats yet but Im guessing I50's are up, but scoring isn't.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:25 am

Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:The 6-6-6 is making the midfield more open and inside 50's easier but now there are 12 blokes inside 50 instead of 6-8 previously which is creating much more chaos and contested footy and hence less scoring.

Disagree, while there were +1's and +2's at times, there were as many as 4 forwards up on the CHF square at the bounce, now they have to be all inside 50 which is making it very crowded. I havent seen the stats yet but Im guessing I50's are up, but scoring isn't.

Watching Talking Footy last night, they made a good point about the 6-6-6 - Hawthorn in previous years would've flooded back to stem the momentum on the weekend, they couldn't and the Bulldogs just kept on winning clearances and scoring.

Also similar with Rd 1 Geelong and Collingwood, the 6-6-6 allowed the Cats to stay in the game when they were a goal behind because the Pies couldn't fill the D50.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:28 am

The Bedge wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:

Watching Talking Footy last night, they made a good point about the 6-6-6 - Hawthorn in previous years would've flooded back to stem the momentum on the weekend, they couldn't and the Bulldogs just kept on winning clearances and scoring.

Also similar with Rd 1 Geelong and Collingwood, the 6-6-6 allowed the Cats to stay in the game when they were a goal behind because the Pies couldn't fill the D50.

Whilst I agree with Dutchy that the starting positions have had to adjust I don't think the number of players in the area has changed much, it's just 6 on 6 instead of 7 on 5 or worse.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:15 am

The Bedge wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:

Not sure about that, wings can easily drop back into D50 as soon as ball goes up, it is harder but not impossible to get numbers back.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Armchair expert » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:24 am

The wings can go back but the attacking wingers can stand in free space and get clean possession and if they are any good hit a target.
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1415 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL