AFL Round 3 - #putyourcoxout

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL Round 3 - #putyourcoxout

Postby valleys07 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:29 pm

Booney wrote:RICHMOND superstar Dustin Martin has been fined $2500 for his controversial pair of hand gestures towards Greater Western Sydney players during a fiery encounter on Saturday.

AFL.com.au understands Martin has been fined a total of $7500, with $5000 suspended until the end of 2020, for raising his middle finger towards a Giants player and then appearing to imitate snorting drugs.

It has been alleged that Martin made the second hand gesture towards Giants ruckman Shane Mumford, who was returning from a two-game suspension after a video surfaced of him snorting a white powder late last year.

Martin apologised for his gestures on Wednesday afternoon, saying on Twitter: "Frustrating one on the weekend. I understand my reaction is not a good look for the game. I apologise for my actions. Thanks."

The AFL issued a 'please explain' to Martin for the hand gestures on Monday, with the 2017 Brownlow Medal winner forced to provide a written response by Tuesday evening.

It was a frustrating weekend for Martin, who was also suspended for one game after intentionally elbowing Adam Kennedy in an incident that occurred around 80m from the ball.

Swanny's take on this on "Hump Day" was amusing :lol:
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:47 pm

Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Only the big 4 could afford to be shit for so long and still survive [emoji3]

Surviving is the absolute top end of Carlton's current existence.

If we are using the theory on here we’re going alright since we just made the GF.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:52 pm

Another debutant for the swans tomorrow night. Justin McInerney. Pick 44 in the 2018draft
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:30 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Another debutant for the swans tomorrow night. Justin McInerney. Pick 44 in the 2018draft

You’ve got your own thread for this sort of shit ;)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL